K-MAC crew dodges damaging weather at TMS

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

April 13, 2007

K-MAC Sports crew among many who count themselves lucky at TMS

(Leander, TX) –Wow! As if life wasn't exciting enough up at Texas Motor Speedway for the NASCAR events this weekend.

Severe weather rolled through the area surrounding TMS and while the track itself hasn’t reported any serious damage, there was horrible damage reported in the Fort Worth and Dallas areas.

“There were tornados, and some serious damage, south of the track, most particularly in Haltom City (TX),” said K-MAC Sports co-owner Chuck Licata. “The local newscasts had incredible video - scary, too - of tractor-trailers that were overturned by the high winds and a tornado that touched down in Haltom City.”

Licata continued, “The track itself missed out on the tornados as well as the softball-sized hail that hit our hotel at Hwy. 820 in Haltom City. We were still at the track doing our K-MAC Sports show while it came through the area! Thankfully, most everyone we know up here is safe and okay, including those camping out at the race track. We’re all very lucky.”

As of 9:20 p.m Central time on Friday night, reports stated one man had died during the storms that ripped through the area.

The K-MAC Sports crew will produce two shows tomorrow – “The Motorsports Zone” on The Zone (KVET-AM, 1300, Austin, streaming at www.am1300thezone.com) and the O'Reilly's 300 Busch Series post-race show, starting at 4:15 p.m. Central time on the K-MAC Sports Web site (kmacsports.com).

K-MAC Sports will also produce a two-hour Cup preview show on Sunday from 10 a.m. to Noon on the company’s Web site (kmacsports.com).

Guests and interviews on those shows include Texas drivers David Starr and Brad Coleman; Cup drivers Matt Kenseth, Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin, Mark Martin, Kevin Harvick, Casey Mears, Ken Schrader, Jeff Green, Jeff Burton, David Reutimann and Mike Bliss; Cup team owners Bill Davis and Beth Ann Morgenthau; Hall of Fame racing competition director Philippe Lopez; UT graduate and Woods Brothers/JTG Racing PR director Jeff Cheatham; Nancy Davis of the Ultimate Chargers program; media personality Dawn Murphy; and, Samsung 500 Grand Marshall “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, among others.

-30-

:huh: ummm as long as the Hooters survived right? LOL

As soon as they called off the remaining events for the day, the tornado sirens sounded and security started directing everyone into concession stands, bathrooms (now co-ed), and the souvenier stands. Of course I had a straight head and requested that everyone leave their coolers at the entrance to make room for more people inside :lol: It is soooo amazing, people you never even met just chit chat like long lost friends. You gotta love our sport!

If you're headed to the track in the morning, dress WARM. Winds are expected to be up to 25 mph and temps will be in the lower 50s. LET'S GO RACIN'!!! Come see us in Turn 4 sec PU430 Row 57 heheh yea row 57. We're blogging from the track. THANKS KEITH FOR THE TICKETS!

Dawn,

With that description of you, you should be really easy to pick out of the crowd.LOL I'm sure no one else will have a cold brew in hand.

Glad to hear all made it through the storms okay. I was so upset about not getting to go this year, but after the weather reports, I'm kind of glad that I am at home. I will be looking for you on tv tomorrow. I will look for the girl with the cold brew in hand.

GO #48

Mona Turner

AWEsome! Congrats to you on that oldtimer!

The Busch race was good, we got about 400 pics total :blink: Got the King's autograph :D which rocked! We'll be in section PL440 row 25 for the NEXTEL race. Dawn, I'll be looking for you! Look for me 2, I'll be the guy in Earhardt gear, adult beverage in hand, scanner on hip, booing the Busch brothers :lol: j/k I should be easy to find hehehehe

AWEsome! Congrats to you on that oldtimer!

The Busch race was good, we got about 400 pics total :blink: Got the King's autograph :D which rocked! We'll be in section PL440 row 25 for the NEXTEL race. Dawn, I'll be looking for you! Look for me 2, I'll be the guy in Earhardt gear, adult beverage in hand, scanner on hip, booing the Busch brothers :lol: j/k I should be easy to find hehehehe

just watched that bush race on tv ..matt made me laugh when he told his crew man that thing was hanging out those last two laps .good race ..you guys have alot of fun ..that 1000 is the largest one i had hit .hell i looked at it for ever to make sure it was a winner. ive hit 500 a few times and 800 over a few tickets at one time and i hit 100 s alot .but never 1000 .so now i have that one i want something bigger ..lol not gredy just want more ..ill give that guy that sold me the ticket .some of it .they put up with us typ of poeple all the time .so he deserve it ..