Aaron Hudgeons Memorial race delivered!!

arob

What a night at Texana Raceway Park Nov 3! Outside of a way to wet 1 and 2 which delayed things by an hour once things got rolling it was well worth the wait. Many of the top Sportmod and Mod drivers in the state of Texas showed for this special event. If you missed this you missed a good one. But you get another three chances. South Texas Speedway is having a two night special for their Chase for the Championship format they use. This Friday and Saturday night Nov 9 and 10 ought to bring some intense racing between those involved in the Chase. Add to that those who want to win a feature could create a lot of excitement. Excitement ramps up Nov. 15,16 and 17 for the South Texas Shootout with HUGE payouts for Sportmods with $2000 to win on Thursday and Friday nights with the BIG $8900 to win on Saturday night. Additional info such as support classes and gate prices have not been released so check in daily on South Texas Speedway Facebook or southtxspeedway.com for further details. Man , talking about a lot of work racing five nights in 8 days ending with an event that could draw well over 100 cars.So South Texas Speedway will be the place to be the next two weekends for some great racing.

On 11/5/2018 at 8:21 PM, arob said:

Nothing wrong being "stuck" at I-37. They have done a great job all year making it a fun place to go.

I wouldn't say "stuck"...more like committed to the racers/track on championship night.

I just hated missing Aarons race....While he wasn't a close personal friend, per say, he was a great, humble, quiet guy and one of the toughest interviews in any pits.....He did his talking, on the track. 

A great thing for South Texas race fans is the two rookie promoters ,Mr. Whiteaker and Mr. Densman did a great job . Make you eager to see how much better their sophomore seasons are going to be. Mr. Doyon really grew I-37 in his second year , and I bet STS and TRP will too. Hats off to all three gentleman for their efforts and facing all the challenges that goes with running a race track. And special thanks to all the racers and their families for building and racing their cars for us. They all are some the best anywhere.

Archived