Casey Smith

Racin4life00

I just wanna know why almost everyone is Bashing him, talking trash about a young star, to most..Being a good friend for many years I see him making it all the way..but all he wants to do is have fun running whatever he can .Like at the S.A race running a TAMS race he had a bad night .Like they said in other posts there's always gonna be two sides to a story ..Now at Houston all he is doing is trying to have fun out there running someone's car, but when people talk trash about people it makes it look good for your self when you need help from someone 9 out of 10 times there not gonna help you . Do you see Casey talking trash to every1? Do you see him on this website talking about people? NO! people meaning sponsers arent gonna wanna help somebody out that talks trash to every1 , wants to fight every1!

Thats why he has had so much help with people because he treats them with respect, he is always honest, and will help you out anyway he can, I know that for a fact he has helped me out so much for years.

You dont see many people that do that these days,that will just help anybody out for just the heck of it.

He ISNT out there just to wreck people in the race so if anyone that thinks that, just thought wrong.

Just a good friend

I just wanna know why almost everyone is Bashing him, talking trash about a young star,

Your definition of "bashing" and "talking trash" seems to be different than mine. I thought the discussions about the performance of young Mr. Smith over the past few weeks were quite reserved and often times very respectful. In fact, I did not have to edit any post in the thread about the HRP TSRS event. And you will note that there were several posts in which people were very complimentary towards Mr. Smith.

You feel the need to come to Mr. Smith's defense. That is very understandable. But that does not mean that everyone here at TSZ is a basher or is talking trash if they disagree with your point of view.

Thanks for your understanding.

Nick Holt

TSZ Moderator

I think that CASEY SMITH is as good as any driver that runs TSRS. Every one that ever drove a race car has crashed and unless you are behind the wheel you really don't know whats happens.All of the TSRS races i've been to I see the same drivers in the crashes and thats also the ones that casey wasn't even at .The race at HMS last weekend casey did have a crash but what about the other crashes that took all the green flag laps from the fans I don't want to point at anyone but there are a couple of cars that were in damn near ever wreck and not a word on them.

I agree supertex

Casey was in one wreck I thought he did a good job in the Hoston race.

It was a couple other cars that it seems are always in or causing not just

wrecks but also caution laps and caution laps and more caution laps it gets

old after a while,and this is coming from a drivers view all I can say is feel

for all the fans that had to watch that Houston race.

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

Thank you to each of our 22 TSRS drivers and Officials that attended the mandatory drivers meeting following the TSRS race. I think this entire race night will be a step in the right direction for drivers and series officials/staff. This thread could go on and on and additional feelings could get hurt, trust me, there were enough on Saturday night, I can promise you. It was bad enough, so rumors don't need to be added to it. Yes, everyone has the right to cheer and not cheer for whom ever they want, but one thing I personally want to say is... TSRS is for ANY driver that has a TSRS series car. It is not always the drivers that make or break what the car does on a track. You can take the best car and put a fairly good driver in the seat and see some great racing action and you can take a great driver and put them in a car with a handling problem or tire going down or an incident on the track, that takes extraordinary driving to avoid and then the fans and crew members and sometimes other drivers seem to think that it is all the driver! It takes BOTH and just because one driver has had opportunities in other areas of racing and wants to keep him or herself in the racing action, they should not be bashed for that. Nor should an owner of a car that really wants to see TSRS series be successful with a great car count each time, have one more car out there. H & I watched the entire race last night, from the green flag to the finish we timed the race, right @ an hour. No, we are not proud of that but, I personally thought it was more like 3 with only about 8 or 9 cars finishing the race, that too was not the case, we started with 22 and ended with more like 17. Sometimes bad things happen for good reasons, the meeting after the race was in my opinion a stepping stone to bigger and better things for TSRS and again I thank each and every one of the 22 drivers and their attitudes once we all stepped into that media room, that is what TSRS is all about! God Bless each and every one of you, your crews, families and each of the TSRS Officials/Staff and their loved ones. It is all for the LOVE of racing and we all have feelings, I know by now we have ALL seen the Bush and Winston night of racing, that same action was happening @ HMS and there was not even a full moon! Hope to see everyone @ Thunder Hill Raceway @ the 7th Annual TEXAS STOCK CAR SPECTACULAR, September 27th! TSRS Officials/Staff will be working hard to show that we all learned a lot from that night of racing! TSZ, thanks for such an incredible website! :)

thought we closed the smith thread? that was all some good talk, dont know why nick closed the other hms thread? guess it didnt look good if other people read about what was being said about him and maybe even the tsrs series and how that race was ran. oh well....

thought we closed the smith thread? that was all some good talk, dont know why nick closed the other hms thread? guess it didnt look good if other people read about what was being said about him and maybe even the tsrs series and how that race was ran. oh well....

I think you may have me confused with someone else, because I am a race offical with the Texas Pro Sedan series, not the Texas Super Racing Series. We have our own set of problems at TPS that have been discussed openly and honestly here on TSZ, so I really don't have a clue what you are talking about.

I explained why I closed that thread in the thread itself. It was at the request of people who were involved in that thread who felt that everything that needed to be said was said.

By the way, all the posts are still there for anyone to read. Just because I closed the thread does not mean the posts are removed from the board.

I hope this explains things for you.

Nick Holt

Like I said in the chatroom the other day - One thing is for sure, unless you have been living uder a rock since the SAS tripple header, everyone by now should know who Casey Smith is. Now with all the attention eveybody will be watching him and if he wins a couple of races seems like all the negeitve PR will turn into positive ones.

Guest Justaracefan

I was told today that Joe Armanda ran the #3 car in a TSRS race this year, didn't get it qualified very good wasn't a top-5 car for sure. In San Antonio Joe ran VERY well and was fast in the ROMCO race; could this be what Mrs Nauman is speaking of in her post "take a good driver and put him in a not so good car" he will put on a show. From what I am learning Casey didn't have just alot of equipment to work with on Saturday night but still ran in the top-5.

Ok I guess this needs to be asked but it isn't ment to inflame... What happened to Casey in regards to ASA was he only running a limited sched or did his team cut it short... Also speaking of Aramendia since you brought it up. Yes he did run the car an ran it very well untill a tire went down but he didnt make any major mistakes in it either... You could say Joe made one in his ROMCO car but a blown tire really cant be considered a mistake... Casey will get better over time but he still needs to learn a few things and get those darn magnets out of the car...

Although I've grown tired of the senseless talk about Casey Smith (good and bad), I'll throw in my agreement here with Charles and Keith. The #3 car is usually fast. I was not at that particular race, but I've watched that car with a stopwatch in hand dozens of times being driven by half a dozen different people. It's plenty fast.

cs

I don't care how good a friend you are of Casey, he is just flat dangerous in a race car. He might be having a lot of fun, but at someone elses expence. He need to gain a little more experience & judgement before he moves on to bigger & better things. If you have to be explaining why he is wrecking every race, something is very wrong.

i have to agree with everyone on this one(good and bad), im not a big casey smith fan, asa, romco, tsrs, modified, whatever he chooses to run. not that i dont like him, just not a big fan. true, everyone crashes, lord knows if i got in a race car it would probally be in a wall somewhere. oh the other hand, casey seems to have dis regard for other racers, again not that i dont like him. he may be one of the best to come out of texas, and i wish him all the luck in asa and whatever the future holds for him. the sas tsrs deal was a missed shift, anyone could of done it. the mod deal at sas, didnt see what happened, but from the looks of it, it was a bad deal for both drivers. the tsrs houston deal with the 50 car, from where i was watching, looked like casey was a little angry about getting passed or thought the 50 got into him and moved the 50 car. at that point i lost all respect(see above) for casey, that was uncalled for. the deal with the 13 car, dont know what happened there, just saw the aftermath. now after seeing what happened with the 50 car, my initial response was casey plum drove over the 13, but i dont really know what happened. I think if casey wants to run tsrs, he should, it gives those drivers a little bit more to strive for, the same goes for any driver that wants to come in. on the other hand, i think casey needs to have a good clean run at thr to stop all of this, regardless if the previous dealings with were his fault or not.

big john

Guest Justaracefan

Like I have posted and several other posts have mentioned if you are a Casey Smith fan in your eyes you will see that he did not do anything wrong if you are on the other side you will be convinced you got wrecked -- Upjohn88 started out his comment saying he was not a Casey Smith fan and really didn't see what happen with the 13 car but for sure felt he ran over the 50 car You are probably are a #50 car fan or crew member and obviously support your driver, which is great!

I don't know anything about the #50 car or the #13 car in fact I would not know anything about TSRS or TAMS if Casey hadn't have come into either of those series. I didn't know a sole in either series and as a fan I certainly come to the races to watch a driver.

You should remember that Casey has been running and winning in Texas for a long time and has many fans that follow him.

Like him or not he has brought attention to the series. In fact 2 of my friends are looking at getting a modified next year because they have talked to Casey and learned about the cars and the TAMS series.

As a race fan when I am at the races and TAMS or TSRS cars are running I know I am personally making a special effort to watch and cheer (for or against) a selected few drivers.

Again this is great for the drivers and the series added attention has been brought to both.

I know now who I don't want to win the TSRS championship because of the opinion I have formed of those drivers from this forum.

Casey has brought some new fans to the stands ( Me personally and 5 of my buddies)attention to the series, and a cheering section (for or against) specific drivers!

Looking forward to the THR race -

I hope that Ronnie New can win the TSRS championship and the #3 car is there to help him out doing what ever he has to do - just my opinion.

I hope that Ronnie New can win the TSRS championship and the #3 car is there to help him out doing what ever he has to do - just my opinion
OH I really wish you had not gone there. Somebody needs to keep an eye on this situation.

Guest Justaracefan

Obviously there have been alot of eyes watching---

Good luck to Ronnie and Casey in the upcoming THR event.

Like I stated earlier would not have even watched the TSRS cars until now but with all the attention brought to the series and drivers we are looking forward to it.

Guest Justaracefan
I guess Tommy and Jp better keep an eye on the rear view mirror then. Isn't the # 3 owned by BJ New? Sounds like a conspiracy.

Sounds like a 2 car team to me - With one of the drivers fighting hard to win a championship and the other driver that has nothing to lose and everything to gain - Just my opinion

Archived