Thunderhill Raceway Driver and Owner Meeting

debwill

Thunderhill Raceway and Series Registered Drivers and Registered Car Owners,

We will have a meeting for all 2011 THR (and NASCAR) registered drivers in all divisions and all car/truck owners (must show car owner name on registration form that is on file), along with the series drivers and car/kart owners that race at THR, as follows:

Tuesday, June 28

7:30 p.m.

Comfort Suites

15295 South IH 35

Buda, Texas 78610

It is highly recommended that all drivers and owners attend this meeting, and all participants will be checked in at the door. No spouses, crew members, etc., will be allowed into the meeting.

Talk of building a speedway in California large enough to host NASCAR events began in 1981 - even before Long Beach closed and was redeveloped. After many sites would be approved then denied from all the monkeys jumping on board each different new argument against each site - ground finally broke in 1995.

Now you ask any business owner in the Fontana area and they are super glad its there! The race weekend sells 25 times more stuff from local convenience stores than any other weekend! Look at fontana's sales tax reports and you can easily spot the race month.

Talk of building a speedway in California large enough to host NASCAR events began in 1981 - even before Long Beach closed and was redeveloped. After many sites would be approved then denied from all the monkeys jumping on board each different new argument against each site - ground finally broke in 1995.

Now you ask any business owner in the Fontana area and they are super glad its there! The race weekend sells 25 times more stuff from local convenience stores than any other weekend! Look at fontana's sales tax reports and you can easily spot the race month.

Sothern Californis had Ontario Motor Speedway , a clone of Daytona, until the early 80's

when it was torn down to build houses. Same with Riverside International Raceway. I watched the likes of Fireball Roberts race there.

With the Formula One track coming, I think all kinds of racing will grow in this area.

Sothern Californis had Ontario Motor Speedway , a clone of Daytona, until the early 80's

when it was torn down to build houses. Same with Riverside International Raceway. I watched the likes of Fireball Roberts race there.

With the Formula One track coming, I think all kinds of racing will grow in this area.

Ontario was a clone of Indy, with the exception of a road course and drag strip.

Ontario was patterned after Indy, but was one lane wider, and had banked short chutes.

It was banked 9 degrees, the same as Indy at that time.

Mary Ann Naumann is in control and still keeping it real for us.. lets all show the appreciation the track deserves. This is fun, there will be changes so some folks need to be prepared for some detailed info coming up before July 16th. Sometimes having the options layed out can be scary and honestly the truth can be uncomfortable which it was tonight... I challenge you fellow racers, owners, fans and racing followers.. let's get the ship back on track and finish 2011 on track..

I'm coming to you all as a racer, did that long before any of the other stuff I do now, time to make this all happen the right way!

Archived