ASA lives again

KC11

What kind of concessions?  Indy car tires and nitrous?

I think that we all agree that something needs to be done here to increase car counts. Texas is a region all to itself with a captive audience because of our geographics. It is baffling to think that states like Wisconsin can have 40 and 50 late models show up for races and we cannot.

I am a big fan of all of the late model series. I think that the SLM cars put on a great show, and I think that the TSRS cars do too. We are trying the Houston late models, and in theory they seem like they have great potential. If the local late model series are only fielding 8-10 cars a race at SAS, THR & HMP it can be very discouraging to the drivers that are currently in it and any that may be interested in trying it. Not to mention boring for the spectators!

I agree with the earlier post that all of the series' need promotion. If there was a way that the different series could somehow make concessions for one another and still remain competitive throughout the field it would really boost car counts and would probably create fan loyalty watching "their" series compete with others.

The other suggestion, (which appears to not be very popular to SLM drivers), would be to create a statewide series that has more parody that just doesn't cost as much to operate and wrench as the SLM's. Some say if you can't afford it, run another cheaper class. Well that is what some people are trying to do. I would be in favor of trying the 400 hp Crate series. If you could get the SLM's, TSRS, and each of the local LM series to join in this theory it would be impressive. We should look at what is working in other states and try it. Maybe the leadership of each of the Texas series' should get together and see if they could come up with something like this that would work.

Just my un-educated idea.

Hey Textom,

I'll be down at the snowball but not racing. We blew two motors at the All American this weekend and won't have any ready in time. I'll be back next year to run a couple of Late Model races in Texas and my Dad is also coming back to the drivers seat to run a race at San Antonio Speedway next year.

talk to you later

Eric

my Dad is also coming back to the drivers seat to run a race at San Antonio Speedway next year.

Dang, Eric, do they make seats that big?!?! :D

Marc,

Eric is talking about his dad Jake JR. Jake Sr was Lucian's brother.

Archived