Jimmie Johnson caught cheating

REBELRACER

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Crew chief Chad Knaus faces possible suspension for altering the height of the rear window in driver Jimmie Johnson's car before Sunday's qualifying for the Daytona 500.

Johnson's qualifying speed that ranked fifth was disallowed, which will force him to start from the back in the first of Thursday's two Gatorade 150 qualifying races that set positions 3 through 43 in the 500.

man that sure is a shame...........hahaha

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So its disallowed-now he starts in the back-wow-it's the first of the year,nascar should set the standard now, so the rest of them teams get the big picture-Bet you if they said"you cheated,your team is out of the 500,take it home",the rest of the teams would of had the deer staring in the headlites look,and would of said,"they mean business this year".

Speaking of Daytona, I watched the Bud Shootout yesterday with a certain amount of amusement. During the first half of the race, that 5 car was at the front, swerving all over the place, blocking people.

By the time the race ended he finished 14th, last car in the lead pack. He couldn't find anybody to draft with. Hope he learned something by that!

"NASCAR officials said someone illegally altered the rear window on Johnson's Chevrolet after it passed through pre-qualifying inspection."

Yes, The crew chief is responsable but saying the driver didnt know anything about it is a little far fetched. At that level of racing the driver has to know everything that has been done to that car. What I dont understand is how the change to the rear window was made without an offical seeing it. Im sure you dont just tighten or loosen a bolt to change the angle of it. Once the car came off tech it went to the line to qualify. Nascar has people watching over the cars while they are in line. Sounds like someone either missed it in tech or an offical watching the cars wasnt doing their job. Am I missing something here? :blink:

thats good that knaus is ejected, that serves him right........you would think the pre qualifying tech would have caught the window problem, but oh well.........as far as the 5 car goes, he was driving like his brother.........hahaha.......but what a hell of a save by mark martin...........he should have crashed into the 26 and caused a big one, but like true mark martin he saved it.........would like to see him win the 500 this year........

i dont see why they even allow johnson to run the qualifying race............he still has the chance to start 3rd for the 500.........they should make him start last for the 500, that would be a little more reasonable than the 150 race......any other track he would have to start last in the race, the 500 shouldn't be any different since it is the actual race..........

Like any BIG busineess its all politics and $$$. I say take the car and the backup car and tell the whole team "See ya in 4 weeks". If it happens again tell the owners to pack up ALL their cars and crews until next year. If something isnt done the teams that can afford the fines are going to keep doing this type of thing. jmo

thats good that knaus is ejected, that serves him right........you would think the pre qualifying tech would have caught the window problem, but oh well.........as far as the 5 car goes, he was driving like his brother.........hahaha.......but what a hell of a save by mark martin...........he should have crashed into the 26 and caused a big one, but like true mark martin he saved it.........would like to see him win the 500 this year........

I watched them "BEAT THE HECK OUT OF THE WINDOW BRACES" at PIR in 2004 for 10 minutes...

On a side note, Ray Everham said last year " It's up to Us to CHEAT! It's up to NASCAR to catch Us!"

I wonder where(who) he learned that from?

i'll start by saying i am NOT a 48 fan.......in fact now that hot rod is gone he(johnson) is my least favorite.........BUT,,,,,this is a sport where performance really pays the bills........everyone is cheating , just they got caught (again).

it's nascars job to set the rules - it's the crew chiefs job to massage them.

but i'll say this...........if your cheating that much and the little fairy foot still can't put it on the pole?????? it's time to start looking back at that stack of driver resumes.

Archived