CC Speedway in 2007

ratdaddy

I am excited and happy to announce that Dan Monroe and his wife Candy will be joining CC Speedway. As most of you know Dan has been around racing all his life and has a lust for racing here in South Texas. Dan was a very important part of CC Speedways car counts and fan base and will be dedicated to help get CC Speedway back to what it was prior to 2004/2005. Candy will be taking care of the concessions and payouts and office work.

We are having a Freddy Fender Benefit Car show this weekend at CC Speedway to raise money to help Freddy's family. The car show will be Saturday & Sunday 10am to 7pm General admission is only $5.00 or if you want to show your car it cost $40.00 entry the day of the show. There will be lots of cars and motorcycles. For more information go to www.ccspeedway.biz

After the car show we will be announcing the date for a drivers meeting and will be working on the 2007 schedule.

Thank you all and may God Bless you!!

Nice to hear something is going to happen in 2007.

In SA this weekend, I had several drivers ask me about the track. One of the biggest questions was regarding an end of year race next year. Several drivers from out of town like to run CC, and some even said it was their favorite track to run.

So, Dan and Donnie, if it will be possible to run an end of year race next year, I would suggest to get it out early next year so that these guys can make plans. They are looking forward to coming down to race!

In SA this weekend, I had several drivers ask me about the track. One of the biggest questions was regarding an end of year race next year. Several drivers from out of town like to run CC, and some even said it was their favorite track to run.

So, Dan and Donnie, if it will be possible to run an end of year race next year, I would suggest to get it out early next year so that these guys can make plans. They are looking forward to coming down to race!

yep 34 there are alot of drivers wanting to run at cc .it would be nice to get then involved with other tracks and get some rules in line with each other .cant hurt .

I think the end of the year big race should be a grand opening event at the beginning of next year a couple of weeks before the regular season begins.This shows everyone CC means business and fortunately the weather usually is good enough for an early race.The sooner its announced,the better.That way nobody can use the excuse of not having enough time to get ready.And it does not interfere with any points battles. JMO.

Amen!

Absolutely

Yes I agree that a big "Grand Opening" type of race would be great for C.C. Speedway.But what I would like to see is a 75 lap or so big money to win race for STREET style cars.This class is usually the best class in Kyle,San Antonio and Corpus week end and week out in terms of car count and quality of racing.Forget USRA and use that purse money to reward this class with say a 3 or 4000 to win event.Do the same for the pure/hobbie stock class.It should be a win/win for the fans(with a pretty much guarenteed high car count) and the track (where the purse money would be justified by having more than 10 cars show).Staging USRA lately only guarantees you a 10-15 car/truck/modifield field.Doing a big purse event for these two classes would be a long overdue reward for these guys.Also include the thunder / minis as a support event.

Since CC Speedway is going to race Super Street,Bomer and Texas Thunder,I think those should be the races for the grand opening.Show some flexability in rules to fit the cars from the other tracks.Maybe a Legacy and/or dwarf race too.50 laps with time trials to qualify or heat races to qualify.It needs to be announced early and EVERYONE need to support this race.If tracks have big events and only a few show up the track gets discouraged.On the same note,everyone needs to support the Stock Car Championships at STS on the 11th.This is a nite for fender cars only.No mods or limiteds,so the Stock cars are the show.Supporting the different tracks big shows helps everybody.This show was held at CC Speedway the last 2 years but on dirt this year.It really doesnt matter,dirt or asphalt,go fast and turn left.We stock cars dont need to give all the big races to the open wheel guys do we? Mader,turn right to go left on dirt :D Turn left and get on the gas early to go fast on pavement :lol:

Archived