Road Runner to Charger?

kelyd13

This post is my own personal poll I would like to start and has nothing to do with SAS so please don't start any rumors with it, it's all in fun.

Since the start of the Road Runner class at SAS I have always disliked the name given. I especially dislike it now since these cars have become much faster in the last few years and they also look tougher. What is your thought to a name change if the track was to ever consider it and what would you want it changed to?

I say "CHARGERS" would be a good fit.

it used to be

thunders

chargers

sportsman

late models

the sportsman then became street stocks and then they did away with the class when the rules got out of hand and they were basically a late model without coilovers.........then the chargers became sportsman and the thunders became roadrunners and they did away with the thunder class........

the way thunderhill has it is good, it makes sense

pure stock instead of grand stock since there is nothing to do with a grand with these cars anyway, but they are purely stock no modidfications.

hobby stock instead of roadrunner unless you can get time warner to sponsor the class like they had talked about at one time, since this class is more of a hobby, even though a lot of folks spend a lot of money on this class

sportsman should be called the camaro stock class........most of the cars in the class are camaros, so why not call them the camaros and a few metrics thrown in.......hahaha

the late models are fine as is........even though the cars in the late models have the same bodies as the cars you drive on the street as far as models go, so they would be the actual street stocks, but they arent stock so they cant be the street stocks.........

anyway, who cares what the classes are called as long as they have decent counts and good clean racing...........jmo

the sportsman then became street stocks and then they did away with the class when the rules got out of hand and they were basically a late model without coilovers.........then the chargers became sportsman and the thunders became roadrunners and they did away with the thunder class........

Indeed .... if you stand back and take a good look at it, rules changes over the course of time causes classes to go away and eventually they'll come back around full circle. Which makes ya wonder, why change them at all to begin with? :ph34r:

LOL anyhow, Thunders, Chargers, Super Stocks & Late Models

Pretty close, Lonesome Ford, and I also agree that Hobby is a bad name. Super Street Stocks is too cumbersome. I like the Grand Stock name, even if you can't acually find one anybody's spent less than a grand to get on the track: it does define the intent of the class. I agree with Mary Ann that Street Stock is also a bad name, particularly for what should be the highest class that ISN'T a purpose-built, tube-frame race car.

In other words, a car that used to be stock. So, Super Stock defines that class.

In order, then, Grand Stock, Street Stock, Super Stock and Late Model, though there are so dang many definitions of Late Model you can't tell the players without a scorecard.

Some of these choices are made with ease of promotion in mind; that is, how hard is it going to be to explain to a new (or potential) fan what the differences are?

My Street Stock is every bit the race car (probably more) that my Super Stock was in 95- 96 (Longhorn Speedway). When I meet people and tell them what class I race I pretty much have to explain that my Street Stock is far from STOCK...... :P Pure Stock, Street Stock, Super Stock & Late Models

When I meet people and tell them what class I race I pretty much have to explain that my Street Stock is far from STOCK......

i feel your pain.

it does when your trying to explain the difference between our stock,super stock and top stock class to a total newbie.They somehow grasp the word outlaw and understand it's something totally different from the other stock classes.

Archived