Sportsman Race @ SAS

marvinmcgee

We never like tearing up equipment. 25 to 30 sportsman is within reach and would be a great show. Lm twin 50s last season had a lot of cars and great racing with few wrecks, so there is no doubt sportsman could not only be the same but better. Our back gate opens for all the drivers.

like chase said.........before the 'new sheriff' came to town we(thr cars) ran our rules straight up against sas cars...........and it was pretty even perhaps to even. so until they set it straight up again you won't see people breaking their asses to make an sas race.........maybe 3 or 4 trickle in for octoberfast, but you won't see ten s.s. from thr there on the same night.

I don't see why THR Street Stocks couldn't come down and run what they brung on off weeks. (I bought my SA gears last year) More money for the track and more bang for the buck for spectators. It doesn't make a crap to me if the rules favor the Sportsman class.

Other than the tires is there really that much difference????

Without getting into too much detail, the major differences are:

Intake, compression ratio, camshaft lift, valve springs, rocker arms, 4-wheel disc brakes, carb, tires, exhaust (mufflers), cool air boxes, motor setback.

On the surface that may look like alot, but when you see how many of the diffences cancel each other out, it's really not that much.

Don't fix a class that ain't broke!

16 cars this weekend, with some regulars out for repairs.

6 different winners in 8 races!

or maybe it's 7 different winners in 9 races

seems like the 80 & 27 have both won twice

Guest bigfat
Don't fix a class that ain't broke!

16 cars this weekend, with some regulars out for repairs.

6 different winners in 8 races!

10-4

Sportsman class isn't broke and neither is the Street Stock class. Both have plenty of cars. It would be nice to "only have to change gears" and run a different track every now and then. I have enjoyed racing at SAS in the post season but with a few nights off this year in our schedule it would be nice to make the trip to SAS. I think if there was a poll amongst the drivers it would be unanimous to let the THR cars run as they are. (I may have to build a Grand Stock and bring that down and give Jody and the others a run :D )

look especially as far as mufflers go, im with the 80 car, we have one, i think everybody should be required to i think it makes the cars look better with the sound on the track, the way i compare it is look at the truck series, you all this loud ass noise don't know what to think, the quite cars just look smoother and faster i think.

as far as the rules i see the carb as the easiest hold up if nothing else if the THR cars have the advantage in other little places that should be made up in the way that people at SAS have been racing there all frickin year

American Racer is the only tire we can run on our weekly shows. The only way we might could run it straight up is an outlaw race as far as the tire situation. I'll look into that.

This is why I have been pushing the pull offs. I know not everbody likes the pull off senario but that's the easiest way to get guys to our track. You might could find some decent left sides and just buy rights. Not sure if anyone is game for that but it is better than getting all 4 new ones.

JMO

I'll be at Thunderhill the next 2 weekends so I can listen to some ideas. Just ask for Brad at the USRA tech trailer.

American Racer is the only tire we can run on our weekly shows. The only way we might could run it straight up is an outlaw race as far as the tire situation. I'll look into that.

This is why I have been pushing the pull offs. I know not everbody likes the pull off senario but that's the easiest way to get guys to our track. You might could find some decent left sides and just buy rights. Not sure if anyone is game for that but it is better than getting all 4 new ones.

JMO

I'll be at Thunderhill the next 2 weekends so I can listen to some ideas. Just ask for Brad at the USRA tech trailer.

I understand there may be contractual reasons why everybody must be on the AR tires. I guess the biggest reason I was hoping the THR cars could run on the Hoosiers AND with their normal carb is that the treaded tires are the biggest equalizer between the 350 carb and the 500 carb. If you put the THR cars on slicks, you'd definately have to make them run the 350 carb, and that would be the deal killer for most of us because we don't have one.

Of course, if you guys want to let us run the AR tires and our usual carb, we couldn't argue against that much! :D;)

Bingo Chase has the problem...we're open to different opinions and me and Rick we'll be talking to some THR guys this weekend.

I don't want anyone to think we aren't trying to figure something out. Me and Rick have been thinking about this stuff a lot but we are trying to be careful on our final solution. It's hard to make everyone happy but we are trying.

It helps when people give us their opinions in a civil manner. We are always happy to listen and we appreciate the interest.

look this week we had 4 brand new tires for expecting to run 2 races before we had motor issues in the first one,

when we one the first one we had used left sides i think 2 race old left sides actually because it gave us better stagger with the two new right sides

Bingo Chase has the problem...we're open to different opinions and me and Rick we'll be talking to some THR guys this weekend.

I don't want anyone to think we aren't trying to figure something out. Me and Rick have been thinking about this stuff a lot but we are trying to be careful on our final solution. It's hard to make everyone happy but we are trying.

It helps when people give us their opinions in a civil manner. We are always happy to listen and we appreciate the interest.

Sounds good.

Look forward to talking more this weekend. Stop by the pits - can't miss the ole 99 car.

Guest Soaker

Just let them bring thier cars as is. 500 and all then we will just see what happens. It will only make us SAS guys get faster if they smoke us.

Archived