Casey Smith

Racin4life00

like i said in other post, i am a long time friend of the smith family. i have the most respect for casey and his family doing what they do for him. you no you people get on here and bash him, why i don't know. i wish you would take a little time and just get to know casey, you might change your fillings about him. casey drives our 31 TAMS car and he got in a wreck at SAS but it wasn't his fault! we couldn't ask for a better person or driver to race our car than casey. look at winston cup you have the best of the best in there and they get in wrecks every weekend. well i guess i can end this up with this! its just like darrell waltrip says, if you get all this bashing and booos you know your good. :D

you no you people get on here and bash him, why i don't know.

Kenny,

Since you are an unabashed (pun intended) Casey Smith fan and a close friend of his family, it is understandable that you would make strong postive statements about Casey Smith here on TSZ.

However, Mr. Smith has indeed been involved in a series of wrecks in his last few local races whether you like it or not. That other racers and fans should question your perception that Casey is "twice as good" as the rest and emphatically point out what they consider evidence to the contrary is just as understandable as your strong statements on his behalf.

Furthermore, if you will go back through this thread you will see that the vast majority of posts about Casey in this thread are either positive or neutral. And those that are negative in tone I would not charcterize as bashing. There are other South Texas racing websites you could check out to gain an insight into what bashing is all about.

Nick Holt

Quote: casey drives our 31 TAMS car and he got in a wreak at SAS but it wasn't his fault!

Thanks mom! Signed: Casey

Only a mother (or father) could love it. I wonder what Chris would have to say about that quote from Kenny.

Send Casey to THR on the 27th and SAS on the 4th and lets see if he's got it.

I can't stand it any longer, I have to post on this one. Casey is catching alot of heat on TSZ. Is it justified? I don't know, I did not watch those races. The part that bothers me is the the fact some people keep point out that he is unjustly changing the outcome of the point battle. We show up to the races to win, not ride around. We are not in the ROMCO point battle because we missed two races, should I pull over for the 96, 8 or 13. If you know me at all you know that is the last thing that will happen. I show up to win, no other reason. Not to run second, third or tenth. Casey is the same way. If you don't think this way I bet you don't have many trophies on your shelf. Casey is a good guy. Some people just like to see others fail. On second thought, you know I might whip out a TSRS car for the last two races, sounds like fun.

Bandit I believe you are in a different situation than Casey is in. You have been running the series all year long. I along with the rest of the fans would not expect for you to pull over for someone that is in a points battle. I believe that the situation that Casey is in only running a handful of races is a bit different. He did have a wreck with someone that was in a points battle so therefore he did change the points battle somewhat. Although its not like he was about to be a lapped car and was fighting to stay on the lead lap.

Hey wait! Larry! How can this be? Why just last Saturday someone in the SAS pits informed me that you hit everyone on the track except the pace car...

Along the same lines, I have been informed by my wife that I only have two faults. Everything I say and everything I do.. LOL

I guess it's all just a matter of perspective.

Nick Holt

Modracer. How is there a diffrence in situations between eddie and casey? Neither one of them are in the points race. If you think they shouldnt run cause there not in it for points then I think that would also eliminate about 1/2 the field in both romco and tsrs. Would you rather see a race with just 10 cars??

You know if you think about it all you people are doing on here by talking about Casey is making people want to see him more. Whether it be in the good way of how some of you have stated or in the way that some of you have said that he is a wreck causer, people will want to watch him race just to see whats gonna happen. So know matter how much you bash him or talk good about him his name has really became a household name. I mean give the kid a break he can drive racecar, no doubt about that. But come on guys yall are all talkin like he is the only one who has ever crashed a car. Yeah he might have got in some wrecks that involved high point people thats just a coincedence. Lets say that was someone else at the TAMS race had gotten together with Swenson would all of you who have talked down about Casey be on here talking down about the person. My guess is probably not because there name is as tautted as Casey's is. But like Bandit said Casey is a racer and will always be a racer and when he goes out there to race he's only thinking one thing and thats to win. An if he is like most drivers I know he will do whatever it takes to win, if its having to move someone to do it he probably would but I dont know I'm not Casey and I cant speak for the way he would drive. But I can tell you if it was me in that situation and I was running second goin for the win and the points leader was in front of me and I know that I had a chance to win I just had to use some force to do it I would. But thats my .02 cents worth.

Josh Freeman

Soon to be driver #42

All-Star Race truck

Along the same lines, I have been informed by my wife that I only have two faults. Everything I say and everything I do.. LOL

I guess it's all just a matter of perspective.

Nick Holt

Nick,

Your wife forgot one thing---you smell... :lol:

Just kidding!

You know if you think about it all you people are doing on here by talking about Casey is making people want to see him more.

Josh,

Truer words have never been spoken..

As 2 of my former broadcast partners have always said (one guy works on FoxSports, the other works for the Dallas Cowboys)...

"Even BAD publicity is better than NO publicity.."

Colt the point that I was trying to make was Eddie was at least in the series more than one race. The same cant be said Smith. I would have a hard time to accepting fact that I was involved in a wreck with someone who only has ran a race or two and I have supported the series all year long. We all want more cars in the series that we run because the fans will enjoy the racing more and it will make the series grow. Now granted you want to win every race that you compete in if not we all wouldnt be drivers. But, when someone is in a close points race you have to be a little aware and dont do something that would eliminate that.

Archived