TSRS

TexasTornado

was that the first time the guy in the [edited out by Nick Holt, 9/4/06] tsrs car has ever raced. he [edited out by Nick Holt, 9/4/06] repeatedly spun out by himself. one time he passed the wreck, and decided just to loop it out of no where. after three times of spinnin by yourself, i think they shouldve black flagged the guy. but they let him stay out [edited out by Nick Holt, 9/4/06]

It's easy for those of us who are watching from outside the track to critisize. But just like anything else in life, things look very different from inside a race car. But if you have a problem with a driver, please take it up with him/her instead of bashing them in our forum sections.

I am going to leave part of your post up, however, because it does raise an important question about when the race director should black flag someone who is having trouble keeping the car under control.

Nick Holt

not meant as a bash............BUT was a drug test done on the [edited out by Nick Holt, 9/4/06] that almost killed jack and popped a stalled car on the front straight under yellow?

i'm sorry nick , i had to mention it. that was just goofy , along with other stuff he had done leading up to that through out the race................if there is a good excuse for it i' d like to hear it..............

again not meant as a bash , just still kind of in ah over it.........bless his heart.

I know that several racing organizations have a rule that if you cause two yellows, you're black flagged from the event.

I'm not sure what rule TSRS uses, but I did notice black flags for at least two cars last Saturday after a few spins.

Nick Holt

was that the first time the guy in the [edited out by Nick Holt, 9/4/06] tsrs car has ever raced. he [edited out by Nick Holt, 9/4/06] repeatedly spun out by himself. one time he passed the wreck, and decided just to loop it out of no where. after three times of spinnin by yourself, i think they shouldve black flagged the guy. but they let him stay out [edited out by Nick Holt, 9/4/06]

I got black flagged for 3 spins.... 2 spins from avoiding that car. Had me in the infield on the front straight and the 49 was at the wall and neither one of us could get around him, the car was way out of control. Then parks it in 3 and 4.... The only good thing from that night is nobody got hurt.

This is what I found on the MAN Racing site as the rule...

Any car that causes three (3) Yellow/Red Flags to be displayed in a race will be black flagged (including solos) and will no longer be scored.

Thank God that Jack, Adam, or anyone else was hurt during that ordeal. Shame for Adam, he was having a good clean run.

I believe the car in Question was [edited out by Nick Holt, 9/3/-06]

A driver that clueless should be pulled off the

track.Of course most of the drivers in TSRS

drove with 1/2 their brain tied behind there

back Sat. night.Total lack of respect by alot

of drivers.I was setting in the crowd after our

race and you should have heard the way the

fans were talking.

Any racing series can have a night like TSRS had last Saturday at THR. I bet Mary Ann will be making some interesting phone calls this week, though...

Which really brings up a subject that is rarely discussed - namely:

What standards should a racing organization use in determining when to black flag someone off the track? I have my thoughts and I'm pretty sure you have yours. Let's talk about it.

Nick

Nick I knew you where going to edit,but I posted

what was true.As far as talking about it I don't

have the deep pockets it takes for anyone to listen.

My wife won't even listen.

Just joking sweet heart.

All I did was remove the car number, Charles.

I left the thread up because it does bring up a serious issue as I mentioned above. But bashing a particular driver is not permitted on TXSZ.

Nick

I was pretty tired after running 50 laps with the street stocks and then working turn 4 during the TSRS race. I don't have a clue what happened. I kept looking up for a full moon. I do know that I nor any of the other TSRS officials were behind the wheel of those cars. Charles I'm not sure how to take your comment about the last 2 years. I have been at all the races and most have been very good. Have you been at all the races ? I've seen nights like this happen to all the series like Nick said. Thankfully this is a rare occurance and I am sure steps will be taken to prevent this from happening again.

I have always taken pride in the way I treat everyone

on and off the track.Guess my way of thinking is going

going gone.Alot of the drivers out there should be thankful that they have the opportunity to race in

a class like TSRS.I at one time did and it was awsome.

Lets just hope that TSRS can learn and cope with all

that is going on.

Remember it is better to be proactive than reactive.

Mary Ann wasn't happy, Kim wasn't happy and I'm sure all the other members of TSRS were not happy. I wasn't keeping up with the number of cautions that certain cars caused but I do feel one was missed. I can and will speak for TSRS regarding what happened. No one liked it but it's water under the bridge.

Water under the bridge,it won't happen again,we'll talk to the drivers,we messed up,Oh boy I've had enough.

If it was up to me the drivers would be in for a world of

%$#@.If I would have paid to set in the stands and watch that mess I would ask for my money back.If you need help let me know I'll be in the enfield with you,on second tought scratch that until someone can actually

make a call don't count me in that mess.

I find it interesting when the drivers drive like they did saturday, how it becomes the series fault. It is beyond me as to why officials seem to be the cause for everything. Those of you who think like this should try it, see the sh*t we go through, see how often we get yelled out, complained to, and disrespected at the track and why we aren't behind the wheel or the gas petal. This season has been WONDERFUL; one of the most enjoyable I have had as an official, I will say, the drivers were off saturday. I have the utmost respect for those guys and gals on the track and in return I would hope those of us who are officials would have that same respect. I will say that the two cars that had three cautions were black flagged. This is my only post about this topic because I do have a life outside of this and graduate school will not be put on hold because I am astonished my the lack of respect.

There were problems with most every class and that darn caution flag Saturday night. The drivers themselves are the only ones that can remedy this situation. The officials can only do so much. They aren't driving the cars.

On a brighter note! What a job MaryAnn has done at THR! When was the last time we saw that many cars in the pits and so many competitors in each class.

Congrats MaryAnn, Brian, & Jack & the whole crew. Keep up the good work.

The Superstock race was the best! U guys, (and gals) are the best. Keep on Keeping on!

Mel

Archived