Randy5249

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
heres what we should do.

THR guys run their rules their tires

CC guys thier rules thier tires

SAS guys same thing

figure out the purse divide it by three and pay each track class thier own payout and have three or four races like this. by the end of the year we will know which rule and tire combo is the fastest slowest and in between. take the best and make em next years rules. then no body has to make rules you can race for them.

the bad....lower purse all around but if the first place cc guy is 10th then he gets as much as the first place thr guy

the good...dont have to buy any tires,get to race another track,bragging rights,evens the field pay wise and gets a new common set of rules. you just cant go wrong.

Interesting concept, but you forgot about the trucks that want to participate in the race. The issue I see with that is let's say a THR car wins and 2-5 is SAS cars. Should the THR rules be the base since a THR car won or should SAS be the base, because overall they had the best finishes? What if a truck wins?

Then the tracks contract with there tire supplier comes in to play. If the tracks were to go to common rules I believe they need to take the best aspects of all the classes this way everyone gives a little. This way no one complains that it's not fair that one set of cars doesn't have to make any changes.

That's a man who has his thinking cap on and is looking outside the box!!

JMO :D:D

CSR, as far as the trucks go its winner take all! the whole idea is based on 3 or 4 races and those averages, if the sas guys want thier rules then a bunch need to show up and then they should average out better and the same with thr and cc guys. start mixing and matching then you will never get it right for everyone. all iam sying is race for the set of rules. the only ones at a disadvantage are the cc guys with thier tires, so maybe let them run 970's this year. race for the rules for next year and then put everyone on the same tire. simplifies things. if everyone argues that i am not racing cuz they have an advantage over me and ill never win type attitude then there will never be a set of rules that everyone can run under. if you street stock guys want common rules then there will have to be some sacrifices, so you dont like my idea go run anyway and next year you will have the same advantage as the next guy. its up to you guys if you want a common set of rules or not. jmo

CSR, as far as the trucks go its winner take all! the whole idea is based on 3 or 4 races and those averages, if the sas guys want thier rules then a bunch need to show up and then they should average out better and the same with thr and cc guys. start mixing and matching then you will never get it right for everyone. all iam sying is race for the set of rules. the only ones at a disadvantage are the cc guys with thier tires, so maybe let them run 970's this year. race for the rules for next year and then put everyone on the same tire. simplifies things. if everyone argues that i am not racing cuz they have an advantage over me and ill never win type attitude then there will never be a set of rules that everyone can run under. if you street stock guys want common rules then there will have to be some sacrifices, so you dont like my idea go run anyway and next year you will have the same advantage as the next guy. its up to you guys if you want a common set of rules or not. jmo

I never said I didn't like your idea, why get defensive? I posted a set of sample rules and guys pointed out things I overlooked or was mistaken about, that's what needed, different opinions and ideas.

In your proposal, the first thing that jumped to my mind is that the THR cars are allowed to run a 62cc chambered head and a 57cc for Ford and Chrysler compared to a 68cc head at SAS. That's a huge advantage in my opinion, let's say HMP decided they were going to have only one late model class and they decided that the classes would race to see which set of rules were going to be applied for that one class. I think we all know what the outcome would be.

I never said I didn't like your idea, why get defensive? I posted a set of sample rules and guys pointed out things I overlooked or was mistaken about, that's what needed, different opinions and ideas.

In your proposal, the first thing that jumped to my mind is that the THR cars are allowed to run a 62cc chambered head and a 57cc for Ford and Chrysler compared to a 68cc head at SAS. That's a huge advantage in my opinion, let's say HMP decided they were going to have only one late model class and they decided that the classes would race to see which set of rules were going to be applied for that one class. I think we all know what the outcome would be.

If the SAS cars were running open chamber heads, it might be a huge advantage, but most if not all of them are running camel hump heads with some creative machine work done to get them to cc out to 68. Those 6 cc are not as much of an advantage as you might think. I'd take the slick tires, roller rockers, and 4-wheel disc brakes over that little difference in compression any day.

CSR, not getting defensive, just trying to explain better. What sorta advantage in hp do you think the 62 cc heads are getting over the other ones 10-15 hp more i really dont know, but i do know that 4-5 years and 600-700 laps at a track will be just as good as 30-40 more hp and the first or second time youve been there. as for the houston comparison those are two different classes, maybe tsrs and the houston late models and maybe usra and the houston pro latemodels, harder to guess what the outcome might be in these situations. the best guess would be that prolly not much is going to change towards a common set of ss rules in the near future, maybe in a couple of years.

I think the streets should be able to use any 8" tire no matter where there from. San Antonio cars will be on slicks so everyone should have the option of useing them.

exactly.

Archived