Kurt Busch, reckless? no way !

legacy47

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK so we complain about them taking it to hard on a celebrity that is drinking and driving whether it was above or below the limit but yet then we complain they don't take enough action on other celebrities? Paris Hiltons little boy toy ran into a parked truck peeled out all on film wasted and when they get pulled over they have someone sober in the car they can drive and everything is fine n dandy... The legal limit of .08 doesn't matter EVERYONE has a different level to me you shouldn't drive after .01 but JMO. I know someone that can drink just about all day long and would still be able to drive hours on end or even race for that matter.... He ran a stop sign got pulled over smell alcohol your gonna get something said whether you are high class or not! Tell me how you feel when someone you love is killed by a drunk driver even though the level was .023

It would piss me off if they were at .000 :angry: .

Nobody should drink and drive.Especially a 150 mile trip at 4AM. :ph34r: I also know what its like to deal with a small town cop or county sherrif who thinks he is the law when in reality he only represents the law.Hard to respect someone who acts like a jerk on eather side.JMO <_<

a lawyers job is to convict or defend by what ever means they have. a police officers job is to uphold the law. am i right. i cant wait till the dash camera video is released, just to find out who is at the wrong i would bet the officer does not get out of the car running his mouth off. if you break the law and get caught it is no bodies fault but your own. i am sure KB realizes his mistake and would probably handle it different now if he could.

Wow,

I guess we have to blame it on someone! I think Sadaam did it. He wanted to take down the American system of government by destroying a Nascar Nextel Cup driver.

HMMMMMM?

It seems that everyone is pointing the finger at the cops or the lawyers or the press. I think we can all agree that there are good and bad people in every proffession. If we have no faith in the system then what is left?

Bad lawyers vs good cops, Good lawyers vs bad cops. And we all know the press is crooked! The deciding factor in this whole thing is a jury of your peers. It is their job to decide who is wrong and who is right or who is guilty and who is not..

I know this is just a disscussion but lets not get personal. There are both cops and lawyers who will stand up for whats right and there will more than likely be a time in each of our lives where we need one or the other.

I guarantee when that time comes you be wanting the best!

Get over it guys and let this thing play out!

Tim

Man I see a battle brewing between the law and the lawyer!!!! LMAO This should be interesting!!! :lol::lol:

Coming from personal experience, ANYTIME, ANYONE has the smell of alcohol on them, they are "suspected" of DWI. Suspected and convicted are NOT the same! You can also be UNDER the legal limit and STILL get a DWI, too!! Seen it happen. It's all in how the present yourself to the officer involved. If you're staggering, slurring speech, etc. no matter what your blood alcohol is. If you act like an ass, you'll end up with anything else that can be tagged on you.

You want to talk about unlawful traffic stops(2 MPH over limit, no turn signal to change lanes when there's noone within a 1/4 mile, no front lisence plate despite not having a place or bracket for one, rolling stops even though I know I didn't.......I could keep going,) unwarranted car searches(I'm sorry a bogus traffic stop is hardly due cause!), just ask me I get it all the time!!! Long hair, sports car(Red no less)----I must be a drug dealer. Funny thing is look at the major drug dealers now days. I don't see any lawyers or reverend Jesse coming to my side or screaming about profiling to defend me.!!!!!

Trying to accuse everyone of blame besides Kurt is ludicrous.......he done @#$%ed up one too many times and finally got caught. Think he's an angel???? His personal suite at the TMS Dirt Track is right next to the Media suite. Seen him do plenty of partying during NASCAR weekend at TMS. I'm a major Roush racing fan, but Kurt has signed his own ticket out long before this. This was just the straw that broke the camels back. JMHO

Did Jayski have the correct information before they did a report? As was mentioned a few posts ago..."we all know the press is crooked." I'd like to see dash-cam video too! KB was not charged with DUI; the officer said he smelled alcohol...that is enough for him to think Busch had been drinking and give him cause to check his BAC.

Then again, maybe that officer had money on the race...who knows!?

KB was not given a DUI because it was reported the breathalyzer machine that tests it at the holding facility (which happened to be at the track) was broken or wasnt working properly (don't remember which). I can also attest for some of the profiling Jay had espescially the no licence on the front bumper one... KB unfortunately has had his run in's on and off the track and this last one was the straw that broke Roush's back...

This is true only the two people involved will really know. To answer McCrum's question as far as why the Sheriff didnt say what the blood alcohol level is he did. This was reported last night on XM's channel on Radio Wide Open. He has been the only one that I have heard it on. So as far as why the cops didn't say it they did the media has failed to report all of the facts.

Respect! Something KB has made clear he LACKS;for the sport where he makes a living ,the people in it & his sponsors.As for the license plate on your car, in Tx. front plates are req. by law.If you have a frame it must not cover TEXAS on the plate.Yes, it's stupid but it is all that is needed to pull you over. Just don't give them a reason & you won't be pulled over. And being polite does help most of the time, but not every time.

I totally agree with the if you're polite you'll get a warning or a get the hell outa here and slow your ass down situation. I've been pulled over probably about 26 times. I've only had about 4 tickets written that includes SAPD, DPS and Bexar County Sherrifs officers. Yes sir, No sir and the truth were more the likely the reason for that. Not to mention I'm one hell of a nice guy. I've got several family members that are police officers and we've discussed some of their stops and the most important things to them are politeness and the truth. It goes a long way. Not to mention keeping a box of Crispy Cremes in the back seat, just in case the other two fail. Just kidding CS. If you act like a "P"word your chances diminish drastically and will more than likely get you some extra fines that you never even knew were laws.

Pappy, first I have no problem with the laws(which I was unaware of to boot), but the way I was treated. I was between the motel and TMS in Southlake. The cop passed me, slowed, pulled over on the shoulder, then pulled me over when I passed him. When made aware of my "serious" offense, I showed the cop my other plate in the back floorboard. Even told him that I was unaware it was a law, and if it was the law why was there no plate bracket on the front(which he agreed was stupid), and that I really didn't want to drill holes in my NEW car.

I was continuously made to feel like drug dealer with his line of questioning, request to search my car(which he did), and threats of bringing the dope dogs in.

I'm sorry but there was absolutely no grounds for his search, detainment or attitude, other than my long hair. That's is profiling no matter how you slice it!!!!! :angry: Plus he scared the @#$% out of Marc on top of things :lol:

And despite my anger over the B/S stop I was cooperative!

I'm sorry but there was absolutely no grounds for his search, detainment or attitude, other than my long hair. That's is profiling no matter how you slice it!!!!! :angry:

There they go again! Those dirty cops, profiling the white man! ;)

Reb, actually he just messed with you to pad his number of "white" stops. :lol: Plus that dang hair!

Sorry man, just messin' with you. I know you didn't think it was too funny at the time. Hopefully the edge has worn off by now.

ss99, no offense taken. :) And I meant none myself. I knew what was going on, get it all the time where I live. It just gets old after a while, ya know. Pad his white man traffic stops. LMAO :lol:

All the people blaming everyone but Busch just kinda set me off. Especially the scenerios that is was the cops fault, or the reply from McCrum.

arts22, no a 2004 Mustang, had no holes, brackets, or anything. They didn't like my Firebird before that either. LOL

Isn't Maracopa County where the sherrif makes the inmates wear pink jumpsuits, live in tents and they get no TV or phone calls?

Archived