Let the mustangs race

Ford27

The other post about what ford car to build got me thinkin...I wanted to run a mustang when i first decided to race...problem was the only place i could run would be in the 4cyl class and I'm definatly an 8 cyl kind of guy so racin for me was put on hold for 10 yrs!!!!untill I had a good job and could build a late model(i just converted it this year to a slm... OUCH!!! now I gotta go back....OUCH. @#$%^ %$#^& ..) anyway now that thats out of my system for another 10 min... POINT IS...for sportsman type classes it is all about racing !!! I dont believe any camero guys would have a problem with allowing mustangs to run with them. cameros are going to get hard to find anotherfew years and the price of 80;s model are going up... let the ford guy run a stang!!!! any thoughts?

The other post about what ford car to build got me thinkin...I wanted to run a mustang when i first decided to race...problem was the only place i could run would be in the 4cyl class and I'm definatly an 8 cyl kind of guy so racin for me was put on hold for 10 yrs!!!!untill I had a good job and could build a late model(i just converted it this year to a slm... OUCH!!! now I gotta go back....OUCH. @#$%^ %$#^& ..) anyway now that thats out of my system for another 10 min... POINT IS...for sportsman type classes it is all about racing !!! I dont believe any camero guys would have a problem with allowing mustangs to run with them. cameros are going to get hard to find anotherfew years and the price of 80;s model are going up... let the ford guy run a stang!!!! any thoughts?

you have my vote hell i may get out of the pinto and build a ford mustang .maybe a mustang class purty much stock motor v8 already have a hand up seeing i and we have and still race them . the v8 motors would be cheaper than the 4cylinder .thier is a street mustang club here in cc they have 75 members now .just may pick some of those guys up .

Those chevy guys dont want a ford to beat them lol man now ive said it .i think its time for a v8 minnie class .if they wont classify mustangs .there are alot of mustangs racen now .lalos ran around 15.60 at cc with a four banger .what would it do with a v8

I always thought Mustangs were allowed in Sportsman, did I miss something????? Is it a wheel base issue with the stangs, becuase I think they should be allowed to run with the camero's.... :) Even though I am not a bigtime ford guy I do love the stang and it would be awesome to get back to ford vs chevy atleast in 1 class!!!!!

WE TIE THE CHASSIS IN .WE TIE OUR PINTOS IN .AND UNLESS YOU REALLY TAKE A MEAN HIT WITH ONE OF OUR SET UPS YOU WONT HURT MUCH MOSTLY FRONT FRAME AND THAT DOES NOT TAKE LONG OR MUCH TO FIX .BUT YOU HIT ANYTHING JUST RIGHT AND ITS HISTORY . WE HAVE BEEN RUNNING UNI BODYS FOR 23 YEARS .DO THEM RIGHT THEY ARE TOUGH .SO IT ISNT A BIG THING FOR US .

Besides aren't some of the camero's being used uni-body's??? I thought that one that is a 80's something iraq style body was a uni-body camero... Again I have never taken the time to look underneath a camero or own one so I have no idea, but I could of swore they were uni-body's....

Exactly O/T,

Ya gotta tie the sub-frames together. Do y'all "X" them too?

Yes we do . just have to know where the flex points are when you build one . its easy toget carried away with pipe when building a cage .before you know its heavy .so study it closely .alttle here and there goes along way .i have looked at some other cars and pointed out some things to the owner that they didnt think aboult .mostly they dont know how to add the petty bar correctly .which in the unibodys we race makes a world of differents where and how much and the lack of support at that location .if you were to look at our 7 car .it really looks heavy . and it is cuz of the rules .added . but that car with driver unloaded from the rules add on wieght is only 2100 pounds .300 pounds is the driver .

No offense intended O/T, but wow, 300 lbs. That's a really, really big driver! :lol:
I dont thInk he would take it that way .he is tall and built big bone you may say .just kinda big . i made him a special door for him to get his legs in easier and moved the seat darn near where the back seat was . me im 231 and look fatter than him .which i am .lol he.s probably 6.2 im 5.8 and uglier . i kind of remind you of penguin in batman ..but i love me . :D:D most of the time

Besides aren't some of the camero's being used uni-body's??? I thought that one that is a 80's something iraq style body was a uni-body camero... Again I have never taken the time to look underneath a camero or own one so I have no idea, but I could of swore they were uni-body's....

I think a camaro is just a big version of a pinto. Of course its not a ford. Its pretty close anyway.

Archived