In the News

Budman

he dropped one yesterday to...........nasa says nither one of the bolts should be of great concern , huh? they're holding together a three billion dollar space center.

Yeah,

And the part their working on weighs 17 1/2 tons. That's what it says. :blink:

I guess my comment here is not really about astronauts, the space station and all that. It's about how the news media has us trained to believe everything they say without us thinking about it. That's very dangerous. I've been seeing and hearing this story all day on TV and the Net. Not until just a few minutes ago did I think about exactly what they had been saying all day.

here is something for you about the media buddy............i was awstruck when i heard it.

news lady on cnbc 3 weeks ago talking about a plane that caught fire in the landing gear on the runway of a miami airport..

"we are not sure if the plane was departing from miami or landing (short pause) yes i am confirming that miami was its destination because the fire start in the 'landing gear'.

every time i work on something i end up with those extra bolts and the stuff always runs fine.dont laugh cause i know you do it too. always engineer your stuff so that it will still work with half the fasteners missing. it's not rocket science...................

my step dad use to always ask me why i thought a fiberglass fender needed 35 rivets to hold it in place , i never knew i was thinking like a nasa engineer?

reb- it's true , iwish i could make up half of the shhhhhtufff that i hear and see.

Hey does this mean the Space station is like everything else when it gets worked on and you have a few small parts left over and don't know where they go???? LoL

No kidding about packing up some spares, I would hate to see the bill if they have to take some more bolts up becuase they dropped too many....

Special Space Ratchet= $2.4 Million

Astronaut suit so he can turn the ratchet= $6.5 Million

Cost to take more bolts up since he lost too many= Priceless (too damn large to thing about)

Archived