SAS website

Mark39

i want to see brandon bendele tommy grimes barker and a few more ill pay to see them go at it again. im praying super hard!!! its a dream of mine to i was super bummed when they closed it i gave up all hope of racing until my dad got us the car we got now which we raced at 1-37 couple years ago. thanks to i-37 great track great ownership and great racers and fans. i havent been ready until this year and hopefully this dream will be reality. im not even worried about winning anything i just want some laps on that track!!!!!!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congratulations to all you dirt guys. We get it. You love dirt. But, if you love dirt so much why do you continue to look over the fence at the asphalt tracks and trash them. Leave us be.

If this track does reopen, I imagine it to be like A Field of Dreams, at least for a little while...

Changed a few words...hope I don't get in trouble for that.

Ray, people will come Ray. They'll come to SAS for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. Of course, we won't mind if you look around, you'll say. It's only $20 per person. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and peace they lack. And they'll walk out to the bleachers; sit in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along front straight away, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the race and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come Ray. The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been racing. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But racing has marked the time. This track, this sport: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come.

:D:D:D great parody, well done

jay

i love that movie ....FIELD OF DREAMS ......I LOVE THE FACT RACEN CAN BE AGAIN AT SAS .I LOVE THE FACT THAT SO MANY HAVE PASSION FOR THE DESIRED TYP OF RACING...DIRT..PAVEMENT .DRAG .OR FOOT RACE .WHAT EVER YOU LOVE ....ONE THING IS FOR SURE ....WE ARE ALL FAMILY .........

yea im thinking 3 days might not be enough , i can only imagine the amount of cars that will be going out there if this dream comes true

it might be backed up to 410 of people jus trying to get in . lol , i think the best thing we can do is jus send these people on their website and thank our hearts out to them

Well 2 options for the 5th class... A mini stock type class (Econ) or Pro Late Models..

Pro Lates will require more $$ to build the class.. vs. Something like mini's (4&6) would be cost eff...

Mini stocks are not safe to race at SAS or built to those speeds. Hit the wall with a mini stock with how they are built to the safety rules and your going to the hospital. The Late models should be a class out there no doubt.

Well 2 options for the 5th class... A mini stock type class (Econ) or Pro Late Models..

Pro Lates will require more $$ to build the class.. vs. Something like mini's (4&6) would be cost eff...

For one, instead of already telling these people what to do and how to do it, just let them do what they intend on doing before everybody puts a bad taste in their mouth by already complaining about this or that.

Secondly, MINI STOCKS??? Seriously?? .... who would want to watch 6 mini stocks run 30 second laps at SAS if it does indeed reopen. Too many lower level classes does not lead to an exciting night of racing. You want people to come back again and again?? Have the pits full of RACECARS. Anybody remember the nights that SAS would host ROMCO, TSRS and TAMS or ARTS on the same night? Standing room only in the stands. This forum blows my mind sometimes with the things that are suggested and/or complained about. Come on guys.

WOW I THINK THE THUNDER STOCK / PURE STOCK WOULD BE A BETTER CLASS TO RUN I BELEIVE YOU WOULD HAVE 30 TO 40 CARS SHOW UP. MOST ARE ALREADY BUILT AND READY TO RACE. THEY ALSO SAID THEY MAY HAVE 4 TO 5 EVENT A YEAR MAYBE THEY CAN CHANGE THE CLASSES UP SOME. THAT WAY YOU COULD HAVE DIFFERENT CLASSES FOR EACH EVENT. COURSE I`M SAYING THIS CUZ I HAVE A THUNDER STOCK. :P

Ive always thought a mini/frontrunner class @ sas would b great. Affordable & the track is big enough u could run like, 30 of them. Keep a universal rule on them so a dirt or asphalt could race. Also agree that it wouldnt b the same w/out latemodels. So maybe big shows for tsrs might bring back big names. Bendele, teer, grimes, aremendia, balser, barker, etc. I think w/little changes grandstock/thunderstock/purestock would bring a great car count. Street/super r in a class of their own. They will put on a show & have car count. How am I doin, hi-tech? Is my grammar correct? Hows my spelling?

Ive always thought a mini/frontrunner class @ sas would b great. Affordable & the track is big enough u could run like, 30 of them. Keep a universal rule on them so a dirt or asphalt could race. Also agree that it wouldnt b the same w/out latemodels. So maybe big shows for tsrs might bring back big names. Bendele, teer, grimes, aremendia, balser, barker, etc. I think w/little changes grandstock/thunderstock/purestock would bring a great car count. Street/super r in a class of their own. They will put on a show & have car count. How am I doin, hi-tech? Is my grammar correct? Hows my spelling?

I AM NOT CRAZY ABOUT RACERS WHO DOWN OTHER CLASSES THEY DON'T RUN IN ..EVERYONE WHO TAKES THE TIME MONEY .SLEEPLESS NIGHTS .LONG DAYS .MISSES A SPECIAL OCCASION..BIRTHDAYS .AND SUCH DESERVES THE SAME RESPECT AS ANYONE WHO THINKS THEY ARE IN A HIGHER BRACKET .MAKE.S ME WONDER WHY THEY THINK THEY ARE SPECIAL AND ABOVE OTHERS ....TRUTH BE KNOWN THEY STARTED IN THE LOWER LEVEL AND SHOULD BE THANKFUL AND THOUGHTFUL...PLUS THEY ARE NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO HOW MANY MINI.S ARE ACTUALLY OUT THERE ...MY BET IS LIKE YOURS .30 WOULD SHOW UP. I KNOW 20 TO 25 TPS CARS WOULD MAKE IT ..WE WOULD BRING ONE OUT OF RETIREMENT TO RACE THERE AGAIN. WITH A TOTAL OF THREE CARS PLUS OUR TWO V8 CARS ...TPS CARS LOOK LIKE MINI.S BUT 10.000 DOLLAR MOTORS TUBE CHASSIS AND SOME OF THE BEST DRIVERS AROUND .ALONG WITH THE BEFORE MENTIONED CLASSES YOU STATED .WOW ..WHAT A SHOW FOR EVERYONE .. I AM SURE THE FOLKS INVOLVED KNOW WHAT THEY WANT TO DO ,,....NO MATTER WHAT CLASSES THEY RACE I WISH EM GOOD LUCK .AND WILL BE THERE TO RACE OR WATCH..............................................ADDED NOTE .YOU ARE DOING JUST GREAT .BUT ILL STILL PASS THE TROPHY.......THANKS FOR THE LAUGH......

It would cost the mini stocks to much money to upgrade on the cage and frame structure, fuel systems, etc to be safe enough to race there. How the mini stocks now are built would NOT hold up to take a hit in the wall or another car at those speeds. THR and i-37 does not have steel walls all the way around and is a smaller track that doesn't carry speeds like SAS does. The late models, pro sedans, or thunder-pure stocks would work for sure as they have proven their selves.

I just have 1 request!

Greg Davidson brings his 1 600hp late model to run around sas when it opens back up!

I would bet he still says he ain't got enough motor lmao!!

And bring Rick Rapp and John Kelly back for one more race just to show the youngsters how it's done the right way...

Nick

Some of you people seriously need to have a government job.....Overlook the important issues, for your own personal pleasure....

I have yet to see anyone broach the subject on several key issues..... :huh:

Hmmmm... Yep! But like somebody said a few pages back, "Ya gotta start somewhere". This many comments does show there is a real potential for this facility. Whatever the owners do or don't will cause heartburn for somebody. I applaud racers, potential racers, fans, and the owners for rolling the ball and giving me another reason to visit the SA region!

Now, on to the key issues!

I just have 1 request!

Greg Davidson brings his 1 600hp late model to run around sas when it opens back up!

I would bet he still says he ain't got enough motor lmao!!

I bet you could pull Greg from Landspeed and Road Course racing for one more race....

Now, on to the key issues

I hope there are some nice SAS shirts for sale. :P

Yep. And I hope the press box has a nice refrigerator stocked with all kinds of goodies. And free Shiner Bock. And Dr. Pepper. And sandwiches from Jason's Deli, and high speed internet and direct access to scoring and a radio on the Race Director's channel.

I hope I'm not asking for too much. LOL

Nick

Archived