Kurt Busch, reckless? no way !

legacy47

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry I hurt your feelings. Edit me I don't give a ...

Bourne I no longer own this site in case you haven't noticed.

You didnt hurt my feelings at all, thats real hard to do, edit you, not my job on here, and my user name was right above, at least spell it right, hope I didnt hurt your feeling either, and no I havnt noticed but it does say admin. under your icon, plus I really dont care there either, just posted a reply and some take it persoal, not my intent there either.

I'm glad that Roush suspended him, atleast that will show to America that racers and raceteams hold their people accountable for their mistakes. If you what to act like an a$$ be a football or basketball player. And yes I have driven drunk and made lots of mistakes but I don't make a living doing what I love and getting paid millions for it. And since it's OK to say it, prick, prick, prick, prick. How's that Nick.

Kurt Busch has to be the worst example of a NASCAR CHAMPION in the history of NASCAR. Absolutely the worst representative the sport has ever had as far as attitude toward the sanctioning body, the racers, and the fans. I hope Penske has fun trying to cover his butt after all of the stuff that he does. In Roush's interview, he said he waited and got all of the facts before he made his decision to suspend him. THen when Busch releases his statement, he said it wasn't alcohol related. I'd say he's a liar and deserves what he got.

What Kurt did on Friday probably has been equaled and more than likly exceeded by many other drivers in the past. True, he has not been the best representative of NASCAR this past year, however, we have had other recent champions that were as bad if not worse than him. Tony Stewart comes to mind during his reign as champion. He had more fights, curse words, and smart remarks that year as anyone. I feel Kurt got what he deserved but many others have not received their just punishment. In Jacks defense, I would imagine that the sponsor made this call. This type of behavior is covered in the sponsor contract with the owner. Tony Stewart was almost fired for his behavior, however, he was not already leaving Joe Gibbs and Joe went to bat for him. More sponsors need to do what this one did. After all, it is their money that these people are playing big shot with.

In Jacks defense, I would imagine that the sponsor made this call.

Everyone is jumping on Roush, but remember, as of Saturday, his statement was as follows:

"I don't plan to take any action myself," said Jack Roush, Busch's team owner

Sunday's decision was made by the sponsors who write the million dollar checks, so let's make sure we are cussing the correct people.

and sfrebel is correct; you can have ONE beer, drive home, have an idiot hit you at a stop sign, and if the cop smells alcohol on you, it is an alcohol related incident.

Maybe one of our board members in law enforcement can expound on this.

Thanks txtom for your input. It has been quite a while but I have a number of years in law enforcement. At that time the alcohol level was required to be .10. That has since been changed to .08. None of these tests that have been discussed earlier are required in order to make a case of driving under the influence. They are only tools available to use to make the case easier to prove. Many other things can cause an officer to file such a case. Things like how you are driving, how you talk, how you act, do you smell like you have been drinking, have you soiled your clothing in any way, etc. Attitude is always a symptom of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If an officer wants he or she may obtain a warrant and take a blood test from the suspect with or without their consent. It just requires common sense in most cases. Lets face it, if 6 beers make you legally drunk, then 1 beer makes you 1/6 drunk.

Blood alcohol is just that----blood alcohol level. You can be 100 pounds or 300 pounds its whats in your blood stream. If you have had more than 2 beers within 30 minutes...you blow -- you go...

number #1 rule .... always be polite to an officer of the law..

My father was a police officer for over 30 years, and yes I had to learn the hard way.

Excellent points, Mike.

While I have never been arrested or investigated for alcohol, I got more than my fair share of other traffic offenses while growing up.

Hmm, can't imagine why they would give a 14 year old a ticket for driving without a license........................

Anway, I was the typical big mouthed teenager with hair to his shoulders, and it didn't make matters any better driving a Firebird. I questioned everything from if the particular cop even knew how to turn on the radar unit to what his particular offense criteria was. Long Hair? Firebird? Younger than 70 and not a white hair? (Well, not back then.......... <_< )

I found out that a little respect and courtesy goes a long way with most cops out there. Yeah, every crate has a bad apple, but the truth of the matter is; they are just doing their job.

I think most cops these days don't have their minds made up about writing the ticket for basic infractions when they approach the offender; but the first few minutes of conversation will make up his mind either way.

I do my share of speeding, been stopped my share of times and have not had a ticket in years simply because I show them a little respect and courtesy.

But then, I have to watch myself in Round Rock since I put the Krispy Kreme decals on Modracer's racecar last year in Houston.

Did I mention he is a Round Rock cop?

The alcohal wasn't the issue,his attitude toward the police was.This would probably make for a good bad boys episode.What ever he said sure fired up that sherrif.But,like she said,he has always been one of the bad boys,and it will surprise me if it changed anytime soon.Remember,he is on top of the world at an immature age,making him untouchable in his own mind.A few more smacks like this one,and maybe he'll hit earth again.

Absolutely TD,

Its all about attitude. I know in my 40+ years of driving i've been stopped for speeding 5 times. Gotten one ticket. Cops are human. When they stop you and walk up to your car window, they are fully trained and prepared to deal with the a$$holes they encounter each day. If however, they find they are being treated with courtesy, dignity and respect they will respond in kind, and appreciate it.

You've got everything to gain and nothing to loose by making their encounter with you as pleasant as possible. Just makes good common sense.

Guest noclutch

Keep in mind, he is the one who quit, like a punk, on Rousch. Rousch was letting him out of his contract early so he could go on down the road. Rousch was not going to over react when he knew the punk was gone in two more races anyway. I am sure the sponsors informed Rousch about the moral part of the Multi million dollar contract they were under, and Rousch decided to go ahead and get rid of the Riff Raff.

Busch is young, he made a mistake, he even said he will live with it, so maybe he will learn and move on.

I agree with Jason, and the other who have said it's about attitutude when they pull you over.

Tx Tom, I will disagree with you that cops don't have there mind made up. I've only been pulled over by the fine Houston Police Dept. ONCE and I was told as soon as I rolled down my window that I was going to be issued a traffic. The office then introduced himself. 75 in a 65 - somewhat going with the flow of the traffic in the left hand lane, on my way to HMP. Still haven't figured that one out..... But I have been pulled over by less than a handful Harris County Deputies, and even 2 state troopers all before I got this ONE ticket from HPD. And on those 4 or 5 times prior to that just being nice goes along way. THings i've found to help are...

If its at night, turn your dome light on. Only after you've powered your car off, and letting your lights turn off. That puts the officer at a great deal of ease.

Before the officer ever gets to say anything, Say hello, and ask how thier day is going.

"good evening sir."

"good evening officer, how are you doing tonight?"

"Can't complain... I'm Deputy< > of the < > and I was just pulling you over for speeding. Do you know how fast you were going?" (They already know so just tell them the honest truth.)

I've always made it a point to maintain direct eye contact. If they start to conversate. Try to keep that going. I've learend that they more they talk to you, the better your chances are for getting off with a written warning, sometimes you get even luckier with a verbal. Harris County Deputies are alot less likely to give you a ticket because of paper work involved. If they can get there point across they'll let ya go. Houston Police..... good luck on that one. Its 90 for Def. Driving deferment, 35 for the class.... ticket is usually 140 or so in Houston.

Archived