New Late Model Design

txtom

A few threads back, I talked about the turbofan technology we had incorporated into the engine we run in Bandit's car at San Antonio.

Well, I am proud to announce that we have come up with a new chassis design that will revolutionize late model racing as we know it. It was designed as a direct competitor to Nick's invisible thin air chassis.

Reviewing the rule book, we saw that 4 wheels are required; it just doesn't say where they gotta be.

It also has specific rules about the body, but none if you have no body.

And to those who think the engine is offset too much to the left; you are incorrect. The engine is in the proper location. The rules state where the engine has to be, but not necessarily where various parts of the chassis have to be in relation to the engine.

If you remember, we had calculated the amount of forward thrust in Bandit's car that was contributed by effective use of the "suck and blow" phenomenom that allows jet engines to work as they do. Well, after a quart of warm water, a section of garden hose. and a $200 bill from 44SS's proctologist, we have retrieved the microchip with that data, and we used that data to design the unique exhaust on this car.

Some will notice what they think is injector stacks on the engine; it is merely a cleverly disguised carbuerator.

We have tested this car at a secret track, and results were astonishing. We will keep the results to ourselves at this time.

Stay tuned for new developments.

What do you think so far?

post-2-1134889350_thumb.jpg

PAPA,

Those are actually legal tires, but we restenciled them. Makes folks think we are trying to pull a fast one on them.

If they look a little big, well, they actually started out the correct 27.5 X 10 size, but we kinda "stretched" them a little. You be surprised how much you can grow a tire at 160 PSI in a bakng oven.....................

All of this is what we call "thinking out of the box."

Edited by txtom

txtom

WOW...you guys are good. That oven even allowed the rims to grow too. You might want to check that left motor mount. I think your motor has fallen over a little. And you might want to install some kind of "ELBOW" guard next to that center wheel. That could leave a mark. Also, what type body do you plan on running? :lol::lol:

TxTom says that center set of tires is actually an optical illusion. They use mass-hypnotism to trick everyone - including the tech team - into thinking there are six tires on the thing when there are actually only four. Ha Ha Ha..

Nick Holt

Tommy,

Those hairdryers are a great idea, we would need to in corporate them into the exhaust ahead of the unique nozzles that replace the collectors on this car.

PAPA,

What body? Remember, the rules book governs the template bodies. It has no rules for if you have no body........

And you are correct; Steel expands when it is heated. But it contracts when cooled. We use a proprietary method of heating and cooling to reduce the shrinkage.

Nick,

We looked into mass-hyptonism to get past that stellar technical team that Terry Dickerson has assembled, but we noticed that hypnosis produced weird side effects, even after the person is taken off it. Lingering side effects caused one of the tech officials to try to find his future bride in a Florida Waffle House.

But we have discovered that a few simple coloring books and crayons works better, is more effective, and they really appreciate that you think enough of them to do it.

You know, we should test whether coloring books and crayons would work on drivers.............

Budman,

That British design is a result of Eddy's kart racing in Europe all those years.

Tx Tom,

I am just curious where you found this picture. I seem to remember reading a rather long article about this car quite a while ago (SCR maybe). It intrigued me. I am just interested in the history. If I remember correctly, it was built and was rather fast (even faster than a typical super modified) but outlawed before it was ever raced. Do you know or have any more info on it?

Thanks,

Tim

Edited by Whitey741

Alright, I'll let you in on the real story.

And for those who PM'd or emailed me about how I photoshopped that pic, it aint photoshop, it's the real deal.

It is actually a supermodified built by a guy named Kenny Reece out of Ohio. It was designd and built in 1979.

Some of the more unusual things about it were that the single left wheel, and the right center wheel were the drive wheels.

The front and rear right wheels did the steering, and they were variable from each other.

This car was tested by Tim Richmond, and was outlawed before it ever turned a race lap.

Here is a link to some more pictures:

Pictures

The pic of the car on the track is at Sandusky, Ohio. The guy sitting in the car, and tuning it is Reece, and hopefully, ya'll recognize Richmond.

This link is to a reprint of the original article that appeared in the old Open Wheel magazine.

Article

Keep in mind, this article site has a ton of pop up ads. If you have a pop up blocker, you will have to temporarily disable it to view the article. It is worth it if you like the technical side of things.

This was a car far ahead of it's time, but it does not exist anymore. Shortly after being banned from running anywhere in the country, Reece cut it up.