Texas Pro Sedans

NeilTPS

Damn all this factory bias in TPS, reminds me of the good old days in NASCAR when the fords, chevy's and dodge guys would always debate which was better... LoL LoL

From what I can tell in TPS which I dont know anything is that VW's always seem to be front runners, but maybe thats there setup, maybe its the weight breaks(if any, i dont know), or maybe its something else all together... I can tell you from the races I watched this past year... That BMW #27 was always fast, Dishman's Mustang before it exploded on the front strech was very fast but he usually drove himself out of the race by running ruff... Lalo's mustang was fast just seemed like he could never catch moore...

This said I cant say one way or another why fords didnt win, but they always looked fast... Maybe this season was just either good luck for the VW's Bad luck for the Fords, or driver error... HELL WERE ARE THE CHEVY's IN TPS????? LoL LOL LoL

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is some information that may help explain why a Ford did not win the TPS championship this season.

Only one Ford (#22) competed in all 12 TPS races. If someone sets out to win a championship, it seems reasonable that they should compete in all the events.

Of 12 TPS races held in 2006, Ford teams who raced at least once this season missed the following number of races:

01 - 11 races missed

1 - 5 races missed

2 - 4 races missed

3 - 9 races missed

5 - 11 races missed

7 - 7 races missed

11 - 10 races missed

22 - No races missed

23 - 7 races missed

29G - 7 races missed

29L - 6 races missed

66 - 5 races missed

84 - 5 races missed

In 2002, Randy Lee and his Ford Mustang participated in 100% of the races and won the TPS title with another Mustang (Leroy Farmer) close on his heels.

Nick Holt

By the way, you ford guys.  Its not Neil's fault that your pinto ain't winning.  You're supposed to be running in reverse.  They're more aerodynamic that way. :lol:

damn it that whats wrong .someone lied to me 25 years ago .maybe i should try going backwards then .oh and there was two fords in first and second saterday night and both of them were spun from behind .so you tell me .

Well oldtimer that explains everything. He was just trying to turn you around so you could go faster.

Guess it tough to actually win a championship if you dont race all or even half of the total races for the season. :P Hopefully next season there will be several Fords that will make most of the races and compete for the championship. maybe even oldtimer. :D(maybe you can even bring CRTsteve to be your pit/crew chief)

Guess it tough to actually win a championship if you dont race all or even half of the total races for the season. :P Hopefully next season there will be several Fords that will make most of the races and compete for the championship. maybe even oldtimer. :D(maybe you can even bring CRTsteve to be your pit/crew chief)

dont run for championships.maybe i can get you and crazyhourse and nick and knight blade crt and crew 21 73 teamed up for a dream team . and nick after randy won the championship that is when we the other fords that were lucky enough to get our sponsors to pick up the tab on our motor parts got hit with all thiese restrictor plates and wieght penaltys that we have had to put on our cars sence then .neil change some rules for next year .i thank him for it .we will see what that does . if we race . and on makeing only some races this year after spending 5000 dallors or so in fuel tires travel parts gas for truck pit passes and all the other things that go with travel last year .we could only make very few races this year .if we could afford to make every race and wanted to then we would run for a championship .

By the way, you ford guys.  Its not Neil's fault that your pinto ain't winning.  You're supposed to be running in reverse.  They're more aerodynamic that way. :lol:

damn it that whats wrong .someone lied to me 25 years ago .maybe i should try going backwards then .oh and there was two fords in first and second saterday night and both of them were spun from behind .so you tell me .

Well oldtimer that explains everything. He was just trying to turn you around so you could go faster.

he may need to turm himself around too that car that spun us was a bmw .shoot maybe he was on to something besides our bumper in the middle of the turn where you cant save it . we just didnt get the hent . :dang that had to be what it was .hell i just thought he was stupid and wanted to go to the back with us .how could i be so dumb . :lol:

crazy just alittle simple question thats all cuz i admire your crazy attitude some times .why are you even getting involved with this thread ..i get good laugh off of you . :P

because i'm a fan of TPS , and neil upchurch.........i don't have to have a car in that class to reply , do i ? lalo has the right to call anything about TPS unjust if he wants to because now he is an active member.

but some people repeatedly slam a series without any involvement , a person can say they're trying to aquire change if they are participating , but if they are not a participant they are only trying to cause it damage.

that last truck race was an embarassment for me and my crew , and we worked our tails off to be good for that race like we do allthe others...............and things just happen. i'm sorry i got mad (and believe me i was mad). but to slam my performance and that of my crew shows that some people are low lifes.

say what you want about my veiws or my opinions , but i'm pretty emotional about my performance on track , so it be in your best interest to leave that one alone.

but thanX for asking oltimer , youre pretty crazy yourself.

crazy just alittle simple question thats all cuz i admire your crazy attitude some times .why are you even getting involved with this thread ..i get good laugh off  of you . :P

because i'm a fan of TPS , and neil upchurch.........i don't have to have a car in that class to reply , do i ? lalo has the right to call anything about TPS unjust if he wants to because now he is an active member.

but some people repeatedly slam a series without any involvement , a person can say they're trying to aquire change if they are participating , but if they are not a participant they are only trying to cause it damage.

that last truck race was an embarassment for me and my crew , and we worked our tails off to be good for that race like we do allthe others...............and things just happen. i'm sorry i got mad (and believe me i was mad). but to slam my performance and that of my crew shows that some people are low lifes.

say what you want about my veiws or my opinions , but i'm pretty emotional about my performance on track , so it be in your best interest to leave that one alone.

but thanX for asking oltimer , youre pretty crazy yourself.

im sorry i dont know what truck number you are .nah your the crazy one im just wierd.

Dang take it to heart sorry man crap happens and I would like to run a tps race and I know I have a fast enough car to win trust me i do [edited out by Nick Holt, 11/2/06] And why travel when I have an awsome track here local to run.

And Im not scared to say anything to anyone rather it be on here or in person. You can ask anyone that knows me. ;)

i am a fan of tps also .eventhow we race with tps sometime .i just have different oppenion on some things that i feel are out of wack .i have to look out for my interest and the teams interest .thats raceing i know i make neil and some poeple mad .thats not my intention .but i speek out .maynot be worth of damn in what i say and mean a darn bit but i dont take hardly anything from this web as an insult .

Oldtimer I really have to wonder why you questioned Crazy Horses participation in this thread when you have participated in every thread from Late Models to dirt cars. TPS has alot of different fans for different reasons and apparently Crazy is one of them.

Oldtimer I really have to wonder why you questioned Crazy Horses participation in this thread when you have participated in every thread from Late Models to dirt cars.  TPS has alot of different fans for different reasons and apparently Crazy is one of them.

i too am a fan of all classes includeing rooting for you at thunder hill . see you have a fan who runs with the little cars .and sometimes you like to know .okie dokie bruce .

I hear some of the other reasons why a ford has not won a TPS championship in a while, might be because of poor morale and incentive. Alot of ford product drivers have felt cheated due to the fact that they were quickly detuned after a successful season. I personally believe, if I felt cheated I would spend alot more time spectating and brainstorming until i found suit to compete to show its worth. I am also curious to know the other stats that show why a ford has not won in previous years(attendance wise),aside from Randy Lee. I am not a basher of any sort, I am just hoping to get questions answered that alot ford drivers seem to be having. Hell if I had it my way and money I would run an Eclipse or Integra. Anyway,I enjoy yalls class alot,and would hate to see it downsize due to mixed emotions. Also, my opinions reflect my own beliefs,and were never to imply negativity ever. FRED

fred you are correct .after randys season it has been tuff . the fords were detuned and slowed down .i can see why in some reasons .but it was not only motor that got them fast .randy could drive and his dad new what they were doing lol . they were the kind of poeple who worked hard like most teams did . .and got thier stuff togetther .they set forth the standard to which we followed to get up to them . they were fast period . and alot of those other class cars cried just like they say we do .hell we were even alittle mad .at how fast they were we could not catch them too. so that year it wasnt just fords it was one ford .and all fords got detuned for it .now i have to go back and look at the rules .but sence then the vw.s have been able stroke thier motors .and they dont cary the wieght.and they run a 500 or 350 on some so thats why i said earlier this last month that there was a time for all those detuned rules .but not anymore for the most part .tps adjusted the rules for next year so we.ll see how it goes .i think he went the right course . im not and never have asked for it to be and open bring what you brung class cuz that would be in our favor just want it to be fare .and that is no different than any other class or siries.

Doesn't Robert Mayberry run a ford?

mayberry runs a monte carlo........2005 season, ken and missy jones ran a ford in the roadrunner class and wow class.......this year todd farris ran a ford in the late models.......not too many fords out there any more.........and the last dodge i remember out there was audie howell in the late models, but that was a while back......what ever happened to him........

I think the support classes at SAS are not running alot of fords due to the higher cost of parts on a ford, and also if you break something chances are with the lack of fords out there you wouldnt be able to find someone in the pits with a part you need... Plus from when I was looking for a car to make my race car out of, there was a serious lack of decent fords out there to choose from... jmo

Just some observations...

-Only Non-TPS-members seem to bash TPS. (I have not read a single problem with TPS presented on this forum. Either TPS has no problems, or its drivers have enough class to handle it in house and not on a public forum.)

-Only non-member Ford fans seem to bash TPS.

-The driver of the only Ford to show up at every race this season (and way to Go Ozzy!!)has told the haters they do not speak for all Ford drivers.

-The crew chief of a fast Pinto has told the haters to back off on numerous occasions.

-TPS drivers, fans, and officials have presented facts that their cries are empty and false. Numbers do not lie, and the stopwatch shows that the fords have been turning that fastest laps.

So, the TPS drivers are not complaining, the fans are not complaining, The tracks give bigger and bigger purses to get TPS back. So the only ones with issues are not even racing with TPS, watching TPS races, and have had every one of their arguments shot down with facts. These haters then disappear for a month or two, then they start the cycle all over again.

I am tired of this circus act. The clapping seals and the back flipping donkeys can all go home now. It was fun rebutting and defending the honor of the longest running series in Texas. I only really like going through this kind of repetition on the track (turn 1, turn 2, turn 3 turn 4, again, turn 1, turn 2, turn 3 turn 4, again, turn 1, turn 2, turn 3 turn 4, again, turn 1, turn 2, turn 3 turn 4, again) TPS has been around 31 years, and TPS was running long before most of the Nextel cup drivers were in diapers. Get a grip! Are the Fords capable of winning? Sure if they come with a complete package. The driver has to have talent (and TPS has some great Ford drivers that are full of talent,) AND their equipment has to be good, (doesn't have to be great, but it needs to be set up right,) AND they have to have luck on their side. This whole conversation could be about a runaway Honda if we had that missing ingredient. We had the car to beat on most of the nights but luck was not on our side. When it ran right, it was able to catch the leaders. But, hey that is racing, and we will just keep after it. (...and don't go coming back on this thread saying I’m a liar and that we are not keeping after it when I put the Honda up for sale in the Classifieds in a few days.) We are going a different route for '07, but regardless, we are going to keep plugging along until we do not have fun anymore. That is when we will be done... BUT TPS will still be going, and going strong, and the haters will still be unhappy for some other reason....

(the juggler drops his balls, the lights dim, the tents are lowered, and the circus of haters head out of town as the sun sets…) :blink:

RANT DONE!!! :angry:

hart you get started on you new car yet .you have been quiet .figured you have to be working on that yugo .

The air has turned crisp, the fog has rolled in. The sky has begun to cloud. Then lightening flashes across the sky. Suddenly a voice cries out: ITTTTTTTTTT"S ALIIIIIIIVVVVEEEEE!!!!!!

OK, so it isn't ready yet, but will be by March 3rd!!

Archived