Some new old pics

PAPA

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeff Garvin has asked me to post some pics for him. Here is the note he sent along with the pics.

Nick Holt

Nick,

Here are some photo's from South Texas Speedway , Can you post these for me ?

Not sure on all the names, I know some of them .

I believe these were taken in 96 but not totally sure, They were mixed in my files.

These were when me and Gary Downing were the photographers there since the opening.

I appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jeff Garvin

post-30-1134413807_thumb.jpg

I'm thinking its O'neal too. If it is, he ran off and hid the first half of that race. Then I think I remember reading somewhere he blew a head gasket and had to pull off. I've wondered at October-fasts since then if he might show up again.

Hey, what's with those South Texas Speedway cars? Don't they know you have to turn the wheel to the left to make a proper left turn? :P

the # 1 is o neal. He ran the kc colors car the first year or two then the price choppers after that. I think he actually broke in practice when it was the price choppers car and didnt get to run the race. Positive its him cause he ran some asa races with price choppers as the sponsor

Randy Borlace has asked me to post a bunch of old pics for him.

Nick, can you please post these pics for me in the picture thread that was started in the history section? thanks Randy Borlace some are from texas dirt, pan american, cc, TWS, and i am sure longhorn or odessa is in there too, thanks Randy Borlace

post-30-1134438051_thumb.jpg

Archived