A WEEKEND AT THE CIRCUS........

awmhunter1

MY FAMILY AND I WERE AT THE CIRCUS THIS WEEKEND AND WANTED TO SEE IF ANYONE CAUGHT THE MAJIC SHOW AT THE END OF THE AFTERNOONS ENTERTAINMENT? THERE WERE SEVERAL MEMEBERS OF THE CIRCUS AROUND, SUCH AS A LARGE BEAR THAT ONLY PLAYED DURING THE DAY..... A RINGLEADER THAT WORE A LARGE HAT AND HUGE CROWD OF PARTICIPANTS...... TOWARDS THE END OF THE DAY THERE WAS A MAJIC ACT AND I WASN'T SURE IF I SAW CORRECTLY AND WAS WONDERING IF SOMEONE COULD HELP MY EYE SIGHT...... I SAW A TOWEL WITH SOMETHING SQUARE WITH FOUR HOLES IN IT WRAPPED UP ON A FENDER AFTER BEING REMOVED FROM AN INTAKE, LAYING NEXT TO A TOWEL WITH SOMETHING SIMILAR WITH HOLES IN IT PLACED THERE PRIOR TO THE FIRST ONE BEING REMOVED. ONCE BOTH TOWELS WITH SIMILAR SHAPED SQUARE OBJECTS IN THEM WERE LEFT ON SAID FENDER THE MAJICIAN STOPPED BY AND WAS DIRECTED TO PICK UP THE TOWEL PLACED ON THE FENDER PRIOR TO THE ONE COMING OFF THE CAR? CAN ANYONE CLEAR UP WHAT I SAW AND THAT MY EYESIGHT ISNT GOING DOWN THE TOILET?

We have been trying to answer most of the questions presented on TXSZ lately.

But this one has me stumped . . . and so does the one about "the truth" on another thread.

C'mon, guys, (and gals) . . . do you really expect us to reply to a post like the one at the top of thread? It's anonymous and written in riddles. I'm not sure I even understand the question, nor do I know where to begin with an answer.

If you're serious about wanting a clarification on the tech inspections after the TMS race (I assume that's the gist of the riddle), please talk with Rick Day personally. He can be reached at 210-827-4524.

Oh these guys are far from quitting they are just heading east, west, and north - you know there are SEVERAL series to choose. Pensacola, Mobile, Opp, Southern All Stars, PASS, CRA and it was far more than clearing a gray area from what I understand.

Guest bigfat
We have been trying to answer most of the questions presented on TXSZ lately.

But this one has me stumped . . . and so does the one about "the truth" on another thread.

C'mon, guys, (and gals) . . . do you really expect us to reply to a post like the one at the top of thread? It's anonymous and written in riddles. I'm not sure I even understand the question, nor do I know where to begin with an answer.

If you're serious about wanting a clarification on the tech inspections after the TMS race (I assume that's the gist of the riddle), please talk with Rick Day personally. He can be reached at 210-827-4524.

I think it's trying to say that someone switched restrictor plates before tech with one of those magical towels and the tech officials looked the other way?

The large bear has to be Rick (it really doesn't have to be, just trying to put the puzzle together and since I wasn't there.......) The hat guy has to be TD (Well there again, it doesn't have to be, for Christ sake you're in Ft. Worth). That much I have figured out (I think). As for the object with holes in it, I think there was only one hole and there was an A preceeding it. Correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe it's called a awmhunter1. Go easy Nick. It's my 1st offense.

Has anyone seen my sense of humor???? OH there it is.

My 1st question is: Who really knows what happened?

My 2nd question is: What in the hell is offset?????????

I think the Texas Motor Speedway event should not count as a points race. A lot of the under-funded teams will not make the trip and the ones that do will probably get lapped pretty fast. Some just might not want to put the extra money to make their car competitive for this one event. If they don't attend or have a bad finish, that will mess up the points for a championship run or at least a top 10 finish in points, even though it can happen at any race. Other SLM series have one or two non-points events throughout the season or towards the end of the season. I think there will still be a good number of cars if they went to a non-points race. There was at least 14 cars that are not regulars. Next year we can possibly get more out of owners, that will probably not race more than 2-3 events for the series. I'm not sure if it was last year or the year before, but I think we had some guys that couldn't compete at TMS because of their age. They chose another race to determine what points would be awarded in place of the TMS event. This is just my personal opinion, but I think these is a short track series, not a super-speedway series, and this one event should be an option. Chris Davidson would had probably lapped every car if it weren't for that caution. The Davidson's got their stuff together on for this event, there are a few improving, but we need at least 10 cars to run together to put on a good show for whoever is watching.

The rules change whenever they want and that is pretty much every race. I think the car count is a direct result of the changes. And racechick, you are correct, not one of those series is hurting for cars. They live in the same country we do so it is not the economy.

ROMCO Young Chevorlet 100 Entry List - 06/06/03

Car # Driver Sponsor Make

00 Kenny Bumbera CE Racing/Bumbera's Perf. Pontiac

2 Loni Richardson Richardson Racing Chev

05 Joshua Trees Executive Investments Chev

07 Graham Baker Davidson Electrical/Bumbera's Pontiac

8 Brandon Bendele Premier Minerals/Lone Star Chev

12 Jim Frazier Central Texas Tiltwall Chev

13 T Wade Welch Sch. Automotive Mach. Chev

14 Chris Davidson Westside Perf./Port City Chev

15 Colt James Chasco Contracting Chev

16 Danny Pike Aderson's Mach. Shop Chev

17 Clay Huckaby FitIt Service Co. Chev

19 Kent Baltzell Baltzell Racing Chev

24 Jim Blevins Jr Blevins Racing Ford

29 Thad Felton Cletex Trucking/Cletex Trailer Dodge

30 Mark Coleman McGinnis Welding Chev

32 Heath Stewart Southside Wrecker/Gladwin Chev

33 Robert Richardson LeadershipShapers.com Pontiac

39 Mark Chrudimsky Austin Vol-Tech Svc. Chev

44 H E Naumann MAN Racing Promotions Dodge

47 Kris Frost Frost Racing Chev

48 Jay Watson Watson Automotive Chev

49 Bradley Riethmeyer Riethmeyer Auto Repair Chev

50 Joe Aramendia Aramendia Motor Sports Chev

51 Michael Crofford Cole & Cole Construction

52 J C Umschied Umschied Racing Chev

56 Trey Ware Aramendia Motor Sports Chev

59 Jason Oates Aramendia Plumbing Chev

60 Scott Lowry Lowry Racijng

66 Patti Klauss Jack Klaus Trinity Automotive Chev

73 Kevin Gingrich DG's Radiator Sales & Repair Chev

85 Andrew Tillison Jr Wilson Ford Parts, RQC Inc. Ford

96 Greg Davidson Westside Perf./Port City Chev

99 Doug Hooks Dyer Electronics Chev

113 David Lege Lege Racing Chev

131 Doug Lege Lege Racing Chev

151 Joey Miller Great Clips Chev

164 Dan Leatherman Leatherman Racing Pontiac

198 Martin Lyall Lyall Brothers Pontiac

Crazy why'd you edit your post? I had a good reply for it!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i figure why beat a dead horse........i'm sure your reply would have been a good one.

First, thanks to AWMHUNTER1, even though i did have to read it a few times to understand.

So lets get to the point. I personally looked at the carb and all before it was taken off and nothing (extra gaskets) out of the ordinary was there. I had a tech man there(in plain clothes) watching what was going on. The carb spacer was hot and came off the car, the resistor plate was the one issued to the team and was hot as it came off the car. So if they(supposedly changed anything) it was a gasket and there was no rule on the gasket other than they needed one and they could only have one in each location.

Next Issue.

As for the rule change that morning it was not a change but a clairifation. One team asked to change to a 1/2 spacer and i said yes on qualifying day, after qualifying was over (they were in the top 5) i checked things and they had 5 or 6 gaskets in one position under the carb. Not saying it was anything but extra gaskets, but it was a way to have more openings to get more air to bypass the resistor plate. Hince the clairification.

Second off this team was running a McGunigill motor and should have been made run the stock set up by McGunigill. But they were down on horsepower and asked if they could try the smaller spacer so i told them they could run the smaller spacer to see if it would help, not all the gaskets.

Racing event or a circus what ever you want to call it, TMS was happy with all we did execpt for one car that keep speeding on pit road and said we had to address that before next years event.

Hope that answers everyone questions or concerns and looking forward to seeing everyone at SAS for round two of the Texas Two Step Nationals.

Rick Day

Second off this team was running a McGunigill motor and should have been made run the stock set up by McGunigill. But they were down on horsepower

If they were made to run a stock set up by McGunigill pull the restrictor out because as far as I know McGunigill doesn't ship his motors with restrictor's!

I am not calling any team's name but bottom line is Rick USRA needs cars they do not need to be losing cars What 15 cars in Kyle at the last event if you continue to lose 2 racers at a time then your looking at a 10 or 12 car field.

Jason,

I can't remember if it was last year or the year before, but this rule change started when Crown Royal was booked as a TMS race sponsor. One (or two) of the USRA underage drivers was not allowed to compete because of the sponsorship, and that's why the rule change was made. It had nothing to do with copying TSRS.

I am not a USRA regular but i raced at TMS this past weekend. I did it for the experience. I knew going in my ride was going to be slow. Long story. The only thing I noticed is the Tech seemed to be pretty lax. I was under the impression that it was going to be very strict. I noticed several cars with some questionable things. Most were very small but none the less they were not within the rules we were to go by. I hate to sound like I am complaining because I really appreciated the chance to go to TMS and race. Hopefully we can do it again next year. Seems like this race being a plate race and aero being a big part of it they would have really been strict on the bodies. And I dont know exactly what was checked post race in the cars as far as motor and transmissions, But i dont see how someone could get away with a plate switch without someone knowing it. Not sure if the riddler was speaking about the winner or someone else. All I know is Chris blew by me like i was in a VW! But I think that was because they did their homework on their car, and I would like to take this time to congratulate him on a job well done.

Ed Mann

#47 Sonic Racing

Archived