They're not Extinct - YET!

NickHolt

(Posted for Randy Larson)

We took this shot before the last race this year at Thunderhill and I though it would be great to show everyone at least four of the aircooleds for next year.

And you thought they were extinct, but here they come again, the Dinosaurs! .............

Randy

post-3-1166635392_thumb.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank You Nick,I hope that one day down the road someone will drag these pictures out and say do you remember these guys and girls,I have a picture of the old days at Pan American Speeday in the garage showing the 4 cylinders cars like Neil McCorvey in the #17 yellow bug on their parade lap around the track and cant help thinking........."Wow" we are still keeping them alive,plus we have a great series and director to race with...............Randy#53

If i was to come over and put a wheel on one of the bugs .could i get into the next pic you take ..And hold up my can of raid .some how i feel left out .ok no raid .just my ugly mug . also i believe you will need a bigger camera .Randy your nose looked good in that shot .now word of advice never take a pic at the racetrack . the car never looks the same at the end of that night .it did turn out good .pepsiblue see how they care .you.ll be in the next one . minnie9 brings a pinto we can take a pic of our cars i know we will be buzzed by all those pesky bugs but what the hay .

Oldtimer,I hope to get a picture of all the aircooleds on march 3rd, and it would be great if you got in the shot also,now you got to remember getting in the picture means that you have a soft spot for the old dinosaurs :D ..............could this mean that Oldtimer really likes the old bugs,even though he talks about raid and leaking oil :o ???????..................tune in..............Randy#53

(Note: Posted for Randy Larson)

Nick,

This is a picture of Pepsiblue (Bill Stipe) from baytown, the newest aircooled member.

What is funny about this shot is it was taken in the year (1967) I was born!!! please make a note of that so he sees it and could you put it tin the same column for comments.

Thanks.

Randy

post-3-1166645024_thumb.jpg

no comment except i dont want him to like me to much .but then again he may be the only one who would .

Down here in CC we will be having 4 bugs competing in 2007 all painted alike with #'s 94,95,96,97 if I have the numbers right from memory. It will be cool to see.

dang you bug guys quit sleeping together .you guys are giveng me hartburn .did someone declare war on us .i going to add extra bug protection to our windshield .

(Note: Posted for Randy Larson)

Nick,

This is a picture of Pepsiblue (Bill Stipe) from baytown, the newest aircooled member.

What is funny about this shot is it was taken in the year (1967) I was born!!! please make a note of that so he sees it and could you put it tin the same column for comments.

Thanks.

Randy

Wow...that guy looks young! (j/k Bill)...Let us know when you're racing at THR and we'll try our best to come watch!

:ph34r: thanks.....@%&@#&_@....randy. guess i'm going to have to be more judicious in how i share my photos.

ot, i've got a vw t-shirt you can wear for the photo op. that way you'll blend in and the ford guys wont know your consorting with the enemy.

and what a time for aj (52) to be cruising this thread. if everything goes ok, the first race is SAS March 3rd.

THR is tentatively set for April 27. let you know as time gets closer.

:D

:ph34r: thanks.....@%&@#&_@....randy. guess i'm going to have to be more judicious in how i share my photos.

ot, i've got a vw t-shirt you can wear for the photo op. that way you'll blend in and the ford guys wont know your consorting with the enemy.

and what a time for aj (52) to be cruising this thread. if everything goes ok, the first race is SAS March 3rd.

THR is tentatively set for April 27. let you know as time gets closer.

Thanks pepsiblue make it xL and i like blue . :D

I DONT KNOW IF WE CAN ALLOW A FORD GUY TO BE IN A BUG PICTURE. IM JUST KIDDING OLDTIMER YOU CAN BE IN ANY PIC WITH US AS LONG AS YOU GUYS DONT BEAT US TO MUCH NEXT YEAR.

YOU or any bugger are welcome at our car anytime .there are going to be some really fast bugs next year .headlines bug win sas bug wins thunder hill .i can see it .but not with our help if you know what i mean .good luck .

I almost wish I could be a crew chief for all the aircooleds and stand back at the races to watch how they run so I can help with suspension setup,lap times etc......................but then again I also want a first place trophy and the bragging rights for a win in the Pro Sedans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....................And I think good ole Herb might take it personal if I even considered putting someone else in the driver seat(well my oldest son is 10,maybe he will take over when I lose my hand to eye coordination :D )come on march 3rd................Randy

hey randy i thought you said i could drive herbie. hahahaha no actually im quite content driving the car that i have right now. Just a little more tweeking here and there and we will be up there also. And also randy you can be my crew chief anytime you want to.

ok randy we will stay home a couple of times so.s you can have your win .let me tell you .[ive RaceD em ][built em. ]Wrecked them] [Flipped them][ Popped a few motors ].Won some Races ].[ Been mad A TIME OR Two .] Burnt my Hands [Cut Myself] .[Had a few choice Words .] [Gave lots of BLOOD ] [TOLD aFEW Other DRIVERS ]they ARE number ONE ]and HAVE Been TolD THE Same ] for what i say one word [ FUN] would i do it all again .two words[ HELL YES ]. and i injoy helping other drivers as much as for myself .it tickles me to all get out .to see someone win a race when i help them .they win i win .ive helped pOEple beat me . for what one word {FUN ] lol . oh shoot did i say {HAD my BELL rung .TO} one word FUN.

pspsssssss lets not forget that neon .watch it he.s looking .

I'm in............its been alot of years since we have raced bugs together and you know Mike, I would really like to be able to take a parade lap around the track with just the aircooleds for a great photo opportunity for everyone.........kind of the"Parade of Dinosaurs" :D ...........Randy#53

Also Mike why dont we race in reverse that way there is no (motor /gear) advantage :D

Randy ill take that pic for you guys .ive said it before you guys are going to win with numbers .now you let neon will get in the pic.s too .his car looks like a bug .and besides he.s all alone .hey will we can name you lonely boy .lone ranger .tonto or something .

Randy i have you know i can back up very well and fast ,lots of practic at that .im good .hell i could even beat you with my 700 series fed ex van .lol .ive backed that truck down dirt roads that you cant turn around on for two miles at 35 miles per hour /with out hitting so much as a tree branch .with poeple following . thats a tall tale i know but its true .lol now for going forward .well you have me beat on that one .

Archived