Danica's replacement? Your thoughts.....

NickHolt

12 hours ago, BeachBum said:

Tim/Josh:

Maybe U2 should just wish "anyone" who gets in a race car ... best of luck & safe racing? 

It's easier to stomach for the rest of us who "genuinely" support the sport...

United we race ... divided we don't!

I support the sport more than you know.  best of luck to her but she tears up a lot of stuff.  I think there is a lot more deserving drivers of a ride than her. Its just like Danica she held that seat at SHR for way to long.  She tore up a lot of equipment but because she could keep bringing money to the table she kept her seat when there was other drivers who were better but just didn't bring the money. All of this has been proven when Almirola got into the seat and immediately that car went from a top 25 car to a top 10-15.  We have seen what the 44 truck can do with Ross Chastain behind the wheel of that truck and that wont happen with Natalie behind the wheel.  She will do good at the plate tracks but in the meat of the season she will be a field filler.  I mean I get it for Al its all about business he has someone paying him good money for that seat, but I think there is honestly better drivers for the spot.  This is where we are with the sport, until we go back to drivers who get their rides because of talent not pocketbooks this will always be an argument.

23 hours ago, BeachBum said:

Tim/Josh:

Maybe U2 should just wish "anyone" who gets in a race car ... best of luck & safe racing? 

Jeez, I’m a big U2 fan. For a second I thought Bono put his foot in his mouth (again).

2 hours ago, BeachBum said:

Me 2 SoCal dude. 

We saw em' play @ da Murf (SD/CA) back in the late 80's... 

Bitchin' Show! Still have the tickets!

But not sure I get your drift? B)

When I read your post, I saw “U2” and immediately thought of the band - I totally overlooked the reference to Tim/Josh.  So, I read it as the band said something about Danica’s replacement...just the way my mind worked for a second.

Saw them three times. Back on The Joshua Tree tour in Philadelphia, then 2005 in Anaheim and 2018 in Los Angeles.

Great shows, all different in their own way.

8 hours ago, PAPosse said:

When I read your post, I saw “U2” and immediately thought of the band - I totally overlooked the reference to Tim/Josh.  So, I read it as the band said something about Danica’s replacement...just the way my mind worked for a second.

Saw them three times. Back on The Joshua Tree tour in Philadelphia, then 2005 in Anaheim and 2018 in Los Angeles.

Great shows, all different in their own way.

3 times? UR da fortunate one!  U2 is the 2nd best band I've ever seen. 

Of course, the Stones are (and always will be) #1.

But again ...that's JMO. :D

Good luck in your next race!

On 1/20/2020 at 6:45 PM, BeachBum said:

Tim/Josh:

Hey bruh, I support them all, even COTA.  I love watching the truckers wreck.