A WEEKEND AT THE CIRCUS........

awmhunter1

I believe with ROMCO they did not allow that option. In 04 they allowed the guys under 21 who got screwed by the rule (Tuffy, Bradley, Colt) to have the 2nd TMS date count double. I don't think they ever allowed anyone to drop a race.

Taken from ROMCO site

"Result Notes: points marked with "*" are double points for those unable to compete at TMS 4/2 due to the age limit. The driver chooses the double point event upon arriving at the event. "

Both Tuffy and Bradley were affected. It says they could declare which event when they arrive but both ended up just doubling their TMS points from the June race.

First let me congratulate the 41 team for a job well done. You obviously did your homework, and were the best team on race day. The comments that follow are not directed at your accomplishments in any way, but, there are other issues at hand that should be discussed. Yes, there was more than one person that claims to have seen the shell game. Whether it happened or not, is irrelevant, the 41 is still scored as the winner. If they did what some have accused them of, and got away with it, that's racing. But then again, how hard could it be to fool a dancing bear. Which brings me to my next comment. Even Greg would have never believed that his car would have made it through tech on three seperate occasions with the obvious infractions that he wanted you to see. When they give you something to look at, you should obviously look deeper. In the original post the gentleman referred to the ringleader. That would imply that he had leadership skills. I think he meant to say ringmaster. I'm sure there is something that you are master of. But you cannot lead a series by changing rules monthly, daily, or even on occasion, hourly. Once again, congratulations to the 41 team.

It's a joke to read all the pissing and moaning on here. Someone named Dicerson put up a decent purse. IF I read it rite, someone could win 15k. And the same someone gave everyone a chance to run on a big track with the Nascar truck guys watchin. Complaning is a way of life for some of the people who get on here and get on there soapbox. They complane about anything and everything instead of doing there homework like the Davidsons did.

About the only one who even bothered to say thank you to Dicerson was the lady from out of state who came in fourth. I'm sure she would have wanted to finish 1st, but she didn't get on here and bitch and moan and groan like a spoiled brat. She's got some class.

I received this PM too late to honor his request to remove the original post in this thread.

Nick,

I have seen what has become a mess off [edited out by Nick Holt] by some in my shop that used my sign in name for posting some malicious information on your website, as I am sure you have seen I do make postings and comments on your site and do not wish to be the brunt of a bunch of nonsense. I have written you this email to explain that I left my computer signed in which is on the desk in the shop, I have spoken to the guys and let them know that this is not the type of image we want to portrait so knock off the [edited out by Nick Holt] starting. Please remove the “article” due to the amount of [edited out by Nick Holt] it is starting and lets get on with reasonable conversation of what is going on with racing in Texas. Thank you, this will NOT happen again and apologize for the added BS.

ramey60,

Thanks for that post.

Not one person came up to us and said anything about this at the track. Seems to me it's just someone trying to stir the pot.

We talked to Casey's bunch yesterday and got some issues resolved. I look forward to seeing them again.

Rollie Pollie and anyone else for that matter.

We are taking applications for a Tech official right now and have been all year long. It was to the point that a couple even laughed when asked them to be the tech man just because of BS like this.

We would love to have help, it is doing all we can to maintain the Speedway, 3 USRA series, Websites and everything else we are trying to do short handed.

SO PLEASE if you think your a qualified TECH man step up, I would be glad to hire you.

Rick Day

Guest bigfat

Do you have those applications online or do I need to come pick one up? My resume' should speak for it's self. B)

Years around racing 1 1/4.

Years acutually racing 0

Years thinking I know everything, just like everyone else on here 35

Maybe I'm not as qualified as I thought I was. :ph34r:

Brad,

I think you have missed the point. As I said earlier, I do not wish to take anything away from the 41 team's victory. This is not directed at the Davidson's in any way. As I said earlier, they did their job. Some of us would simply like for the USRA officials to do theirs.

Gerald... I'm not sure if I missed it but I hope Rick cleared it up for you. We've kinda been like a 3 legged cat running from a pack of dogs.

The job is open.......

Gerald... I'm not sure if I missed it but I hope Rick cleared it up for you. We've kinda been like a 3 legged cat running from a pack of dogs.

The job is open.......

From your remarks, it sounds like you bit off more than you can handle.....

Archived