Texas Pro Sedans

NeilTPS

Texas Pro Sedans Champions

The Texas Pro Sedans recently completed their 31st consecutive year of four cylinder stock car racing on ovals and road racing circuits throughout Texas, the southwest and in Mexico. Following is the TPS Champions list.

Past Pro Sedan Champions:

2006 - Donnie Moore - # 70 VW Scirocco

2005 - Sergio Hexsel - # 20 VW Rabbit

2004 - Bill LaBarge - # 27 BMW

2003 - Bill LaBarge - # 27 BMW

2002 - Randy Lee - # 30 Ford Mustang

2001 - Bucky Hutchinson - # 47 VW Scirocco

2000 - Bucky Hutchinson - # 47 VW Scirocco

1999 - Bucky Hutchinson - # 47 VW Scirocco

1998 - Bill LaBarge - # 27 Honda CRX

1997 - Bill LaBarge - # 27 Honda CRX

1996 - Bill LaBarge - # 27 Honda CRX

1995 - Bill Krueger - # 71 VW Scirocco

1994 - Bill Krueger - # 71 VW Scirocco

1993 - Mikey Cullen - # 70 VW Scirocco

1992 - Bill LaBarge - # 27 VW Scirocco

1991 - John Leonard - # 54 VW Rabbit

1990 - Donnie Moore - # 70 VW Scirocco

1989 - Joe Osborne - # 16 VW Rabbit

1988 - Ricci Ware, Jr - # 1 Datsun 510

1987 - Mike Boer - # 70 VW Sedan

1986 - Ricci Ware, Jr - # 1 Datsun 510

1985 - Bucky Hutchison - # 57 Mini Cooper

1984 - Ricci Ware, Jr - # 22 Datsun 510

1983 - Paul Jett - # 2 Chevrolet Chevette

1982 - Mike Boer - # 70 VW Sedan

1981 - Neil Upchurch - # 76 VW Sedan

1980 - Neil Upchurch - # 76 VW Sedan

Note: A Pro Sedan Championship was not

contested in 1979, 1978, 1977 and 1976.

Compiled by:

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SO WHERE IS IT THAT THE FORDS DOMINATED THE PRO SEDANS WHAT I SEE IS 16 YEARS OF VW WINS AND 1 YEAR OF FORD

now take it easy crt .one ford . i know alot of fords raced tps over 31 years .i dont know why fords only have one .thier was some very fast top ford teams back then .

hey i drive a vw sedan and plenty of the fords, actually all of the fords are faster than me. I have no idea why they cant get up to the front. To me it doesnt matter who wins vw, ford i dont care. As long as I have a series and a place to race my car I dont care who wins(hopefully me someday) and i think a lot of the tps drivers would agree with me.

As long as I have a series and a place to race my car I dont care who wins(hopefully me someday) and i think a lot of the tps drivers would agree with me.

I think a lot of the fans would too B)

By the way, when was the last time a Ford or Dodge won the track championship in any factory frame class at THR, SAS, Pan-AM, Longhorn, Big H, HMP, or BattleGround, etc.? :rolleyes:

By the way, when was the last time a Ford or Dodge won the track championship in any factory frame class at THR, SAS, Pan-AM, Longhorn, Big H, HMP, or BattleGround, etc.?

Doesn't Robert Mayberry run a ford?

I remember him winning a couple championships at SAS around 2000

1980 @ 1981 Neil Upchurch "VW" champion. Imagine that. Look the way I see there no reason Fords should be restricted and have to weight so much. 1 lbs per CC throw it out. Set a flat min weight like 2000lbs. I dont even think a ford won this year did they. And what about last year. Seems to me someone needs to do somethin and if Neil is serious about his racers then he needs to make some big changes that is unless he is just tryin to make it all foreign(spelling) racing series. I dont race TPS and probably never will but as a driver I know somethin isnt fair and im sure you will loose a few drivers next year because of it. Neil need to change somethings. <_<

1980 @ 1981 Neil Upchurch "VW" champion. Imagine that. Look the way I see there no reason Fords should be restricted and have to weight so much. 1 lbs per CC throw it out. Set a flat min weight like 2000lbs. I dont even think a ford won this year did they. And what about last year. Seems to me someone needs to do somethin and if Neil is serious about his racers then he needs to make some big changes that is unless he is just tryin to make it all foreign(spelling) racing series. I dont race TPS and probably never will but as a driver I know somethin isnt fair and im sure you will loose a few drivers next year because of it. Neil need to change somethings. <_<

he did left side wieght for our car from 54 to 55 .and no restrictor for thunder hill . for arca we have to run 40 mm restrictor at sas .only.the left side wieght helps at all tracks but the wieght of the car is my main concern id give up to two new rules for 75 pounds off the car . but atliest neil did something .tires last alittle longer .with less wieght plus our motor will last longer .for not haveing to pull that much wieght .its hard on thiese small cranks to pull and then trying to stop that much . im glad so for we have not snapped one .

crew- what were the fords running sat. at THR. was it restricted in anyway? if they were than it looked like they still had the fastest cars on the track , if they were'nt , it looked like they still had the two fastest cars on the track........? are you just out to hammer on neil (promoter of the longest touring race series in the state) upchurch?

you sound like the kinda guy that if i had a TPS i would ask neil to barr just for the pure principal of your outrageous threats in previous post.

please go find CRT and together make a pact that ya'll will boycott the series together , the series will prolly apprecciate it.

I will try and choose my words wisely in hopes that i do not offend anybody,but a major problem always seems to start toward the end of the season on any track,which is why I chose a non trackbias category. I understand the temprament that everyone must go through, but a well policed tech and track management is always on the top of my list.I know I can't do better,and I am not implying negligence on anyones behalf,but the officials that chose(or were hired) to run any track or series needs to implement SOMEHOW,a zero tolerance for hasty,dirty,cheater,negative drivers. I hardly know anybody, so I am not siding with anyone in particular,but I think if the leash was a little shorter,drivers would come around and see the light at the end of the tunnel.We need to bust the cheaters,silent the negative remarks, and suspend the dirty drivers.With all the negative remarks I've seen on this site It's no wonder theres bad blood amongst alot of drivers,not to mention lower carcounts.As far as class rules are concerned,you may as well piss in the wind.SOMEBODY will gripe no matter what! Anyway,everyone keep on trucking the same and I will be there to support no matter what.One ball,(good sport) two balls (great sport). FRED

Crazyhorse little less typing and little more adjustment on your truck so you wont spin out [edited out by Nick Holt, 11/1/06]  Im not here to boycott just put out my 2 cents. Iv seen you put your 2 cents all over this sight [edited out by Nick Holt, 11/1/06]  :o

..........and i read your big man talk every time you post."if they'd done that to me " "if i had bee there"..........season is done i've gotta plenty of time to fix the truck (and when my stuff is bad like that there is a reason). means i have plenty of time to talk BS to bullies like you.

my two cents are put in to a series i actually run , so until you actually get off you ass and run with them , don't bash it.

ps- anytime you want to give me work ethic or driving tips again, you had better feel real lucky to be sitting a hundred miles away in front of a computer , big man.

[edited out by Nick Holt, 11/2/06]

By the way, you ford guys.  Its not Neil's fault that your pinto ain't winning.  You're supposed to be running in reverse.  They're more aerodynamic that way. :lol:

damn it that whats wrong .someone lied to me 25 years ago .maybe i should try going backwards then .oh and there was two fords in first and second saterday night and both of them were spun from behind .so you tell me .

Like crazy pointed out before, at THR last Sat, the Fords seemed to be the fastest and were even leading and due to silly a** driving on some other drivers part, should have won the race. Whatever restrictions were placed upon the Fords, they still have been on the top list of the faster cars in the TPS this season. As far as the Fords not winning a race this year was/has nothing to do with there so-called restrictions. Take away some silly a** driving and some mechanical problems and the Fords should have won probably at least over half of the races.

The fastest car didnt/doesnt always win the race. :(

Archived