San Antonio Speedway postpones March 17 Stock Car Races

For Immediate Release – March 14, 2007

(210) 690-8564 (210) 415-1251 (cell)

cnholt@sbcglobal.net

San Antonio Speedway postpones March 17 Stock Car Races

San Antonio, TX (March 14, 2007) – Eight inches of rain – with possibly more in the forecast – have forced San Antonio Speedway (SAS) officials to postpone this weekend’s stock car racing program until March 24, 2007.

“The parking lot and infield are totally underwater,” SAS General Manager Rick Day said in making the announcement. “We know from past experience that even if the sun were to shine from this moment on, the grounds would be unusable. And even if we buy or rent several additional pumps for the pit area, it will be almost impossible to remove all of water and get the ground dry in time for this week’s race. So, we are just moving everything back a week.”

The re-scheduled program will feature the United States Racing Association (USRA) Truck Series - one of the most popular touring stock car series in Texas - the Lone Star Legacy Series and all four San Antonio Speedway local classes at the super-quick, high-banked, half-mile San Antonio Speedway oval – the fastest short track in Texas.

Day also hopes the postponement will translate into an increased car count on March 24.

“Calling this weekend off will give some of our racers another week to prepare their cars for the 2007 season,” Day said. “I’ll bet that some teams that weren’t quite ready for their opening night were doing rain dances all week. Well, it worked!”

“We’ve been contacted by the state, and they’re wanting to rename to place ‘Lake San Antonio Speedway’ and open the place up to duck hunting, fishing and water skiing,” SAS Vice President Debbie Williams joked as she looked out over the submerged SAS infield. “I wonder if it’s too late to schedule a boat race for this weekend.”

On Friday, March 23, a Test and Tune session has been scheduled from 5:00 until 9:00 p.m. Grandstand admission for this practice session will be free for spectators.

On Saturday, March 24, the pit gates will open at 2:00 p.m. with practice sessions scheduled to begin at 3:00 p.m. and qualifying set to take the green flag at 6:00 p.m. The racing action will begin promptly at 7:00 p.m. with heat races for the SAS Grand Stocks, the SAS Road Runners and the SAS Sportsman division, followed by feature events the Grand Stocks (15 laps), the Lone Star Legacys (50 laps), the Road Runners (20 laps), the Sportsman (25 laps), the USRA Trucks (50 laps) and the fire breathing SAS Late Models (40 laps).

Grandstand admission for Saturday’s events is $12 for adults, $8 for Senior/Military/Student with ID, and $3 for Children 7-12. Children 6 and under are admitted free.

San Antonio Speedway is located 3.5 miles south of Loop 410 on Texas Highway 16 towards Poteet. For more information about San Antonio Speedway or the USRA, call SAS General Manager Rick Day at 210-827-4524 or call the SAS race hotline at 210-628-1499.

The San Antonio Speedway website is http://www.sanantoniospeedway.com.

- 30 -

Photos by Debbie Williams

post-3-1173901035_thumb.jpg

post-3-1173901054_thumb.jpg

post-3-1173901068_thumb.jpg

HA... :lol: AMEN to that..

Belly surfing might be fun .mine would work out great .. : :D well maybe my backside aswell ... one thing good aboult it .wont be any pit dust .might consider jet ski racen ...

I think when it is pumped out they should try to leave alittle lake out there between 1 and 2 were it usually fills up with water... LoL LoL

I drove by on my way home last night and they are right no way that parking lot is going to be dry enough by saturday night....

I just hope the frogs do not take over the infield and the track I will never be able to race again at sas that is one thing that i am deadly afraid of FROGS. I even quit drinking bud wize er until Louie electroshocked them

With me, it's Clowns...

I think it's the big shoes.....

you can rename the track WART SPEEDWAY ///come on out get your frogleg soup .frogleg stakes lilly pad salad .with tad pole dressing ........ have a hoppen great time ... topping the headlines in tonights show ...KERMIT THE FROG WILL TRY HIS LUCK CROSSING THE TRACK WITH 100 CREAMING CARS ...

- ou81too: sorry 'bout that "frogaphobia", I had a friend when I was kid who had the same thing. It kinda made it hard to go down the the creek to swim, skip rocks, etc.

Is there an update as how to the drainage is going as SAS?

We've been pumping out water for several days, and we're optimistic about getting it ready for this weekend's race . . . may still be some water standing in the turns, but hopefully the track will be usable.

Unfortunately, there's a chance of rain from Wednesday through Saturday in the forecast. If we get even more rain this week, we'll have to re-evaluate the possibility of getting the pits ready in time. Call off the rain dances, please, until after Saturday.

Archived