sas thr cc street/super stock

Randy5249

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you should run any 8" tire ,No roller cams, OEM trans ,Ride hieght 4" Weight 3200 min, Max cid limit to stop big HP motors. If i dont have to change car or buy different tires and it doesn't conflict with other plans Im there

Heys

We're still working on the details but we are very close. The numbers looking ok. Sould know something bt mid week.

Rick

PS If you have any sudjestion please e-mail me at Rick@sanantoniospeedway.com

Cool the corpus guys get to run their tires.

We get to run street tires against hoosier racing tires. Sounds good.

I think Big John probably wasn't thinking about you guys when he said that. Probably just forgot you guys run on street tires. They would have to let you run the Hoosiers to make it worthwhile for sure.

I don't know if we would run the race or not. We don't have a gear set for SAS, so it would depend on the final rules package. The last time I talked to Rick about running at SAS, he said we'd have to run the 350 carb and the 970 tires. That wasn't too enticing. Maybe the outlaw rules will be better. I guess the equity of the rules would determine whether or not it would be worth the money for the gears and other changes. Keep us posted.

cs

Any idea on the # of laps... I'll put up $100 for whomever leads the most laps... You guys might think of selling laps as sponsorships? Example...Laps 1-10 Sponsored by Texasspeedzone.com ect... $5 a lap...

In 2 hours thats $300 extra dollars... Catches on Quick...

thr cars can run the 970, cc can run their tires, sas cars can run their tires, or they can all run american racers.

i knew i put that in there somewhere, its in page one of the post.

it is up to rick and terry to decide the final rules, so we will all have to wait and see what tires we can run.

and yes rusty you count.

big john

Most of us CC guys still have 970's that we bought last year. I think it would be a good idea to allow us to run them. By the way Jason I will watch my weight better this time. It stinks to get dq'd for 10 lbs but that's how it goes.

Any SAS guys got any extra rear gears they'd be willing to loan out to guys from other tracks for a night? It would be the hospitable thing to do, if you've got an extra set laying around the shop. I don't know, but I can't imagine this would be a points race.

Any SAS guys got any extra rear gears they'd be willing to loan out to guys from other tracks for a night?

I think most of those guys run Chevy rear ends, but if somebody has some 31 spline 9" gears, that would sure help us make the trip!

heres what we should do.

THR guys run their rules their tires

CC guys thier rules thier tires

SAS guys same thing

figure out the purse divide it by three and pay each track class thier own payout and have three or four races like this. by the end of the year we will know which rule and tire combo is the fastest slowest and in between. take the best and make em next years rules. then no body has to make rules you can race for them.

the bad....lower purse all around but if the first place cc guy is 10th then he gets as much as the first place thr guy

the good...dont have to buy any tires,get to race another track,bragging rights,evens the field pay wise and gets a new common set of rules. you just cant go wrong.

they're just talking about one race now. all that stuff for the purse your talking about your just diluting alot of money, i think by doing this race you will figure out which package might be the best, but ill tell you which one will be the best right now. It will be the guy that gets in his car has no excuses and just shuts up drives his ass off and has the most determination.

Archived