Stock Car Racing Magazine

Guest Justaracefan

Guest Justaracefan

I had lunch at the Tavern in Austin, Texas today and the two guys I happened to be sitting next to were looking at the new Stock Car Racing magazine, they were talking about the article in the magazine about "young rising stars" on their way to NASCAR listing Casey Smith. One of the guys just happened to be Casey's uncle. I told him I was a huge Casey Smith fan and had watched him since Legends; after we talked a while he told me that Casey's parents are working on finalizing a deal for Casey to run three Busch races next year, as well as ASA. It seems more and more drivers from Texas are moving up the ranks, putting our State on the motorsport map!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While it's nice to see the DRIVERS step up for Texas racing...wouldn't it be great if we could avoid stories like Longhorn Speedway and Texas TracGroup, and see some mid-level/Triple-A racing here in the state, too..

No offense against any of the parties, however, we have a lot of people in this area that are very talented. The only reason that they have not advanced past the level that they are now is because of funding. Just because someone runs a busch race or not does not mean that they are talented. They are just fortunate enough to have the funding available to run the series. One of the people that probably could easily run a busch series race would be that of Eddie Wallace. All that I am saying is that just because the series is Busch or Nascar for that matter doesnt make someone a better driver that those that run a touring series.

These days its all about opportunitys. Either used, wasted or misused. Its who you know and how much you apply yourself once you get that opportunity and the people you align yourself with. There has been a lot of great talent that have aligned themselves with the wrong group and then and forever have been labeled not talent. And then there are the ones with mediocre talent and great opportunitys and people think they are great drivers, its all in the perception. Just like when people go to the ROMCO races and see all the haulers. and they think wow these guys all must be good look at their equipment. Talent goes farther than just driving.

bandit, why in the hell would you want to bash someone that has helped you out so much? lets get for real here. casey has twice the talent as any racer in this area. he is a great driver and more than anything a great person. he don't talk down about other driver on here. he doesn't walk around the pits with that i'm better than you attitude like most drivers. casey will take time to talk to anyone out there (not just his friends)! i don't know what casey has done to you to get all this bashing your giving him, but it sounds like to me you wish you were in his shoes. hey don't hate the player, hate the game!!!! :D

KENNY STONE 5K

kenny

who is bashing who when you say casey has twice as much talent as any driver here. casey is a great driver but he has only won one romco race. not saying that is bad but he raced as many races as everybody else that season and bandit has won the last three romco races at thr. dont be mad if casey was as good as every body else you will never know if he was twice as good as any body else because everybodies cars are diffrent.

its not just this post its others. i don't blame casey for not running romco anymore, all it is is a crash fest. go run with the real talent (asa). if anyone wants to discuss this with me i will be in san antonio this sat.. casey will be driving my modified. any questions i will be at the 31 pit!! :D

lets don't be scared and hide behind all these screen names!!! :o:D

KENNY STONE 5K

Kenny,

I must be blind but I don't see where you are talking about. Here at TSZ we don't allow this kind of BS. It goes for everyone and you are included. It seems as if you are the one doing the bashing. If you have any questions PM me or Nick.

Jason

i would not say casey has twices as much talent in fact there r better

drivers i am not saying he is not a good shoe he is good

i dont see anybody hideing behind there sreen name untill u started posting there was nothing wrong

not every body has the $$$ to run asa there r drivers that can and would do good in asa or any latemodel series

jr meredith

I dont want anybody to take this as a bash, but if you are twice as good as the rest of the competition, shouldn't you have twice the wins? Where's the ASA wins and top fives at? We'll see how it goes tonight in the mods and tsrs races. He should be able to win them both if he has twice the talent, with twice the talent just run the tsrs car in romco and you should be able to win. He had Freddy Fryar in his pits at SAS last year and nothing changed. Caseys a decent driver and seems like a good person, but he's no better than the rest of the romco guys. And if you think romco is a crash fest then go elsewhere to watch racing, we dont need that attitude here.

So much for twice the talent taking 1/3 of the field out in TSRS,

then running over someone in TAMS.

I'm sure his PR person can make it sound good though.

And I'm not hiding behind a screen name I'll also be at

RPM Indoor Raceway this evening

Charles Buxton 77 TSRS LM

Archived