Loss of a Great Man

debwill

I just saw the following note on Chase Stapp's FB page:

It is with great Sadness but also some relief that I say goodbye to my dad, Ed Stapp today. He was a great father, a great Police Officer, and a great man. Rest in peace Dad and know that you will be missed and celebrated.

As many of you know, Ed Stap was an incredible, well-respected man. He will be sorely missed by the racing community. May God's peace be with him, and my sincerest sympathy goes out to the Stapp family during this very difficult time.

Rest in Peace Mr. Stapp. You were a great man and we were blessed by having known you. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Chase and Cary along with your families. God Bless You. Chase and Cary, If there is ANYTHING we can do or that you need, all you have to do is call.

David and Patricia Lewien

i've always called him 'champs dad' or 'pa pa law dog'.

these 3 guys i feel like i've had an unbreakable friendship with for over 12 years on and off the track. that's sometimes unheard of in this sport. not just because we are competitors but because we are competitive. through ed's past racing carreer and love of the sport it introduced me to 2 friends for life, and i'm very thankful for that. he never treated me like 'the guy that wanted to beat his sons'. he treated me like a true friend.....and i thought the world of him.

-gonna miss you Ed.

A huge loss to all who knew and respected Mr. Stapp. It doesn't take much looking around to see what an outstanding person Ed was and the mark he has left on all of us who are still on this side of Heaven.

May God's peace be with the entire Stapp family and with the racing community as we mourn the loss of this giant of a man.

Nick

I'm so sorry for your lose Chase And Cary.... I never knew him but from what I have heard he was a very nice man, God bless you all and may he hold you both in the hallow of his hands.......

Our prayers and condolences go to the Stapp family in the loss of a great man, It was never my pleasure to meet him but God called home another angel. May God be with you Chase and Cary and the entire Stapp family. Larry and Joyce Walton

Prayers sent. I know what it means to loss your dad. We took care dad for 2 years with Alzheimers. I went to wake him and he had past. That will be 10 years and it seems like yesterday.The Lord called him back as he called your dad back.

Ed was always so proud of Cary in the Winner's Circle, especially when he won the ASA National Championship in 2008. Here's one of the many Victory Lane pictures that Ed took with his family and Cary's crew that year (photo by Jeff Garvin). For those who don't know him, Ed is on the far right.

post-29-1311655754.jpg

Ed didn't just meet the standard, but rather defined the standard for what it means to be "The Gentleman's Gentleman." When I would arrive at THR, one of the first things I would always do was look around for Ed. It was always such a pleasure to get to visit with him. I am honored to have known this man. He will truly be missed by all who knew and loved him. Godspeed my friend.

Archived