Bill Parcells

RodneyRodriguez

Hopefully Jerry Jones can fork out enough cash to get Bill Cower or at the least someone with a pedigry of winning super bowls...

To give Parcells credit though he has rebuilt the talent level alot better than any of those other nuckle heads before him have done since Jimmy left...

Oh yeah think he can convince Jimmy to come back again??? (Just wishfull thinking!!!!!) :)

listening to cowboys.com they say Cowher would cost draft picks and $, he's still under contract even though he resigned. Johnson (not the racer) would be cool but I don't see it happening.

It pains me to say it but I would love to see Bob Stoops on our sideline. I wanted him installed when they hired Big Bill.

I wouldnt mind seeing Stoops,, only thing that worries me about him is I am not sure how good his offense would work in the NFL...

One thing for sure, who ever they get better be a offensive or defensive genious, and then better higher a coordinator thats bad a** for whichever he is not....

well the team has some good players on it .its time for a young and hungry coach that has something to prove .and can get the hart out of his players .they lost those last games cuz noone could get thier harts into it .i dont care what collor . oh and sell the team and get coach jones off the team .

I really dont have a problem with Jerry Jones, atleast he is willing to spend what it takes to win... He just needs to hire people who know how to win and guage tallent and stay out of the way more...

I know bash me now, there are still a ton of people who hate him becuase he fired Laundry!!!!

As a long time fan of the Washington Native Americans (Gotta be politically correct...), I'm amazed about 2 things that I noticed today.

1. There were no sports yesterday. No Football, no basketball, no hockey, no golf, nothing.

2. No other coach has ever retired. Ever. In the history of Mankind.

How else do you explain ESPN devoting 2 channels to this story all morning.... :D

when he plays to his potential, he is one of the best recievers to play the game......his problem is he is lazy at times and is too worried about how to show off after he scores, that he has forgot the fundamentals of catching the ball first.........

it sucks parcells retired, he is a good coach, and this year was the first year they put all of the pieces together, i think next year would have been even better since romo would have some playing time......

we were talking at work about stoops being a nice choice, but just because he is a good college coach doesnt mean he will be a great nfl coach.......look at nick saban, all that money and he couldnt put the pieces together in miami.......

Hopefully Jerry Jones can fork out enough cash to get Bill Cower or at the least someone with a pedigry of winning super bowls

parcells had more super bowls than cower had........

may be time for the first black coach of the cowboys,got 2 coaching in the superbowl

this race garbage is getting a little out of hand......there are two talented coaches in the super bowl, period.....doesnt matter if they are black, green or purple........they are very talanted and their team rose to the occation......who gives a rats a$$ if they are black, so what.......maybe the cowboys will bring in grimm, the steelers front runner until they picked tomlin.......whoever comes in will be in the same situation that that drunk was when johnson left.......he will have all of the pieces to win games, will he get them to the next level or not.......

Aint that the truth all mouth and when the going got tough .where was he .drop passes .cant get open .waste of money .

jmo

Owens is the best player on the team, but a lot of times he does play with his head up his a$$. Good thing about him is he draws double coverage a lot and opens up the field. The only way I'd get rid of him is if I could find someone better than him...and there aren't too many.

As far as coaching, it's a shame Sean Peyton left for New Orleans...that guy would've been a great replacement...who knows?

Aint that the truth all mouth and when the going got tough .where was he .drop passes .cant get open .waste of money .

jmo

Owens is the best player on the team, but a lot of times he does play with his head up his a$$. Good thing about him is he draws double coverage a lot and opens up the field. The only way I'd get rid of him is if I could find someone better than him...and there aren't too many.

As far as coaching, it's a shame Sean Peyton left for New Orleans...that guy would've been a great replacement...who knows?

i suppose if owen and i would keep our mouth shut .we.d get more respect. :D.......i know someone will second that one .

that is probably the best thing that T.O. brings to the table...........if you dont double cover him, there is the chance he can get the long ball, if you do double him it opens it up for glenn or whitten...........they have all the ingredients to make a run at the title, and this year with romo stepping in they finally got a decent quarterback to complete the team........in the offseason they need to pick up a few defensive players.......their defense needs some help.......parcells rebuilt the team into a championship caliber team again......

the speculation as to why he retired was T.O.......T.O is everything that parcells hates about modern football........too many primadonna pretty boys who arent concerned about the team, but only how many times they touch the ball in a game.......so basically for his retirement you can thank jerry jones, he's the one that brought T.O. into the organizaton.........just when he got rid of the keyshawn nuisance, jerry jones goes out and gets an even bigger nuisance..........

kn1ghtblade, It is Landry, not Laundry. Aleast show respect for the best coach the Cowboys have ever had. Living for the past when football was real! :D

LoL sorry for the misspell, I am one of the main reasons spell check was invented... Only thing is it doesnt do to good with names.... :(

They were saying last night that Norve (no win) Turner is the front runner... I sure as hell hope not, I can not stand him as a head coach... Now as a cooridinator he is ok, but head coach he just stinks up the place....

one scenerio this AM has Mike Singletary (ex-Bear LB) coming in with Norv as the o.c., which may work? Turner would be good to continue grooming Romo and Singletary probably wouldn't take any shieit from TO, he handled ray Lewis in Baltimore. But Mike has never had a head coaching gig so maybe the are co-head coaches.

I'd like Jimmy Johnson as well but I think Jimmie Johnson would coach before Jimmy!

Overall Owens put up Pro Bowl numbers. Had he converted half the drops the numbers would have been even more amazing.

Sad comparison: Babe Ruth hit 714 home runs in his career, but had 1330 strike outs...more than any other player. So I guess sometimes you have to put up with the bad plays to get the better ones.

Archived