RE: 2007 SAS SCHEDULE

MARFAC

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are running the ASA latemodels indoors in grand rapids michigan found this story on speed 51:

The ASA Late Model Series Presented by GM Performance Parts will embark on yet another history making event to officially close out a very successful 2006 season. With the first ever indoors sanctioned event in the ASALMS soon to be five year history!

The massive 162,000 square foot DeVos (MI) Place in Grand Rapids, Michigan is the site for the first ever ASALMS sanctioned indoors events; the Mason-Dixon/Dixieland Challenge II on Saturday and Sunday December 16-17, 2006.

The DeVos Place will feature a true indoor 1/4 mile concrete oval inside the massive downtown Grand Rapids building. The ASALMS will join in on the festivities on Saturday and Sunday December 16-17, 2006 with two complete shows highlighted by a 50-lap Feature each night!

Also on hand during the big three day show inside the massive 162,000 Square Foot Exhibit Hall inside the

DeVos Place will be Outlaw Bodied Pavement Super Late Models as well as the UMP Dirt Super Late Models, Open Wheeled UMP Dirt Modifieds, and Sportsmen, who will all take part in this history of this event

No lates, No sanction, all in about 3 years? Where have I seen this before? The track will be for sale soon. :D

The local latemodels aren't going anywhere that I know of, and as for the sanction I think that kept alot of would be racers from comming to SAS especialy the younger ones that couldnt race here becuase of the sanction... The USRA super lates are only ones in limbo with wether they will be around or not and thats a whole nother story there.....

Archived