Who's left?

Jason

How much racing experience do you have Jason? Have you ever raced at CC? Ever raced at STS? How would you know any better than an average fan? Stay in your seat and keep typing. LOL I know this will be deleted but this is exactly why you have no reason being a moderator, much less anything else at this site.

CC is the only racing venue in this area that has consistently been OPEN to race at! Not drag racing,motocross, or any DIRT track.I'm glad people who aren't happy now have a choice but that is no reason to badmouth CC or the RACERS who choose to race there. Unless YOU have something better to offer than that, I would suggest you use your time to promote the track of your choice.You really don't make yourself look any better by putting someone else down.I don't badmouth any racer for choosing to run whereever they want.The more racers( no matter what or where ) the better!there are damn few of us as there is without all this BULL! WE NEED to WORK together to promote ALL kinds of RACING!

I grew up in West Tenn. with a drag strip,2 dirt tracks & a motocross track within 25 miles.Thurs. & friday nights dirt,Sat. night drags.& sunday afternoon MX. 56 Studebaker hobby stock,61 Falcon sedan delivery with 65 mustang GT drivetrain & Hodaka Ace 100 dirt bike & some weeks during the summer we ran them all. Same people would turn up a lot of the time. By choosing to run both tracks on Sat. nights.little chance of that here. Only way I could run dirt here is in someone elses car cause I can't justify having a dirt car to run sometimes. And this isn't the first time this has happened & CC is still here. Sorry but I can't support STS in their effort to hurt CC cause I feel it hurts all racers in the end.

Iwish STS well & really hope both tracks prosper!& believe it or not, STS will lose some racers when CC opens!

Hey Pappy, I have not posted on CC because it is not my business any more but I would like to make a comment to you, STS is not making an effot to hurt CC. Since I opened the dirt track I have not asked any CC driver to come race at STS and not go to CC, I tell every one to go race and have fun no matter where it is at.

I wish CC the best.

Thanks

Owen Pittman

Glad to here that ,Owen.But choosing to run on the same night will hurt BOTH tracks. & while you might not be pursuing drivers from CC , this just divides those available. As I stated before I can't be at both at the same time. I wouldn't support CC if the situation were reversed ,either! Dividing the driver/fan base will damage both tracks bottom line. It always has.

I understand your concerns Pappy and think this is the right time to get the message out about our run/brung race.This IS the oppourtunity for ALL 4 cyls to band together and support a race especially designed for 4cyls.Owen has agreed to have the 18th a nite off for the Thunder guys as a gesture of goodwill to minis so everybody can be a part of not just a race,but an entire weekend dedicated to 4 cyls of all diciplins to paticipate without changing the car.This is what we all say we want so heres our chance.No politics,no conflicts,no BS.To support this race is not an endorsment of the hosting track as much as establishing 4 cys as a bonified class of racing cars.Orelse we deserve to run for chump change and be used as filler whenever any track needs entertainment for the cossession stand.The history this race makes is what we will all have to live with.I plan to race my car exactly as a CC Speedway car because thats the organization Im representing.And last place pays $100.I remember not so long ago that was the feature win purse. Thumper

There is one other thing I noticed.With the lower claim rule and the addition of plate cars it will be very easy to have a dirt car and be competetive.A plate car can be built in a couple of weekends from a running salvage unit.As their popularity grows,the expensive cars will be claimed out of competetion and the lesser expensive cars will flourish at the dirt track.This puts the race in the drivers hand.The asphalt track has decided to keep the full cage cars as comp models and have a higher claim so evolution will have these as the more expensive cars,a slightly higher level of comp.This makes the quality of the car more important.So it looks like to me you have dirt as the least expensive,asphalt as a medium level.and Pro Sedans as the upper level.This actually means the cars will be somewhat different.I am building a dirt car inexpensive enough to be claimed because I know my CC car will be claimed sooner or later at STS but right now I am trying to support the dirt because its open now.Like you I would really like to race both but what can we do?In my opinion,race dirt if you only want to race for fun and not make a huge commimentment,race asphalt if you are more serious and want a greater challange with speed,or race Pro Sedans if you want to go all out.Looks like we may have 3 choices afterall.This is for 4 cyl cars.And this is only my opinion.Your right about the fact that we all need to recrute new teams for whever we decide to race and I think there are enough people to have a full field of minis at both tracks and an occasional big race at eather track for us all.What has worked for us in the past is mutual respect and the common desire to help racing whenever we can.It will work again.And maybe we can take turns with which track we all go to party at after the races.All I see is good things for this year for everybody.Who the heck has time to fuede. :D

i have raced dirt to i like both but when you knock a driver. who what type of track he runs on thats just plain

stupid .no class .if that kind of trash turns a person on they have my and every ones else.es blessing to stay home . both tracks dont need that kind [ b.s ]

oldtimer,

I assume you are one of the many people that grew up out at CCMS. Thats fine and there are a lot of people like that. Several months ago I thought the same as you and champ1946 about things with 2 tracks opening up. Tracks these days can barely even stay open and breaking even is often a successful year for these guys. Don't believe me? Look at the condition of some of these tracks. If these guys made money, CCMS would be one clean looking place. Just like you guys I want to see a track in Corpus succeed and promote racing like it deserves to be promoted. Corpus is a city FULL of racers. Here is the problem though. We all witnessed last season a decline in the number of people in the stands and cars on the track. A huge reason would be Corpus now has other things to do on Saturday night! (IE CC Hooks, and events at American Bank Center). Now with 2 tracks open the fans in the stand are cut in half and now the racers are split. South Texas Speedway has a full dirt mod field, and a limited mod field that doubled in size. There are a bunch of those things being built in town and that class is growing all over Texas. 90% of those guys won't race their cars on asphalt. I guess what I am trying to say is I rather see full fields of racecars putting on a show than 3 or 4 cars in each class running around in circles. Having the old track open is just delaying the inevitable. Most people don't like change. It’s more progress than change.

Jason

ok isee what your saying yess ihave been going to cc for 45 years or so there has been 3 dirt track sence cc open.ed.none have servived .and i hope both do .i whish

all good luck but the same thing happend then as now both tracks can have car count riverside had a. ton of cars .i ran there.cc had a ton of cars .i dont look at these two tracks in away thats defeating . each others perpose .attualy my speeling sucks today .i see them as bringing more cars out of the garage . more drivers . and with car count comes more fans it goes hand in hand . and if both tracks do there pr work with the help. of drivers they can both servive.i believe it .cant yahh

Jason once again your mouth is getting ahead of your brains. just because you know how to put up a website dont mean you know whats going on in racing. it's not a bad thing to be a wannabee but most of them know not to spout off when they really dont know what their talking about.

that paved track has been there a long time. just because last year was not the best one for the paved track you think you the dirt track is going to put the asphalt track out of businss. seems to me that the dirt track has been through quite a few closings in the past while the paved track kept right on rolling along. time will tell the story but in the mean time why not support both tracks and stop trying to put the paved track down.

Jason,I dont think CC Speedway is going to close just because you think it will.Oldtimer is right as well as Pappy,CC has a good following.And you are right about Modifieds and Limiteds are going to hilight the dirt.What I dont hear from anyone is what to do to bring more people to the track.Ive said it before and especially now,CHANGE THE SHOW.Add things that will make people intrested.Music,games,contests,gocarts racing,game room,car shows,girls,and whatever makes a carnival athmosphere for the entire family at a price a family can afford.Feed them,entertain them they will return.Something for every family member.When a track becomes an outdoor sports arena it will succede.Try to run the same old 50 year old show full of premodanas and people will not come.Believe me,people want to be entertained but want to be involved.My message to Owen and Doc is,HIRE A PROMOTER,hopefully one that doesnt know anything about racing.And lets get those live bands out there now.I bet there are plenty of good start up bands who would play free or cheap just to have a chance to have an audience.Hey,theres an idea,a battle of the bands.Whats your ideas Jason? Thumper

Archived