sas thr cc street/super stock

Randy5249

we are thinking about a outlaw super stock/street stock/sportsman race at sas. need driver imput on weather or not we could get cars.

here are some of the rules we have in mind, they are by no means final. we need to know how many people would consider running this race. its paying 2000 to win, and the rest of the payout is not decided yet.

3200 lbs

55% left side

5" frame height

350 or 500 cfm 2bbl

12" crank height

4 link cars can run 3 link w/ panhard bar

max displacement 362

3 or 4 speed tranny no 2 speed or direct drive

stock dia clutch

25lbs for mini clutch

steel aftermarket bodies ok

25lbs for fiberglass hood

25 lbs for fiberglass a pillar

9" 10 and 12 bolt rearends no quick change floaters ok

crate motor can weigh 3100lbs

67" track width

full frame to center of rear axle

weight jacks ok

no aluminum, adjustable, or coilover shocks

front suspension must be stock

big john

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the only "beef" i'd have (except we have no motor) would be that the THR guys almost seem at a disadvantage. But if ya want to race, I guess the trip would be worth it.

-Shawn

Guest bigfat

Here's your CAM rule.

NO CAM Os.

That was weak, but someone is bound to get a kick out of it.

Are you hung over Pookie?

We are very interested in this type of event. but, First off this was a little pre mature in being posted.

Allen has been in contact with myself and Terry and we are looking at the possibility of doing such a race. If it is done it will be a race put on by San Antonio Speedway.

We thank Allen for his input and idea of running the race along with a sponsorship of the event. WE (SAS) will decide in the next day or two about the Show and will let everyone know then.

Thanks

Rick Day

SAS General Manager & Race Director

we are thinking about a outlaw super stock/street stock/sportsman race at sas. need driver imput on weather or not we could get cars.

here are some of the rules we have in mind, they are by no means final. we need to know how many people would consider running this race. its paying 2000 to win, and the rest of the payout is not decided yet.

3200 lbs

55% left side

5" frame height

350 or 500 cfm 2bbl

12" crank height

4 link cars can run 3 link w/ panhard bar

max displacement 362

3 or 4 speed tranny no 2 speed or direct drive

stock dia clutch

25lbs for mini clutch

steel aftermarket bodies ok

25lbs for fiberglass hood

25 lbs for fiberglass a pillar

9" 10 and 12 bolt rearends no quick change floaters ok

crate motor can weigh 3100lbs

67" track width

full frame to center of rear axle

weight jacks ok

no aluminum, adjustable, or coilover shocks

front suspension must be stock

big john

The idea of a race like this is a cool one. I think one reason why you get such a great showing at the post season races is because the points racers are no longer worried about messing up their points battle. It will be interesting to see if having it mid season will detract from that.

One thought - if you want to attract the cars that are currently racing at THR, SAS, and CC, use the rules that were in effect at the Oktoberfast/SS Championships/Spectacular rather than the ones posted here. I don't think the mini clutch, aftermarket body, crate motor, or weight jacks are allowed at any of the tracks in the SS/Sportsman class, so why allow it for one race? Just a thought.

The idea of a race like this is a cool one.   I think one reason why you get such a great showing at the post season races is because the points racers are no longer worried about messing up their points battle.  It will be interesting to see if having it mid season will detract from that.

One thought - if you want to attract the cars that are currently racing at THR, SAS, and CC, use the rules that were in effect at the Oktoberfast/SS Championships/Spectacular rather than the ones posted here.  I don't think the mini clutch, aftermarket body, crate motor, or weight jacks are allowed at any of the tracks in the SS/Sportsman class, so why allow it for one race?  Just a thought.

I have to agree with Chase, having different rules in the middle of the season for one race is expensive, if nothing else.

JMO

CC has weight jacks

What tire would we run?

I try to be as politically correct as I can when I post here, but I just read the super street rules for CC. The winner for the rules with the most loop holes in them is, CC !!! All I can say is, read them yourself and you make the call.

I'll apologize now, before the CC guys jump all over me. :D

I try to be as politically correct as I can when I post here, but I just read the super street rules for CC. The winner for the rules with the most loop holes in them is, CC !!! All I can say is, read them yourself and you make the call.

I'll apologize now, before the CC guys jump all over me. :D

EAST COAST, why dont you buy CCMS and make the rules they way you like them.....

i will try to clear some of it up. allen called me on monday and said he had a good idea, run a outlaw race for street stock type cars. pay a decent purse, open the rules up so that all of our cars in texas can run, as well as some teams from other states. this is allens idea, he is not putting this race on. sas and allen are in talks of running this outlaw race, and the rules we put up were just to get imput from DRIVERS that may or may not be interested in a race of this type. it is an outlaw super stock race. basically no one has to change rules, run your track rules for a sportsman/street stock/super stock. let the trucks run, bolt on some lead and lets go racing. thr cars can run the 970, cc can run their tires, sas cars can run their tires, or they can all run american racers. we didnt intend for people to disect the rules as they have not been discussed with sas. just wanted to get imput, and idea of how many cars would possibly show up, that way a decesicion could be made as to weather or not go through with it. with that in mind, how many of the texas drivers would run an outlaw superstock race.

big john

Archived