Sportsman Race @ SAS

marvinmcgee

Guest bigfat

I have to disagree with your first statement. Signed, unbiased Grand Stock Driver.

They said he dropped a couple of valves.

Too many changes for the THR cars but they're working on that issue.

$350

If you mean the twin 25's there would have been a $500 bonus to win em' both.

the 80 car got to 270 deg. during the 1st but stayed out due to the chance to win the race, but decided not to chance the motor in the second feature.

Guest bigfat
I might be wrong but I think it was $600 extra to win both races on top of the regular pay

You're wrong. No might be. After all who would know.? You or me? Open your eyes and ears.

We have said many times we'll help people get pull offs I don't see how the tires would be the main issue.

Here's a better option than running on pulloffs and a borrowed carb - let the THR cars run "as is."

I'd bet good money (none of which I actually have) that you'd have a very even race with the THR cars at a slight but acceptable disadvantage under the SAS cars. I sent Rick a message yesterday with much more reasoning behind my madness, so I won't repeat the details here out of respect for his awaited decision.

In preparation for Oktoberfast, why not give it a try with a 1 or 2 race cap - no points, just payout.

cs

Tams is right it was to be 600 to win both it started out to be 500 and I think Mission was adding another 100 to it

Yep. We were in the stands and were paying close attention when Dickerson said that the 2nd feature would be inverted with $500 going to the driver who might win both features. Shortly after that, he added that it had been bumped up to $600.

I think in the RR class, there was a $100 bonus announced to be given to the driver who made the best pass or best save.

In the SLM series, the top 6 were offered the standard bonus for starting scratch.

We commented several times that it was cool that things like these were being done to add excitement and break up the routine. Good job SAS.

Dang Chase, Brad & Rick,

I've been trying to talk y'all into precisely this for over a year! Hope something can be worked out!

Buddy, during the regular season, the rules differences are only part of the problem - the "problem" being that THR cars don't travel to SAS and visa versa. The other part of the problem is that the drivers who are running at their track in hopes of winning a championship usually won't risk tearing their stuff up at another track on one of their off weeks.

However, SAS happens to have 2 weekly class races after the THR season closes this year. I thought those two races would be a pretty good opportunity to see exactly how the two rules packages stack up "as is" before the Oktoberfast event is upon us. I bet SAS could see a 20+ car count in the Sportsman class on those two nights if the THR cars were invited up.

Chase is right though most drivers are loyal to their track and stay there...which I respect. It is a driver's choice where he or she races at, but this time of the year people seem to stay where they been. We have already put heavy thought into the end-of-season-races. SAS still has big plans for the season and the future.

Actually it was a $700 bonus if one driver could win both ends of the twins.

$500--from the track

$100--from Mission Auto

$100--from KMac Sport

-----------

$700 and I didn't go to Montana public schools or can't skin a buffalo.

The Road Runners had $100 put up by Kelly Roofing for "Best save of the race."

Pays attention in class------most of the time, part of the time, none of the time?! :huh:

SAS is putting thought into the rules im sure, but no matter what for them its a lose lose situation, because somebody's going to find something to cry about where the rules don't fit their class of cars exactly like they want it.

SAS is putting thought into the rules im sure, but no matter what for them its a lose lose situation, because somebody's going to find something to cry about where the rules don't fit their class of cars exactly like they want it.

thats for sure.............it looks like south texas speedway has a common set of rules with other tracks........their drivers went to edna to race this past weekend since sts was rained out.......so it is beneficial to the drivers, but not sure how it helps the tracks..........plus how many times is that actually going to happen where drivers load up and go to another track on an off weekend.............i doubt it will happen very often............

Guest bigfat
I bet SAS could see a 20+ car count in the Sportsman class on those two nights if the THR cars were invited up.

There was 16 there on Saturday and that was with Rhomer and Montanio not there because of wrecked cars and 2 others that had other issues. It might make it to 30 with the Street Stocks from THR. That wouldn't suck.

Archived