Ticket prices

rebelracewriter

While TQ has riled me into one of my moods..........

I had the notion to go to the Majestic Theatre in SA this weekend to see the comedien, Ron White.(that guy cracks me up)

So I checked the website,(did my own detective work <_< ), for ticket availability/prices;

$39.75 plus service charge(HUH? :huh: )

**Note, everyone including infants must have a ticket. SAY WHAT....no childrens pricing? Not that you'd want to take a kid to his show, but still.....

40 bucks for what, a one hour act? :angry: So I said screw it! :( I'll buy a $15 CD from Hastings to listen to. And at my own leisure no less.

I didn't find any food/beverage prices listed, but I'd venture a guess they were far more than track food/drinks.

Just something to think about the next time you want to complain about $18-20 tickets for racing. There you get 3 hours(or more) of entertainment for your hard-earned dollar, too. Just a short Reb lesson in value per dollar. ;)

I agree $40 is expensive for one ticket compared to 15-20 for most central Texas asphalt tracks. BUT families with kids can go to the movies for a lot cheaper than going the races. I know two families that love racing would be weekly attenders at a local track. I do my best to get cheaper tickets for my fans but sometimes it is just not cost effective for them. Plus more show isn't always good, if the show lasts until midnight. Even 8 year olds start to get pretty sleepy and cranky. Then add the expense of concessions it just doesn't add up.

I think ticket prices need to be very cheap, you should make most of your money on concessions, gear & toys. The University of Texas football games (pre-Mack Brown era) you could find scalpers that after the game started would do anything to sell the tickets even take a loss to make the sale. My business mind thinks if there is an empty seat at the track it is better to sell it below list because $5 is better than an empty seat. I used to wait until after the game started to arrive and sometimes I'd buy tickets four for the price of one. (A&M vs UT was always a different story. Tech was also another expensive game.)

I guess the bottom line is if a family of 4 only has $50 dollars to spend for the evening. I say let them in for $25 dollars. Then sell concessions and racing gear & toys until you get the last $25. They watched some racing and drank and ate. Good deal for everyone, track, sponsors and said family.

I went and saw Talladega Nights with my wife last Sunday and we got two drinks and a popcorn spend a total of $24.50. That only buys one ticket at the central Texas asphalts. Entertainment business is fierce competition.

we as drivers. teams take for the most part our cars home put them up on jack stand .s

and thats it if you dont have to work at work or on the car .so while we are just sitting at home doing nothing and being bored .we should be somewhere with our car or cars and showing them even if its a parking lot. the old saying out of site out of mind .that just may help with fans and its good for your sponsors .and i dont care if they are not race fans when you show a car they look . and maybe a track can get somewhere or anyone .to find a place to show . i know there was one last week at the movies how many cars showed up ..a way to get fans is target kids .they are the back bone of the future . .and maybe the tracks can give out points or something to the drivers who do that . drivers and tracks can get together on this .

Ron White is doing Corpus as well and as much as I love the guy wouldn't pay $45 + to see anyone to just stand and talk for an hour.Do pay that for concerts but there is a lot more going on at those.I don't think any of the tracks around here are overcharging either. Jason is right about STS . Their concession prices are about 1/2 of everyone elses as well.

Archived