Track Promoter

Abel64

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did we get 2 different tires running together?? We talking street tires or G60's? Not both together.

Now the G60 thing could be a good idea. Lots of cars in Corpus run them and I've seen guys run em down to nothin at CC with little performance loss...pull offs are abundant. And I would bet you would get more cars from dirt over to try...

IMO, there ain't nothin to driving these cars on Goodyears. Of course its easier to drive with a racing tire on a little 1/4 track. Faster speeds make for boring racing. Its hard to go outside or run side by side with these tires becasue they make it too easy to drive therefor everyone is fast and driving one line...with a street tire you see the driver come out. Do you want to race and make passes or just follow the leader?? Me personally I want to race. You'd never see a guy start in the back of a field of 16 cars and make his way to the front in 20 laps. On street tires...Oh yeah!!

"Now the G60 thing could be a good idea. Lots of cars in Corpus run them and I've seen guys run em down to nothin at CC with little performance loss...pull offs are abundant. And I would bet you would get more cars from dirt over to try..."

Now THAT sounds like a winning deal.

That is the problem....they do hog the middle of the track. Why not?? Then you basically have to move them to pass cause they are not going to make that mistake and slip up on a Goodyear tire like they would a street tire...You don't have to tell me about the high side cause I've made a lot of passes up there.....even on Goodyears. But as a whole it just doesn't happen as often and it is much harder to do.

I remember one night when Owen was running the track we had 21 street stocksWe were on street tires and I was driving the car that John Witchie has been driving for the last several years. I started 21st (the last of the scratch cars) and Greg Jr started around 16th or 17th because he was the points leader. He won the race and I finished a distant 2nd after running about the last 7 laps door to door with Greg Sr. That kind of racing and passing does not happen now with the slicks, the cars are just to fast with them. I gained alot of respect for Greg Sr I wish every race was like that.

The Street Stocks on street tires was more competitive than the Hoosiers . If you buy new Hoosiers your going to be fast as hell compared to someone on a set 2 weeks old and with the street tires it didn't seem to make that much difference . I don't have a street stock but I have raced on "racing tires" and street tires and once you get your car figured out the street tires feel real good . J/S

How many out of town Street Stocks has CCS seen the last two years? Don't worry about CTS or old SAS Streets.They don't race CCS.Build the class with Corpus cars.

Excellent point. Out of town cars will never keep your track going. Build your classes with what is best for your local cars and do not even consider the out of town cars. If you have 30 out of town cars come down once during the year you are only adding a couple of cars each night. Make it more affordable for your local cars and you will gain more than 2 cars each night. Out of town cars will change their car over if they plan on racing there more than a couple of nights.

Archived