Fords

see86go

Wasn't there a companion falcon to this car in Austin, a white #19 maybe?

Yes, there was, owned by Frank Ferris. Ferris colors were red and white. Door number here is probably yellow.

Now, I am pretty sure the 42 and 19 are the same car. Buddy Woodall and Frank Ferris were related by marriage; and Woodall bought most of the cars he raced from Ferris. I would venture to say that Woodall got this car after Ferris went to the late 60's chevelle that had both Stanley and Bill White in it at various times.

There is a guy who used to post here on Speedzone as "Nathan", and Woodall and Ferris were his grandfathers. Ferris went through different cars faster than Woodall did. Maybe Nathan will see this and clarify what is written.

The #19 here is captioned as Jerry Stanley driving, but I cannot confirm that. Ferris himself may be in it.post-21-1343860459.jpg

• 4 months later...
Buddy Woodall - I believe he was the Champion in Austin in this car:

42-woodall.jpg

he won championships with that car in austin and I believe san antonio. he also won a championship in the falcon on dirt in killeen. that would be the last track for it to be raced. back then killeen had a huge drop off on the back stretch with bolders at the bottom. he got push over the back and when he hit the bolder it bent the passanger front upright between the cage and roof. they fixed it years later for terry to race at killeen and the same thing happened again. after that it set at the house until (due to the fact that I didn't listen to grandma) he passed and it was crushed when we close the used parts yard down. The car had so much of him in it that my grandma couldn't have it around, too many memories, but if I would have listened and put it on my trailer I would still have it. on a side note the motor in the car was a ford but with certain chevorlet pieces in them.

Wasn't there a companion falcon to this car in Austin, a white #19 maybe? I almost bought that car from a couple in NW Austin in 76, lady said they were getting out of racing after a real nice 73 Mach 1 they built for speedorama had been stolen, never found, and they were just devastated.

the car was originally built by my grandpa frank ferris then my grandpa buddy woodall purchased it and in his works " I rebuilt it from the ground up and fixed it right" it was on his property until he passed and they crushed it while cleaning up. I do not believe that frank ever built a second one.

Archived