ARTS TRUCKS

andy66

• 1 year later...

I got a couple here real quick, will post more as I get them scanned.

First pic is Rick Emde in the #50 and Terry Brooks in #02; the front row at the 1999 Octoberfast at San Antonio.

Second pic is us in Victory Lane at the same race.

Third is in the pits at Irwindale for the National race. Notie the high-tech U-Haul trailer; ya'll may remember that our hauler flipped in Arizona on the way out there, and we had to improvise to get the truck and parts to California and back.

post-21-1217988865_thumb.jpg

post-21-1217988895_thumb.jpg

post-21-1217988915_thumb.jpg

Dodge City on Labor Day weekend 2002. It was a two day event. Low qualifier. They put us on the back in the Saturday night qualifing race but Jon won anyway. Started on the pole on Sunday and brought home the trophy and the cash. I liked the cash.

post-8338-1217994777_thumb.jpg

Didn't ya'll get your first win at that track in 2000? One of the Dodge City/Altus doubleheaders..

Jon was leading the pack in a rain shower when they called it a few laps early.

A couple more.

The first is Terry waiting to go out to practice, 1999 Octoberfast. In the background are the Late Models of Mark Schultz #25, Bill La Barge #27, and Kris Frost #47. That is Arthur Alexander behind the truck.

The second pic is a couple old and close friends in the Irwindale pits in 1999. On the left is Ray Gordon, from Meridian, Mississippi. Ray was a legendary old school drag racer who helped Lee Machen get his start in racing in the early 60's.

The guy on the right is familiar to North Texas dirt racers; it is Joe Sturdivant from Waco; as always, in his khaki Dickies.

post-21-1217990398_thumb.jpg

post-21-1217990409_thumb.jpg

Yes, Tom you are correct. Here is the heat race that Bruce crashed in. That is him on the outside. That is Bradley behind Jon and I think the 02 in in there somewhere. We were turning 7,200 just after this picture was taken.

post-92-1217991858_thumb.jpg

This is at TMS. Bruce is chewing on my butt about something as usual. After the race, I chewed on his butt for about an hour because I let him talk me into testing some brake pads for ARTS. They got so hot they boiled the fluid in the calipers. Cost us a win. Oh well!

post-8338-1217995480_thumb.jpg

Yea Tommy, that truck is in allot of those picture's 42, 33.....and now it's the 31 driven by the one and only Jim Albert.....How ya doin Jim?????

I have another picture of that truck in line up @ Houston with you in it, when it was still the 38. Soon as I can figure out how, I will get it on here. 18 truck's in the shot....man those where the good old day's

BTW, Robert Walton's first race in the truck's, set fast time, (beat out Greg Davis in my truck by a tick) and then we got punted by Napolian after taking the lead, only to have Greg punt him back on a yellow....short nite....but interesting after the race!!!!

Second picture down is the one and only Bucky Hutchinson...many TPS Champ....We still work for the same company. He's into Harley's now!

bud carroll was alot of fun racing with , when he finally got that sucker right,,,,,,boy he got it right.

Bud was one of the funnest guys to race with. I remember the race from the pics above that we ran together most of the race then my transmission started slipping really bad and had to pull of with about 17 to go, but after that race I went and talked to Bud and he told that mentally wore him but that was some of the best racing he had in a while where he knew that we could that close for that long and only touch either a couple times.

Archived