Sergio Hexsel wins TPS Race

doesn't he drive someone elses car..............? car owners love hearing how you might use their car as a weapon , costing them money in the long run.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Adam78

Are you saying you'd have wadded us up? [edited out by Nick Holt, 11/3/06] And before you start [edited out by Nick Holt, 11/3/06] ... you'd better take a look at the tape and see how many times you were in EVERYONES way. If we had audio you'd have heard Neil jumping your a** to get out of the way. Don't critisize someone when you too are at fault.

Sorry Ozzy, I didn't mean to offend you. I was making the point that it isn't "knock all the fords out if you can't win" or whatever crt was saying. Me and J.J. had a great battle all night, and it was fun. I was only saying if everything was how crt said, then I woulda wrecked him. But, it isn't, and I have a lot of respect for you and J.J. and everyone else. Again, sorry about that.

sergio i thought about that motor later that night .i belive you told alittle white lie lol . how much glue did you have on that motor .and yes you were in the right place at the right time for a win .the raceing gods have been in your favor this year at kyle .do you sneak out there and kiss that track at night .do you have a voodoo doll and have all the fast cars names on it with pin.s stuck in them ..well seeing we got wrecked i was real happy that you have the win over that other fwd car . and i hear that john has some broken ribs .that makes us sad to think that could have been avoilded. we dont like to see anyone hurt .jessie is sore our car is going to be ok .congratz on your win .and that is no fare getting a head start on parts so soon .. :lol::lol::lol: hope you have a great and safe off season .dont go off and hide .

hey i dont wanna see anyones car crashed or wadded up but just sitting here reading all the post it seems like first dishmans car get totaled now jesse's car gets wrecked and ive never seen where the leader gets put to the back for getting spun out the leaders of the race has his line you have to find away around him

hey i dont wanna see anyones car crashed or wadded up but just sitting here reading all the post it seems like first dishmans car get totaled now jesse's car gets wrecked and ive never seen where the leader gets put to the back for getting spun out the leaders of the race has his line you have to find away around him

Crt? Arent you the same person that wrote about getting an equalizer car for next season to take out the VW's? :P Have to say you really sound silly saying all this crap now. But, it does seem odd that you saying that a Ford car (lalo's) would have been in victory lane when as you have always stated before with all the restrictions the Ford's cant compete in TPS. ;) You also might have to remember that not only the Ford cars were wrecked during this season. If that were the case you would have to look at the #74 car and see that he was hit/wrecked twice this season by two seperate Ford's ;)

i did say that but the reason was because he lalo was leading the race and gets taken out that is really just wrong and as far as me saying lalo's would have the car to beat look at my other post you will see i said i dont beleave that a ford could win with a cast iron head . now changes was made on lalo's car , the last time we had lalo's car running up front he had to put the restrictor back on just wait till we get his new car ready

I agree that it was wrong that he got moved back due to someone's else fault and probably should have made victory lane. But i have always said all season, that there are several Ford's (including Lalo's) that are as fast or faster than the lead car and capable of winning. But i have never seen where in any of the races it was Ford's vs VW's. I haven't heard any of VW's drivers stating "Were out to get the Ford's" :P To all the drivers, it has been my car vs every car out there.

crt you obvously don't understand the purpose for the all involved rule.. Let's just suppose Jesse knew Bill was faster than him and didn't want to get passed. If he brake checked him in the corner, without the all involved rule Bill get's put to the back and Jesse get's to run up front without worry..

I don't believe Jesse brake checked anyone just like I don't believe Bill deliberately got into him. I do know that both cars are fast but on different parts of the track. Jesse has a ton of motor and Bill has a ton of corner speed.

I think the same is true for Tom and Lalo. They are both fast but in different parts of the corner.

In any situation there are two sides to the story. To Lalo (and to some observers) Tom tried to "take him out", I'm sure that to Tom it looked a lot more like Lalo came down on him to keep him from passing..

Oldtimer brought up last year in San Antonio. I can tell you Bill was some kind of hot at how Jesse kept turning down into him everytime he got up beside him and the condition of the right front strut sure seemed to support that. The fact that all the damage was to Jesse's door might lead some to believe that was true as well. In fairness to both it appears Jesse viewed it the other way around but had either one spun, both would have been sent to the back which certainly should have influenced both drivers to be very careful of any contact that did happen..

The point is the only two people who really know what happened are on the track and even then there will be a differnce of opinion as to who was "at fault". How can you honestly expect the officials to judge??

crew in sas you said jessie ran into bill that would be really dumb at those speeds anyone that does that at sas have not got any scrooples .seeing he was on the outside he would be nuts .both of those two drivers were raceing each other as clean as you can be at those speeds .weather bill won or jessie that was a good as a race that has ever happend in tps in close finishes .i was at the end of pit road and both of those drivers were going for that space and god forbid they both came out in very good shape i really thought from my not so good angle that bill may have pulled it off and i would have been happy either way cuz both were going home with a car and bill said to me rough driver . after the race .and on that restart jessie could have finished him off in turn one when bill locked the brakes down and jessie hit him .that supprised jessie that he did that .and other drivers said he was good for that then .in kyle jessie does not even use the brakes unless some one is in front of him so i know he cant break check if his foot isnt on the brake and that would be dumb also seeing he would spin . .now going back to sas that bent strut came from when they hit jessie got sideways and neither one of them let up thank god for that would have been an ugly wreck for both and jessie knew if he did he would have hit bill in a very bad angle .not good so seeing they didnt let off bill plowed into jessies left front inside bumper and that is where he bent it .the damage showed up on our car also tire rod knock out of line .so no blaime on any driver just close raceing .and we would love to race bill clean anytime .

Would like to thank my crew, and David Machen for helping us with the rear end seal that we could not find that he had, also the Dishman's for busting their butt's to get me out there, i feel we had the fastest car in practice and on timer, since we've had this new car, we've had bad luck qualifing it, in SAS we broke a distributor gear started almost last and finished 5th, at THR Spectacular the rear end seal leaked all over the right rear tire spinning us out in our qualifing lap, and during the race was running well till oil pressure dropped and lost the shifter, oh well it's part of racing, had fun all year and we'll see what happens next year.

ok now if tom thought lalo had come down on him why would he call lalo and say he was sorry now it may be hard for the officals to see but if both drivers know who was in the wrong the rule for all going to the back isnt worth anything why does it seem that everytime lalo's ford gets running up front something or someone does something to knock him back or slow him down

and yea maz i did say that just to show that having a rule of all involved isnt always the right thing cause what if there is a team car that does take the leader out just so his partner can win

if a team car takes out the leader that would be another story i suppose .now that would depend on if he is lapped or on the lead lap .

it doesnt matter remember all involved go to the back

That is correct CRT - All involved go to the Rear!! I was spun and run over last year, through no action on my own, and I was sent to the rear. Did I like it? NO! but...

1. The all involved yellow rule has been used by TPS for 31 years.

2. Drivers are reminded at each meeting the all involved yellow rule is THE RULE.

3. By participating in TPS races, drivers accept that is the rule whether they like the rule or not. It must not be too big an issue becasue the drivers are aware of this rule and keep running TPS races.

4. Have you ever heard of brake check? That technique does exist, and is really hard to determine, and having the rule helps reduce it, or atleast penalizes it.

5. Did you join TPS yet? If not, why not let the TPS members work on their own issues or in this case, non issue. It's the offseason, why don't you go play golf or something.

:blink:

It's the offseason, why don't you go play golf or something.

Does Ford make golf clubs? :P

Yeah, but no one uses them because it costs more to get the proper clubhead speed and the handling is kind of bad so you slice more. Also everytime the ford club doesn't win the tournament the the small ford equipment contingent whines about the irons, woods, or putter because it can't be the Ford Driver's fault. :P

It's the offseason, why don't you go play golf or something.

Does Ford make golf clubs? :P

Yeah, but no one uses them because it costs more to get the proper clubhead speed and the handling is kind of bad so you slice more. Also everytime the ford club doesn't win the tournament the the small ford equipment contingent whines about the irons, woods, or putter because it can't be the Ford Driver's fault. :P

your really had to think hard for that one :D . btw 49 what car are you with are you a member .or another crt type that just likes to get involved and get a laugh . randy i still have not recieved my broken herbie piece in the mail yet what seems to be the problem .also 49 maybe you need toget a ford and show us how its done.maybe just maybe i and others will learn something that we havent figured out yet . always could use the help in any secrets that we dont know aboult .when ford was fast then the fwd.s had to find some things out to make there cars faster .and they did not only under the hood .but penalties for the fords .so i think its getting even now . :D jmo

Well oldtimer,

the 49 came from a few of years ago I was building a roadrunner. Never got it finished. Got too busy doing other things. 49 was going to be the #. That was the number of the guy I used to love watch racing back in the 60's and 70's back home. As far as who I am with? I sponsor a couple of cars (very small sponsorships) 93 sportsman and 43 latemodel. I I like to think that I get along with every racer I've met. The 2 or 3 I don't care for I will keep to myself. I get along good with a lot of racers who are on opposite sides of the rivalry fence and I LOVE FORDS. I like any kind of racing that uses stock frames and believe that the greatest stock car of all time was the 1965 Galaxie and anything that Tony Stewart drives. I believe in old style modifieds, Latemodels that use a 3/4 ton front right spindle, dirt tracks of old and rubbin' not puntin. ;) I hate arguin, but I love debatin, and at the end of the day everybody needs to remember that its jus' racin.

PS: Go PACKERS

The only thing with I saw different with the all involved rule in Kyle was Lalo and Tom went to the back of the cars on the lead lap instead of the rear of the field like Jesse/Bill but I'm not sure if anyone had been lapped yet.

It caught my attention because at the last SAS race they sent #2 car to the rear of the field behind cars multiple laps down instead of moving him to rear of the cars on the same lap like Lalo/Tom. Looked in the rules could not find anything on were the cars should be positioned, rear of the field or rear of the cars on the same lap as you. Didn't make much sense to me, unless I missed something, that cars weren't positioned the same in consective races.

Oldtimer, glad the solid lifter stayed together on yalls car next year may just follow yall around with a parts bin :D . It was unfortunate on how most cars weren't able to compete till the end but maybe if we get the #20 team to slap everyone a motor together the day before the race we all could chase him to the finish line LOL. Good run Sergio.

take care

Bryce

The only thing with I saw different with the all involved rule in Kyle was Lalo and Tom went to the back of the cars on the lead lap instead of the rear of the field like Jesse/Bill but I'm not sure if anyone had been lapped yet.

It caught my attention because at the last SAS race they sent #2 car to the rear of the field behind cars multiple laps down instead of moving him to rear of the cars on the same lap like Lalo/Tom. Looked in the rules could not find anything on were the cars should be positioned, rear of the field or rear of the cars on the same lap as you. Didn't make much sense to me, unless I missed something, that cars weren't positioned the same in consective races.

Oldtimer, glad the solid lifter stayed together on yalls car next year may just follow yall around with a parts bin :D . It was unfortunate on how most cars weren't able to compete till the end but maybe if we get the #20 team to slap everyone a motor together the day before the race we all could chase him to the finish line LOL. Good run Sergio.

take care

Bryce

you bring the spare parts and we.ll bring you a spare car lol 49 thanks for your reply i was adding to mine when you put yours out so you answered it .and you maynot like some of thiese guys on here by thier post but i assure you .if you met them you.d like them in person .they just have thier own way of saying whatever it is they want .i dont like some of the stuff on here aboult fords from some drivers .and they probably dont like what i say aboult their cars either .but i like them all .hell i even like neil and nick and that crazy hourse . and they maynot like me but thats life i suppose and others as well . bryce i just may have to send my motor to randy and car to sergio to have it set up .

Jack, I noticed that too but if I recall Neil had just invoked the 10% rule so Lalo and Tom went to the end of the lead lap cars. Bill and Jesse got together early so they went to the back of the field. I sure would have liked a "lucky dog" on that deal as Lloyd had just got passed on the previous lap so if Bill and Jesse had got into it half a lap earlier we might have stayed on the lead lap. With a "lucky dog" Lloyd would have been the first car one lap down..

What happened to Bryce's Pinto??

Bryce: Since Jack has renewed his TPS membership for 2007, I will explain the difference of those cars penalized to the rear and at what point of the race they were re-aligned on October 28th at THR. Had you taken your radio to the grandstand, you would have heard all the following dialogue from TPS Race Control to all TPS drivers.

In the situation between #7 and #27, they were involved in turn one/two contact which resulted in a yellow during the mid point of the 31 lap race. They were correctly deployed to the rear of the field in their running order.

In #2's contact situation with #27 at San Antonio Speedway, #2 was involved in a yellow during mid-race and well before the "5 laps remaining rule" was in effect. #2 was correctly deployed to the rear of the field in that instance as were #7 and #27 three weeks later.

In the yellow situation between #29 and #15, they were involved in turn one/two contact during race lap 26. All drivers still on track were notified by TPS race control radio that the race was being shortened to 28 laps and that the "5 laps remaining rule" was in effect. Therefore #29 and #15 were correctly advised to align behind all other lead lap cars, which in this instance placed them at mid-grid. #29 elected to quit the race and went to the pits and didn't re-start. Had #29 elected to return to the track before green was displayed, #29 would have started behind #15 because he pitted.

The "5 laps remaining rule" (formerly known as the 10% rule) is seldom used in TPS Feature races because the circumstance seldom occurs. When it does, TPS has consistently aligned the field as described above.

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

Archived