Stock Car Racing Magazine

Guest Justaracefan

you have a very good point about helping all texas drivers out. the out of state drivers don't think texans can drive. we go through this in imca racing. its the same on tv, you have a texas driver running against the other states they say nothing about the texas driver, its bull! :angry: bandit i hope you can get things straight with casey, because yalls family have been very close through the years and yall make better friends than enimy's. bandit i hope the best for you in your racing and all other texas drivers that have the talent to really go somewere. good luck to all!! :D

KENNY STONE 5K

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:angry: FIRST OFF, I want to know how and why this topic has turned into a dogging fest on Casey Smith!?!? This topic started out about ALL rising racers and not even saying ANYTHING about they were better!!!! AND Money doesn't always matter.....But Sponsors DO!!!! As for KENNY, I feel that YOU were the one that started all the bashing!!! Nobody said ANYTHING bad about anyone until YOU said Bandit bashed Casey!!!! Everyone is bashing him now because of your additude towards them and emphisizing that he was better than them. Which made them upset!!!

I feel that their is MUCH MUCH talent in Texas and Casey is one name among many. I feel that one reason Casey has stuck out is the drive he has had to do so. Many others have had the same opportunity right under their nose just didn't reach out for it. I would very much appreciate it if everyone would stop dogging EVERYONE ELSE and support eachother. And dont think I mean be friends or agree all of the time but you know all; of yall have i deas and opinions but i feel yall are acting like kindergardeners and i am younger than all of yall and i feel like the teacher saying " If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all~!!!!!!"

Thanks for you time~

A Race Fan <_<

Bumble_Bee_Racer,

As I have pointed out several times, our members have opinions and we encourage people to post their opinions here. That's what this forum is all about. It's a place where we can discuss Texas racing in a comfortable environment. We do enforce the forum rules to keep bashing to a minimum and to keep the tone of the site polite and civil. You may notice that occasionally I edit members' post to that end.

Several of the posts in this thread have correctly pointed out that Casey Smith is a good driver and a nice guy. Just because one person decided to claim that Mr. Smith is better than the rest of the Texas drivers, does not mean that Mr. Smith believes that to be true. In fact, I would be very surprised if he did! However, as you have pointed out, that claim has caused some backlash both here and in the chat room.

P.S. Do you really race bumble bees? LOL

Nick Holt

Nick

I understand that everyone is entiltled to their opinions but i feel that some people havent realized that Casey isnt the one saying these things..... and that he isnt the person to say he's better than another. But yet they see what they want to and i cant do anything to help that but to express how i feel! Thanks for the info it helped..

P.S. Actually i do race bees you didnt know that could be done???? j/k lol :D

Thanx again :)

You can bet that when Casey is racing ASA or any other series outside of Texas I pull for him, because I know the better he runs the better Texas racers look. Same goes for Bubba N.. Casey and I have been friends for a long time. I hope Kenny has not gone and caused a problem between us that I don't know about, saying I said this or that on TSZ. There is nothing worse than second hand info.

Bandit

Hey I am right there with you on that!!!! Casey is a good friend of mine too. Dont let that get to you. Casey has been around racing long enough to know not to just listen to what's going around but to find out the facts first by himself. And as a friend he should know people get hot sometimes and blow up once and a while, because NOBODY is perfect.

Sorry I don't get to log on very often so there have been many posts since mine.

Kenny, first of all, I meant my other right, but that wasn't the point. The point was (and you have to read between the lines) TAMS is a series comprised of local racers. They don't pay enough purse to attract big names. If you watch, you'll see about 8 - 10 drivers that run really fast week after week, then there's a dozen other drivers that either just like to race whether their fast or not plus the rules are written so dirt modifieds can participate. When drivers don't use common sense they can tear up a lot of cars which costs money that most of us don't have.

Our driver is young too, also has aspirations of higher classes, but if our car gets torn up we just have to park it until we get the money to fix it. Here's the point in plain english; I don't care how hot a talent someone is, they don't need to tear up other competitors trying to prove it. That was the point of my example:

1. It was only lap 13

2. Casey is not in the points chase

3. Chris is

That's where the common sense and class comes in. Why not show a little restraint like Lawrence and analyze the whole picture (it's called maturity).

Hey guys how about we just drop the whole thing about whos twice as better than who. We know Kenny made a mistake by saying what he did. We all know Casey would not say that. We know everyone is a good as he believes he or she is. He believes he is the best then he will be the best he can with what they have or can afford. But all we're doing here is starting fueds and giving someone a bad name for something he didnt say. So I think the best thing to do is end all the b.s. on this thread. Yeah Casey missed a shift but that could have been anyone that happened to. An then they would have caused the mess. The deal between Casey and Swenson as said many times before the only two people who know what really happened are the ones driving the cars. An you all should be thankful that the 2 drivers are fine and doin good, from the pictures I saw it could have been a lot worse. So I just we all be adults about it and drop the whole thing and go on with our racing or whatever it is you do.

Josh Freeman

Crew Chief ARTs #42

Archived