Stock Car Racing Magazine

Guest Justaracefan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fishracer you are dead on with your comments on the other page.

First off lets talk about TSRS at SAS don't know what happened to casey at the start but you are racing at the fastest track that y'all race at, CRAP HAPPENS if the TSRS fans and racers think about it,at the last 3 TSRS races you have had a crash on the start and in Houston it was 3 restarts if i remember right so who are you going to point fingers at there, the other thing it's just about the same people that are always involved and these are all good racers it's JUST RACING. The best thing for racers in Texas are racers getting noticed out side of this state its good for all of us, so be it if you know you can out run the guy, be glad that somebody that you know is getting a break as the old saying goes there's know bad publicty

from what i understood casey missed a shift during the start of the race causing everyone to backup and leaving nobody with room to go. Twice the talent seemed like a little bit of a strech, at least from my perspective last night.

No he didnt tear it up he did come off later for something and dint finish the race I never walked over and saw what it was but he did manage to total a Modified and tear alot of TSRS cars up. That wreck in the modifieds between him and Swenson also managed to collect my dad.

I was spotting for my dad in turn 1 and 2 but I hear that Casey and Swenson got together(mixed stories Casey says that Swenson turned down on him and Im sure fi you ask Swenson he would say Caset turned up on him) but either way they got together and Rusty couldnt get on the radio fast enough to my dad and he clipped Swensons front bumper and it sling shotted him into the wall. But as far as me seein it all no I was at the totaly oppisite side of the track.

from what i noticed it looked like casey got into him, and that was the consenus i got from most of the other people, but alot of these other people had already lost their cars in the TSRS race to due to Casey so their vision could've have been a little bit skewed.

I wasnt there, but i can tell you this and thats Swenson has raced me numerous times and has always been respectful enough to give me and others plenty of room. Considering the fact that he totalled a car there at the last race I find it hard to believe that he would get into someone and cause a wreck.

I sure hated to see two cars get used up by a hired gun. Something in the motor went bad in Bobby Joe's car and just one of those racin deals in the mods. Then a missed shift tore up at least five cars. With all of that talent of the rising star, it sure was a dark and not so shining night at the races. I'm sure there is a positive in there somewhere and a good PR guy will find it and exploit it.

PR people are good about that, especially considering the fact that it seems like whenever I go to the races Casey Smith is there and announced to the crowd like he is some local racing legend around here.

There's a lot of 18 year olds out there with average or better tallent. The unfortunate thing is they don't have the maturity to go along with it. All this talk about Casey and yet he wadded up 2 cars and let the Hard Charger award from CC Speedway go to his head at the SAS TAMS race. He was bumping Swenson all the way down the back stretch, went into turn 3 high and hot, got into Swenson's right rear and spun him backward into the wall AND IT WAS ONLY LAP 13.

Every race Wayne cautions drivers to not try to win it on the 1st lap and drive with some common sense. The more experienced drivers know what that means. Let me give you the contrast from that same SAS TAMS race. #77 (Jason R) was running behind #87 (Lawrence M) and tried several times to get around Lawrence. Lawrence knew he was slower and was holding up Jason. Probably no one saw it, but Lawrence moved up slightly in turn 3 & 4 and motioned Jason to pass. Jason went on to finish 2nd and Lawrence finished a very respectable 4th. That's maturity and class. There was no bumping, banging, or rubbing. Both drivers got nice finishes and cars in 1 piece. Now look at the finish position for Casey--and oh by the way, go look at the #31 car.

Jerry schild is the TAMS points leader and its not because he is the fastest or because he has won the most races, it's because he has consistently finished in the top 10.

So send out all the press releases you want on your hot shot 18 year olds, but don't claim they are twice as good as the local drivers unless they have the record----and the common sense and maturity to back it up.

By the way, Chris has one hell of a headache, but at least he knows where he is now!

hray, i don't know who you are but, casey got under swenson 4-5 times and chris kept crowding him down every time!! when the wreck happened casey's rt. front was on chris's left rear and they got together. so if anyone is to blame where was swenson's spotter???? all these people on here are probably upper in age and don't like younger kids beating the older guys. i know how casey and every other younger kids feel. all we are going to do on here is go back and forth. i just glad both drivers are fine!!!! hope you get well chris. we will get our car fixt and casey will be back in it! [comment edited out by Nick Holt, 8/18/03]

thanks, KENNY STONE 5K

Too bad the administrator on the site is a "young kid". I think with all the talk you were doing you got back exactly what you dished out. I think you put Casey in a bad situation. He's not the one doing the trash talking. You are.

Okay guys, hold on a minute. I was at the race track, and I saw what happened and I am sure there could be as many different sides to the story as people in the stands. Mr. Buxton, however, I guess you only are going by what was told to you since YOU WERE NOT THERE. Yes, there are many great drivers in Texas and from Texas, and obviously, there are as many or more ATTITUDES and EGOS as well. My only request to everyone is to look at a mirror before you start throwing stones at someone else. <_<

Christy Ganem

Mitchellracer

Christy your right I wasn't there,but I am stating a fact.I've been racing with alot of these drivers for quite some time and have talked to several that were there they all

say the same thing.Casey is a great kid and will go far he has the funds to do so and

I wish him well,for every Earnhart that makes it there are many that never get the chance to prove themselves.The post I made earlier was based on what I was told and

from previous races I have seen.

Casey is a great talent and it will only help the racing in Texas if he does well at the next level,but he is not and does not have TWICE THE TALENT which is what I was relating to.

I'm just glad to hear noboy was seriously injured,just a buch of cars that have to be rebuilt

Charles Buxton 77

As a friend of Casey's, I think we all need to remeber that it is other people doing the talking for him. His PR guy and so called friends are making so much noise that I don't see haow he can drive with all the pressure when he gets to the track. Expectations are to high! Kenny Stone, I don't ever remeber bashing Casey on here. I sparred with TQ a little, but in a posative manner. Why don't you think about helping Casey by not bragging constantly and running people down who you think are bad mouthing Casey. By the way, I did not read this post till after sat. otherwise Kenny I would gladly fullfilled your offer.

Bandit-

Good points. I think some folks have the idea that Casey or his PR people have been posting all this about "twice the talent" and so on, but that isn't the case. I'm not working for Casey, as I've pointed out, but you and I both know Casey isn't going to say he has twice the talent of any other driver. Neither would you, even if you believed in your heart of hearts that you were that good.

I sometimes get the idea that drivers in Texas think the way to build themselves up is to pull other drivers down. They don't want to go faster, they want the faster guys to go away. Regardless of what happened on Saturday (and I wasn't there, either), both Casey and Bubba Naumann have proved they can run with and beat top drivers from outside Texas, and we don't have many who have done that.

Yeah, Casey's only won one ROMCO race, and I don't think Bubba has ever won one, either. But neither of them runs ROMCO very much, and they each have their own reasons.

For that matter, C. T. Hellmund doesn't run ROMCO, and we both know he IS one of the best. (One win and four top fives in half a dozen Winston West events on tracks ranging from Laguna Seca to Phoenix to the Bullring at Las Vegas, pretty versatile and strong record. Yes, I do work for C. T. off and on.)

Some people HAVE made the point on this forum that when Texas drivers make it outside of Texas, it helps ALL Texas drivers get farther. Let's try to remember that, and pull for Casey and Bandit and C. T. and Bubba and Brandon Bendele and all the rest.

Archived