Crash-A-Rama was GREAT!

debwill

Here's just a quick recap of last night's Crash-A-Rama at San Antonio Speedway:

We were trying hard to finish the show before the storm hit. We thought we had enough time to finish everything - tried to hurry up the show - but the storm came in quickly and strong. We were able to get everything done except the Beer Push Contest. Terry even did his stunt jump in the middle of the thunderstorm! I don't think Marc was able to get a picture, but I'll try to put up a "post-stunt" picture soon - gotta head back to the track to get the picture before we tear it down.

We had 24 entries in the Demo Derby . . . awesome! And Mark Chrudimsky really hung tough with Terry Dickerson in the bus race - put on quite a show for the fans. And the chain race and boat/trailer race were also quite entertaining. The fans were on their feet most of the evening.

A couple of the monster trucks have some injuries that need to be fixed. The drivers said they have seen these types of shows all over the country, and they were quick to say that it was the best one they had ever seen.

As people were leaving, they were excited about show and it seemed like everyone told me that had a great time and loved the show.

When I left - somewhere around midnight - all of the cars were gone. I know our wrecker guys were busy. Unfortunately, there was lots of "muddin" also going on in the parking lot, and it's pretty torn up.

Here's a picture of the grandstands - I'll try to post more pictures on this thread throughout the day.

post-24-1159117325_thumb.jpg

Looks like a great crowd in the stands. Sure glad to see that Deb, Terry and all at SAS.

Now, keep 'um coming back! :)

the special events that are different like last night .poeple exspect to pay more .so they save .its the regular sat night s that need help .had to work would have loved to come up from cc to see all that crazy stuff .glad to see it worked out .i bet that rain comeing had yahs. hart beats way out of wack ...did yah have any of your classes raceing at all .if not might have been a good ideal .so everone could see what it is like .

Deb and all of the SAS folks - GREAT SHOW!!!

... Terry - Incase you didn't know it, "You're Crazy!!!" LOL

Of course that's the kettle calling the pot black---We were still standing in the stands and getting drenched waiting for you to complete the show!! It looks like you got a little slideways off "4" which caused you to hit the ramp a little slower. We were all holding our breath until you got out!!

We got there a little early, got great seats, and saw a great show. We brought some friends to watch that had not been to SAS before, but that's just because they are fairly new to town...LOL. In fact, one of our guests came all the way from Southern California just to see the show!!! OK, really he came to see his relatives (our friends who just moved here,) but really he had fun at the track, too.

So Terry, you like to do all these crazy stunts? Jumping cars and landing in a burning motor home, school bus races (and by the way, we liked the wave out the door as the bus is driving itself down the front straight!! Looks like you have done it all. But I have a challenge for you - - - At OktoberFast, why not race with the touring series that consistently brings you the most cars?? Get a TPS car, and come race with us!! Now that would be a stunt that would be inline with your past stunts, and would reward the series that brings you cars time and time again!!! (Not to say we do not appreciate the first place purse, because we do, but having you race with us would be the icing on the cake!!)

I am just curious if there is still people stuck in the mud?? LoL LOL LoL

If it wasnt for my parents being parked beside me in their 4wd truck I would not of gotten out of the parking lot... LoL

Oh yea that 2 foot deep mud/water hole I stepped in on the way to my car was nice for my nike's.. :( Watching my wife and mom fall in the mud was priceless though and worth it... LoL LoL

I know I am so cruel....

How many people want to chip in to help them gravel the whole parking lot?????

I will chip in 10$

So Terry, you like to do all these crazy stunts? Jumping cars and landing in a burning motor home, school bus races (and by the way, we liked the wave out the door as the bus is driving itself down the front straight!! Looks like you have done it all. But I have a challenge for you - - - At OktoberFast, why not race with the touring series that consistently brings you the most cars?? Get a TPS car, and come race with us!! Now that would be a stunt that would be inline with your past stunts, and would reward the series that brings you cars time and time again!!! (Not to say we do not appreciate the first place purse, because we do, but having you race with us would be the icing on the cake!!)

So has anyone talked to Terry?? Is he up to the challenge of racing w/TPS @ OktoberFast???

;)

Archived