Who's left?

Jason

GB,

You are dead on about bringing in other forms of entertainment. Look at the Champ Car World Series. In 2 or 3 years they've gone from Bankruptcy to a comeback and that is exactly what they do. Its a 3 day festival atmosphere at their races.

how did you do

how many people do you

ask to come to see you race .alot of them come in to the store to get discount tickets . [ why ]

it cost more.to take a family to the races than a

m ovie .used to be the other way around .so i .say drop .

gate to 5 dallars raise con cession .price alittle .to offset the gate .poeple dont seam to mind paying for food drinks.they have that option .they dont if they cant get in the .gate. have somthing for the kids.they bring out parents.valume selling .i would rather have 1000 people.

buying . food at 5 dollar gate than 500 at 8.dollar gate

I got free tickets to a hocky game a couple months ago, went to get a beer 5 bucks! What the crap? I would rather pay more to see a good show than a 5 dollar beer. Food and drink should be more but not that much. Pay for the show at the gate not the food , I am not going back to one of those hocky games unless somebody is buying the food and drink, anyway Neon Will

ok people dont forget that cc did close several times . donnie had closed it then mike reopened it but anyway you guys need to talk to owen and doc cause it seems that the dirt track is moving along at a fast pace. it seems the races are over by 10 pm so get owen to run the thunders early so the dirt guys have enough time to get to ccms for the feature there then you could run both tracks make double the money

its all preference.........i have been to spurs games and it costs a lot more than the races, but i would rather be at the races.........its hard to compete against the spurs, the rampage the missions, retama park $0.50 fridays.........too many other choices in town and most people dont know there is a race track in town, and when you mention there is one in town they think you are talking about alamo dragway........

• 11 months later...

More funny stuff.This was the conversation one year ago and the facts still remain.

I have two good ideas for CC Speedway if they care to listen.First,they need a mobile stage.An old cotton trailer or something like that.Wire it up for amps,etc and either use an extension cord or a generator for juice.Then get live bands to perform on this mobile stage after practice and before the firse race.Fans can get their food and drinks while being entertained.Many bands will play for free or cheaply for the publicity.Play the right kind of music and you set the stage for the races.Probably rockabilly or something with emphasis on POWER.They can even play the National Anthem.Then tow the trailer out of the way and run all the heats,etc Then roll the mobile stage back to the front straight and let the band perform for 20 to 30 minutes while the racers get ready,the fans get more food and drinks and the officials and safety crews get a needed break all the while the fans get a free concert.Again the correct music can set the stage for excitment for the feature races.Anyone in the entertainment profession knows music is the BEST mood setting medium.Get these people fired up.Party time!!!!!Everybodys fresh for the final stage of the nite.After halftime set the stage up in the pits near where the drivers meetings are and let the fans come to the pits after the races for more music , while they visit with the racers, getting autographs & pictures and see the cars.The consession stand can sell whatever food is left over plus more drinks.This is when most drivers and crews are starving.I know this for a fact. THE BAND CAN SET UP A tip JAR.This will not make a huge difference in the length of the show.If I wanted to be home at 10 o'clock,i wouldnt leave the house in the first place.

aLL THIS CAN BE DONE WITH VERY LITTLE INVESTMENT,IN FACT i BET THERE WOULD BE VOLINTEERS TO HELP WITH THE MUSIC PART OF THE SHOW.mAYBE GET SPONSERS TO PAY THAT PART.Oops,hit caps lock again.

The second idea is to have 2 ANNOUNCERS.Its tough for a one person deal to keep the show going especially under a long caution.I know we have had great announcers but if they had a partner I bet they can do even more by talking about the stories of the nite,last race and through the year.Every sporting event has 2 or more announcers that are a big part of the overall prodution.Ham it up,talk about the good guys and the bad guys,have difference of opinions.Remember people this is a SHOW.Time to make it one.This is just a couple of little things that can create a friendly and party atmosphere without a lot of money.After seeing the turnout at Shawn's Expo,people are ready to have fun.Get it on. Thumper

GB IM SURPRISED YOU DONT REMEMBER THERE WAS A STAGE AT CC WHERE THE PIT STANDS ARE ,THEY USE TO HAVE A FEW BANDS PLAY THERE .DRIVER MEETINGS WHERE HELD THERE ,. THE ONLY REALL DOWN FALL FROM WHERE THE STAGE WAS .IT WAS IN TURN FOUR . AND THE PITS WERE IN TURN ONE .SO NOONE WOULD SPEND MUCH TIME THERE .BUT I DO LIKE YOUR IDEALS ...WOULD YOU PUT ON A CLOWN OUTFIT .IF I DID AND INTERTAIN EVERY ONE AT HALF TIME ..

Archived