Different type of cars

supertx

With all the talk about crate engines I was wondering if anybody would be intrested in the Ford Focus midgets.To take it one step farther what about asphalt sprint cars? DISCLIAMER not trying to delute any of the other series just on a fact finding mission if anybody likes open wheel cars.

For some reason I remember midgets running at SAS once I think it was when I was young but cant remember might have been the Super Sprinters but iunno... I would love to see that type of open wheel racing at any of our tracks... Would be just another way to draw spectators... Only drawback is that its real expensive to bring in a show like that... But then again these days what isnt expensive lol...

Amen to that 97car. All that beatin & bangin just ain't necessary for good racin'. Somewhere along the line, when they said beat your fellow competitor to the checkered flag, somebody took it as meanin' literally. Guess that all started about the same time they put fenders back on 'em.

I think that it's great that locals will be able to run against the national guys.Maybe somebody can inlight me to some of the big names in ASA late models don't believe I know any of them.Now if USAC would come in sprints Dave Steel,Jay Drake ,Levi Jones Midgets you could see guys like Josh Wise,Jerry Coons,Dave Darling

just to name a few.And don't forget the ones that came out of these cars and still ownes a few teams Tony Stewart,Jeff Gordon,Ryan Newman,J J Yeley and a few I can't remember.Seams like to me if you have a chance to move to the Pro status these are the cars that the new drivers are coming from.JMO.

Thats why Erik Darnell, Matt McCall, Stephen Leicht, and Justin Dierks all got deals this past off season to move up and they came from LM's. Denny Hamlin also came from LM's. The path on getting to NASCAR is shifting from USAC and its about time. I bet we see more people get deals out of the CRATE series in the next few years.

Archived