Some new old pics

PAPA

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The #1 car was John O'neal. That was from 2000 when Octoberfast got rained out. The first weekend they tried running it, they got all the Thursday and Friday part of the show in. On friday night during super latemodel practice, O'neal was here in the K.C Colors car and hit the wall hard going into three. They loaded up and left that night, then the race ended up getting rained out Saturday. He came back two or three weeks later when they made the race up, sat fast time I believe, led for a while and broke.

Guest RandyBorlace

# 7 was my uncle Buck Borlace at Texas World in Henry Moctejano's camaro. # 13 was him in his 1st car, i think its called a vespa.... not sure on names of # 10 but Buck is in the orange car you can barely see...

Well you want to know what happened to that pretty car? Going into the second to the last race in the 2001 season, he was leading the NASCAR WRS National Championship Points. At the start of the race I think he was lined up on the second or third row outside. At the drop of the green flag someone got into him going into turn one and moved him up into the marbles. He tried to gain control and as he came down exiting turn 2, he and the 14 got together and he went for a wild ride. The car got cut in half and he finished last out of 20 something cars. He lost his chance at the National Championship and his car. Luckily he walked away with only bumps and bruises. He raced someone else's ride in the last race finishing 4th or 5th. Oh and by the way, that 14 car was the KC Colors car he wrecked at SAS.

post-30-1134466189_thumb.jpg

Yes he races dirt at Lakeside Speedway in Kansas for the last 3-4 years. The last time he raced late models was in 02' at I-70. Clint Bowyer won the track Championship that year with 2 feature wins and John had 10 feature wins, but lost the points battle by a slim margin. He was in the points lead and think Clint wrecked him in that last race, bet he was pissed. He said if he gets an asphalt program together again, he would like to come race here again, if it's a big race, he liked the track. There's only one asphalt track in his area(I-70) and think the new track management and he and sponsors have differences so he quit racing there.

Archived