What's your favorite racing memory?

debwill

Okay . . . let's take a moment to step back in time . . . whether it's two weeks ago or 25 years ago (or more).

Share your stories . . . what are your favorite race track memories? I'm sure all of us have both good and bad memories, but let's just share the good ones for now . . . not sure if we're ready for the bad ones. Oh, and let's keep it clean, please.

Deb,

It's got to be the thrill, honor and privilege of being there and being a part of that Osborne feature victory at SAS last year. I was in the stands and everyone was on their feet cheering when he came across the finish line. You could look down in the pits and everybody was standing on tops of cars and trailers doing the same thing. It was just incredible to be there and experience it. What a racing memory!

outside of my first win as a crewman 1985 and my first win as a driver .1988 .my favorite is winning the tps race with jessie in sas after three other drivers .i helped got close .when i started to help jessie he had a junk car .he and i always wanted to win one in sas bad .i tried for 8 years .always came out short so we started the car we have now it was done for one reason and really no other .was to win at sas .that was the biggest night for me and jessie and to top it off the closest finish in tps history .so anything else we do is second to that one .except we have to do it atliest one more time . thanks for running our cars at sas very much .didnot think it would ever happen .

Tom will have to fill in the dates,

Early to mid 80's I think. When Bob Harmon brought his "All Pro Series" to SA, Freddy Fryar and Gary Ballough had a great race down to the wire. Never seen the stands that packed ever! It was a great race.

Mel

Mel,

June 29th, 1985,

Balough edged Fryar in a great race that had Darrell Brown, Daniel Keene, and Randy Couch round out the top five.

Winning the ARTS Regional and DIvisional Championships in 2002. Finished 2nd in the Nation by only a few tenths of a point from the National Championship. 7 wins, 9 poles, and 14 top 5 finishes. That was the greatest year for the ROSE CITY RACING TEAM. Also watching Jon win his first ever race back in 1995 on the dirt. That was the days when you didn't have to have alot of money, just a good driver and alot of hard work at the shop!

Labor Day weekend 1979....

Yeomans leading.....Freddy hounds him right down to the last lap....goes into Turn 3 and gets under him....about the time the fireball starts......Freddy holds him off all the way to the line with the whole car lit up underneath in a fireball that finally goes out in turn one..........

Billy

I would have to say the moment that stands out in my mind was during one of the octoberfast's where during the last 2 or 3 races there seemed to be lightning all around while they tried to get the race in... I dont believe it ended up raining but it was one hell of a lightshow... Better than the one that got caught on tape last year and used in commercials... As for the oh wow factor I remember the night when I think Spanky Spangler drove through the stack of cars just passed pit road...

Marc

one year they had i believe. an all pro race 250 .at sas cris allison raced in that one . nice guy . it was after bobby got really hurt .and that young man took the time and talked awhile with me about his dreams and his dad .never forget that . he would have had been great for the sport .

I have a lot of great memories but one that comes to mind isn't about any of my races or finishes. In '97 I built a car for my wife and I to share at Longhorn. I told her I was going to groom her to win the Golden Girls Championship....to this day she has that Championship trophy proudly displayed in our living room. She also has bragging rights to the biggest trophy for racin' in our family ! :D

Guest bigfat

Street Stock race, 2005 Stock Car Championship @ CCmotorSpeedway. I've only been around this business for 15 months but to be a part of the team to win one of the end of the year races was awesome. Especially the hug, and what seemed to be relief, that Tator and his dad shared. That was the best.

Mr. Steve Osbourne added some extra exictment by flattening the right side of his car on the turn four wall damn near every lap.

Owen was in a groove himself. What a freakin' weekend..................

Archived