TSRS

TexasTornado

Mel,

I couldn't agree more. All in all, that was a heck of a show. Congrats to all.

With regard to the TSRS show, although there were more cautions than we would have liked to see, it wasn't as bad as the spring race for them at THR last year. I know I got on here and ranted about it at the time. The next race they held was the best and most caution free race I have seen them run. Saturday night was just one of those "Full Moon" nights every series has now and then.

we should all think about last saturday nite from a New Fan's point of view.

They paid $18.00 per person to view Semi Pro racing (TSRS). If that was your first time to come out to the races would you spend that kind of money again? I was in the grand stands during the TSRS race saturday, and it was painful to hear the comments from the fans around me. There are a bunch of Great drivers in TSRS and great Officials those people my hat is off to you all.

I am sure it was more imbarrasing to you all.

It was not all the drivers fault. The series can control things better. It all starts at the top.

Did anyone Get Fined for there part in the wrecks? Did any teams get docked Series points?

Was any Driver put on probation? There are ways to control what happens on the track. These teams do have Spotters and radios and the Series can contact anyone one of them at any time during the race.

I understand that any series can have a bad night, but it should never get out of control.

Jack Sandefur (SP?) I am very glad that you are still with us. That was Way too close of a call for me. I am glad you still have your Cat like reflexes.

I for one spend my entertainment dollars to watch a good race. I did get some great racing sat at Thr. but was it worth $18.00?? when you can go see a movie for $6.50. That is not my opinion it is cold hard cash, and that was some of the comments I heard from fans while leaving the TSRS race at 12:30 in the morning after 20 or so cautions.

By the way I spent over $100.00 for my family of 3 to go to the races. What made races great is it use to be for the little guy. That is a bunch of money for the little guy to spend. IF I go to 3 of these races a month it adds up to a car payment.

Some one on this thread said that it was not the series fault for a poor race. Maybe not completely but it is the Series Responsibility to correct it, and to not let it get out of control.

Good luck Getting things back under control.

Bryan

well if said driver of said car has to rely on his spotter/ radio that much he needs to go to nascar 2006 nobody gets hurt that way and no one has to spend tons of money to fix something that should have been seen by the human eye inside the racecar not have to be told by the spotters same human eye in the stands if you have to rely on your spotter that much you dont need to be in a car of any kind you no dirt late models not only do they not allow radios and mirrors but they prohibit you from using them and will fine you for it....................... and damn those suckers are fast but nick if you are goin to edit any one it should be this guys ability to drive but that cant happen so until then why dont we just build him a grand stock or demo derby car .............. a real one, not a tsrs car beacuse this guy could have killed someone and did cost alot of people alot of money that isnt readily available at the drop of a hat like it has been said before R E S P E C T and this guy has none if he cant drive safely without his radio im sorry but that is a piss poor excuse and should have been banned from tsrs permanately and adam sorry for the tough luck i hear you were having a good run

Instead of this thread turning into a contructive discussion, it seems to have reverted to a bash sessions once again.

I know that some of you feel it's OK to bash someone if you feel they deserve it, but TXSZ is not run that way. For example, someone might well be a total idiot with papers to prove it (no bigfat, I'm not talking about you), but we shouldn't get on here and call them an idiot.

So let's lay off the bashing and move on to something more constructive please.

Nick

I've seen that said driver race for many years...not sure what exactly happened there as to why he hit the car but everyone makes mistakes. Luckily nobody got hurt. The pits were packed sat. night. Every series has races just like the TSRS race. I've been involved in them and it is embarassing for the drivers and officials. Pointing the blame doesn't help any track or series everyone is trying to do their best, but these sort of things happen at every level of racing.

Congrats to Cody Smith and hopefully the next race is smoother.

There were problems with most every class and that darn caution flag Saturday night. The drivers themselves are the only ones that can remedy this situation. The officials can only do so much. They aren't driving the cars.

On a brighter note! What a job MaryAnn has done at THR! When was the last time we saw that many cars in the pits and so many competitors in each class.

Congrats MaryAnn, Brian, & Jack & the whole crew. Keep up the good work.

The Superstock race was the best! U guys, (and gals) are the best. Keep on Keeping on!

Mel

now if we can get cc to work a deal for next year .like to have all yah come down for real short track bull ring raceing .

My understanding is that the driver of said car lost his radio(more specifically) he couldn't hear his spotter.  

Not to our knowledge, one car did prior to the race starting and we stopped him and fixed the situation.

They paid $18.00 per person to view Semi Pro racing (TSRS).

Just to clarify something here, we do not charge more money to come see TSRS or any other class, each race this season is considered "BIG" events, since we run a limited schedule, other then the Texas Sock Car Spectacular, those are our prices. There was some fine racing action Saturday night along with lots of cautions and red flags in several classes, it is the end of the season, engines are going, rearends are breaking and points are being chased! Although the drivers and crews do not like wrecks, racefans like the action, although they may have no appreciation for the time it takes for clean up, unfortunately like NASCAR, we can't go to a commercial break and come back to racing. By the way, Wes, you and your crew were incredible with all that clean up!

now if we can get cc to work a deal for next year, like to have all yah come down for real short track bull ring raceing.

We are game, we like CC and world appreciate the opportunity.

On a brighter note! What a job MaryAnn has done at THR! When was the last time we saw that many cars in the pits and so many competitors in each class. congrats MaryAnn, Brian, & Jack & the whole crew. Keep up the good work.

Thank you, Mel & Brad, we ALL appreciate your kind words!

The Superstock race was the best! U guys, (and gals) are the best. Keep on Keeping on.

Mel, I agree! Also, they are currently called Street Stocks, but I have always felt "Super Stocks" is the correct name for those cars & drivers, they are a premier class! ;)

Last, but certainly not least, we are so thankful that Gary, Sr., is doing as well as he is, get well soon, hopefully you can join us back at the Spectacular! Everyone have a great weekend.

Archived