Tech question

outlaw

I had noticed it before but last night I noticed it again. Do they not tech the cars at the speedway. I remember last year seeing the cars lined up at the tin shed next to where Cody parks but this year I have not seen it. I don't race but travel to all the tracks in the area and being raised in Pennsylvania around racing this seems very odd.

Outlaw

AKA JerryB

Nope no tech this year. Dont have a tech person at the track and anyone that has done tech out there is racong in one class or another. I know. Pretty much a run what you brung year in all classes. I dont think they have teched, but maybe twice this year. I would say no more than a handful of time at the most.

There is only so much we as drivers can do to make the track have better car counts and make it better for everyone. But comments like the one above can definatly cause people not to want to come out. Some of us are busting our butts to bring the track back to its past glory. Yeah we do have problems and tech is one of the biggest one, but if you want to see more cars out here bad mouthing and whining isn't the way to do it. outlaw this post isn't directed towards you. You brought your concern up in a professional manner. Josh I mean no disrespect but that could have been said differently.

Sounds like it is pretty simple.Fix the problems or it will not grow.Not having tech is not a small problem. What good are rules then? Also opens the door to finger pointing and all the stuff that goes with that. Well this season is almost over and hopefully during the off season things can be addressed and fixed.

LOOKS LIKE LACK OF TECH HAS NOT BEEN A BIG ISSUE ....SEEMS TO ME MOST CLASSES ARE ON AN EVEN LEVEL..NO ONE IS BLOWING ANYONE AWAY ...EVERYONE IS GETTING ALONG PURTY GOOD ...THERE HAVE BEEN A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS I KNOW AND DAN HAS ANSWERED THEM ....IF THERE WAS A BIG PROBLEM HE WOULD CHECK THE CARS OUT . I SAY WAY TO GO TO ALL THE DRIVERS AND TEAMS FOR KEEPING IT CLOSE ..... LET IT BE INJOY WHAT RACEN WE HAVE AND BE GLAD THE TRACK IS OPEN .WE ARE INLOYING OURSELVES . WE DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO HIDE ..

Debi and I are the owners of Outlaw Embroidery and are doing what little we can to support the track. From my limited experience not teching cars can become a big deal. I don't have any idea if and really don't think any of the guys running now are out side the rules. But I do think it may stop some new drivers from coming in thinking that the regulars are getting some kind of break.

Cody I think what you do to support the track is awesome and I hope it works.

I agree with arob and outlaw 100%. It is in the owners hands to get a tech man though. If any of us drivers nominate someone to tech there will be some finger pointing and accusations. But I nominate Mike Carlock to be the head tech official. But that is in Dan's hands.

WELL TWO RACE NIGHTS LEFT .TOO LATE FOR A TECH THIS YEAR . ..THOUGH CODY YOU PICKED MIKE AND I HAVE NO PROBLEM ..IT CAN STILL CREATE A PROBLEM .BUT WE ALL KNOW .NO MATTER WHO THE TECH IS NOT EVERY ONE WILL BE HAPPY .I AM SURE NEXT YEAR DAN WILL HAVE A TECH MAN ...I DONT WANT MY POST TO COME OUT LOOKING LIKE I DONT WANT A TECH MAN AND I DO AGREE WITH ALL OF YOU ON MANY ASPECTS ..EVERY TRACK NEEDS ONE AND SHOULD HAVE ONE .GETTING THE RIGHT ONE IS THE HARD PART .AND I DONT SEE MANY WANTING THAT JOB......ITS A LOSE FRIENDS JOB ...

It is sad when a person could lose friends for doing his/her job.You would think if the rules are written right there should few gray areas.But you are right it would take a pretty thick skinned person to do that job.Btw to outlaw thank you for doing what you can do to support your track.I hope you continue because CCS is closer than I thought to coming back after being there Sat. night after quite awhile.

I have really enjoyed CCS this year and look forward to next year and I hope things get ironed out over the off season. I hope I didn't ruffel any feathers by bringing up this topic.

Arob I agree it would take someone with a thick skin and a suit of armor on top.

I have really enjoyed CCS this year and look forward to next year and I hope things get ironed out over the off season. I hope I didn't ruffel any feathers by bringing up this topic.

Arob I agree it would take someone with a thick skin and a suit of armor on top.

I DONT THINK ANY HARM IS DONE ..YOU HAD A QUESTION..........NOW I KNOW HOW YOU COULD REALLY SUPPORT CC ....BECOME THE TECH....WHAT SAY YOU .....

I don't have the Technical knowledge or feel I would have the time to put the commitment into it that you guys deserve. Besides the Embroidery shop its 1:45 am and I just got home from work. Oh and i hope to have a dwarf car by next season.

Archived