TEXAS

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Want to read a clairvoient's account of the game ......................... written before it was played? Go to ............ my.yahoo.com ..................... click on headline "Texas Stuns USC to winNational Title" ................... then click on Stewart Mandel of Sports Illustrated. Amazing how his description of what he thinks the game will be like and why Texas will win matches what actually happened. Then he pegs the spread!........................

As of this morning, that article has been moved, but you can still find it by clicking "all analysts" under "more opinions", then clicking "Why Texas will win".

Edited by Budman

Well I got to say I was part of me was pullin for USC but part of me wanted Texas to win. At least it was a good game and not a blow out. Now if everyone would just show this much emotion when the baseball team wins the national championship again for the third time in as many years it would be nice.

Way to go Texas, and man I am so happy for Mack Brown.

He restored this program amd brought us all back, I wonder what all the firemackbrown.com folks are thinking this morning.

Pete Carroll is a class act, Lienert (however thats spelled) is a poor loser.

Stay with us one more year #10!!!

Texas got 14 points worth of bad calls during a 3 point win.

Young is an incredible football player.

Jay

I have to say, there were some pretty crappy calls, which may have given Texas (at least) 7 extra points. BUT, in all fairness, there were equally crappy calls on the USC side which gave them the ball in a couple instances which ended up allowin SC to put point on the board as well. So, in all fairness, the ref's/clock keeper's were equally crappy to both teams and Texas is still THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!! :D:D

longhorns.jpg.w300h225.jpg

tower-academic-light.jpg

1130 total yards between the 2 teams..... Young had 467 yrds.......

BigFat,

Young had the highest completion percentage in the Nation. He will be a top ranked QB in the NFL. He was 30-40 passing and only took off running after he went thru all his progressions and noone was open.....

young had a good game and we cant take that away from him but he will not be an elite qb or much less any qb in the nfl. He will be another kordell stewart or antowan(sp) randel el. He will be a receiver in the nfl.

So, If Young leaves college he will prob be the #1 pick in the nfl draft..... A team will pick him as the #1 pick to be a utility player? He is a better nfl QB right now then M. Vick.

if he leaves for the draft this year he will be chosen second over reggie bush........i like vince young better than bush because he is more of a team player and not a self centered egotist.........during all the heisman interviews, young diverted the attention from himself and back to the team........i hope vince plays with texas for one more year, of coarse if does leave and is selected first, the texans could definitely use a good qb..........

Guest noclutch

It is not fair that Texas won the championship. Their trainging facilites, equipment and number of coaches are superior to those of TSU at San Marcos. They should have caps on the spending so teams like TSU can compete.

Its a joke, great game Steers.

Edited by noclutch

There were bad calls going both ways for The Horns... I have to say Young is much more of a class act than Leinart. What's this " we are a much better team than they are, they just made better plays..." Talk about a sore loser... I thought he was going to through a fit after the review of the interception against him...

All that aside, I thought USC played a great game... Going into half time, I thought The Horns had the momentum to carry them and they would pull away... Didn't Happen...

Way To Play Ball Horns!!!

Edited by KISS_Racing