Turkey Shootout

Current Plans for the Turkey Shootout

Turkey Shootout – November 24th & 25th- 2006

Payout

Modified A-Main: 1st-$4000, 2nd- $2000, 3rd- $1000, 4th- $900, 5th- $800, 6th- $700, 7th- $690, 8th- $680, 9th- $670, 10th- $660, 11th-$650, 12th- $640, 13th-$630, 14th- $620, 15th- $610, 16th- $600, 17th-$590, 18th- $580, 19th- $570, 20th- $560, 21st- $550, 22nd- $540, 23rd- $530, 24th- $525

All Non-Transfers will receive $100.

Limited Modified A-Main: 1st-$1500, 2nd- $900, 3rd- $800, 4th- $700, 5th- $600, 6th- $500, 7th- $400, 8th- $300, 9th- $275, 10th- $250, 11th-$240, 12th- $230, 13th-$220, 14th- $210, 15th- $200, 16th- $190, 17th-$180, 18th- $170, 19th- $160, 20th- $150, 21st- $150, 22nd- $150, 23rd- $150, 24th- $150

All Non-Transfers will receive $50

GENERAL INFORMATION\

• Modified Entry Fee $150 – No Late Fee

• Limited Modified Entry Fee $100 – No Late Fee

• Send in registration and Entry Money to reserve Number.

• All starting positions for the heats will be determined by the luck of the draw.

• The number of heats will be determined by the number of cars entered.

• 12 cars will qualify on Friday night and 12 cars on Saturday night.

• Heat Races will be 12 Laps

• Qualifying mains will be 20 laps

• Saturday’s A-main will be 55 Laps.

• Weekly Modifieds run 5.67 to 6.00 gear

• Sunoco methanol and racing gas are available at the track.

• The race track is ¼ mile on the inside with medium banking.

• The Race Place will have parts and tires available at the track.

• We will allow camping at the track. Anyone wanting to stay at the track until they are ready to head south to the McAllen race will be allowed.

• No Checks at the event CASH or Money Order ONLY.

• Any questions feel free to call Owen Pittman at 361-548-0669.

MODIFIED RULES

• All cars must weigh 2400 lbs with driver after every race.

• Aluminum Roofs OK

• 5” Spoiler allowed

• IMCA rules apply except claim. THERE WILL BE NO CLAIM.

• V-8 engines only.

• Aluminum heads allowed with 50 lbs in front of motor plate.

• Rear mount pumps OK. / Rollers OK

• Transmissions (Bert and Brinn allowed)

• No restrictions on bars. (i.e. no minimum panhard bar: pull bar and 5th arm ok)

• Only Hoosier G60 or American Racer Tire Part#KK-704 or #KK-704 short (G-60/15) will be allowed.

LIMITED MODIFIED RULES

• IMCA Southern Sportmod rules will be followed.

• Forged Pistons may be used with 50lbs additional weight in front of motor plate. (Total Weight with forged piston will be 2400)

• No other changes to IMCA rules.

• Corpus Christi, Texas

When coming in from the North on 37 take 358 South (SPID) to Old Brownsville Rd. Exit and turn Right. The track is 2 Miles down on the left hand side after the stop sign.

www.SOUTHTEXASSPEEDWAY.com

Free BAR-B-Q Friday Night at the PIT PARTY!

Who cares I would much rather go watch this big mod race then have to wrry about my car. Sometimes its nice to go sit down and watch a race and not have to worry about cars. But at this point and time I having WITHDRAWS with no car to race. But Im finally gonna get some days off this weekend so Im gonna get my car out there to the shop and get after it.

Owen,

That is an impressive show right before McAllen, and an excellent way to solicit additional cars to South Texas for both events back to back. I don't own a mod, but will definitely spend money on pit passes to meet those drivers in person.

As not to distract from this post, is there another string advising of the anticipated payout for the Nov. stock car event, and will you be opening pure stock rules to allow for participation similar to what you have for this Sunday?

We are excited about coming down this Sunday for a fun night. Been reading a lot of good things about happenings at STS.

-Monty

"dirt running through my veins

www.ykc.com/mcchamber

that does sound great, i should be ready to race by then with the doctor release or hell if he dont give me one i might just race anyways.  see yall there. :D

....nope bounty, doctor says no, but he did say I could drive it for you!!! LOL

How are you feeling?

that does sound great, i should be ready to race by then with the doctor release or hell if he dont give me one i might just race anyways.  see yall there. :D

....nope bounty, doctor says no, but he did say I culd drive it for you!!! LOL

How are you feeling?

sorry rick but he needs a real driver. Will the real driver please step up

besides the the bag that comes out of my liver to drain any posion that might be in my liver that my youngest one thinks is a pull chain everything else feels fine. just tired of hanging around the house . ready to get back to work and get my car to the track. sorry rick i would let you race it but come on your use to those slow volkswagans and dodges, i dont want you to get whiplash from this chevy when you stand on it. i might have the ugliest and oldest and a motor thats seen about 3 seasons with out a rebuild and tires that are dry rotted but the sob always seems to finish the race......... knock on wood but that was the best money i probly ever spent for racing.... bought a wore out car and motor but she keeps on going.... well ill see yall at the races soon enough..

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to a sponsor we will be raising the start money for the Limited Modifieds to $250 dollars to start.

Also the Purte Stocks will be racing and we will be paying $1000 to win and $100 to start for them I will post the full payout later.

The sponsor told me not to post who it is from yet so I will let you all know who to thank when he lets me know to tell everyone.

Owen,

Clarification please. Are you stating that in addition to the stock car championships on Nov. 11th, the Pures will have an opportunity to run at the Turkey Shootout and it will be $1,000 to win for Pures at the Turkey Shootout?

If so, this would basically follow the same general layout as Labor Day Weekent event, with Mods, Limiteds and Pures??

If I understood this correct, will you be working under the same approach for rules in Pures allowing cars from other tracks to run in the Pures?

Thanks in advance for clarification. I will monitor this board for a reply.

-Monty

"dirt running through my veins"

www.ykc.com/mcchamber

Thanks for the clarification. Another fun event and a chance to meet the big dogs at the same time.

Hope Troy Taylor does come down for this event. Watched him run in stock cars during his late teens about 25 years ago in Grand Prairie and Carrollton. It was easy to see way back then he had some natural talent. Haven't seen Troy run since the 80's, only been able to read about it, so it would be cool to get to see him and other big names.

-Monty

"dirt running through my veins"

www.ykc.com/mcchamber

Archived